Sims 2 garden mansion and stuff wrong disc inserted and launcher keeps stopped working

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 2 garden mansion and stuff wrong disc inserted and launcher keeps stopped working

Post by simrinravioli on Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:12 am

Hello:D Please allow me to post my problem here .Anyway, I've downloaded the sims 2 together with the free time, mansion and garden stuff and apartment life EP and mounted and installed them. But when I clicked apartment life, it says "wrong disc inserted". What I don't understand is that why does it ask for a garden and mansion disc when apartment life is the latest. TT.TT And the launcher keep stopped working whenever I click play Why. Why..Please help me thankks you Wat. Help
simrinravioli
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : sims 2,3,4
Female Posts : 17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 2 garden mansion and stuff wrong disc inserted and launcher keeps stopped working

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:16 pm

@simrinravioli wrote:Hello:D Please allow me to post my problem here .Anyway, I've downloaded the sims 2 together with the free time, mansion and garden stuff and apartment life EP and mounted and installed them. But when I clicked apartment life, it says "wrong disc inserted". What I don't understand is that why does it ask for a garden and mansion disc when apartment life is the latest. TT.TT And the launcher keep stopped working whenever I click play Why. Why..Please help me thankks you Wat. Help

Sorry, I'm afraid I can't really help with your issue. TS2 and expansions are known to be very cumbersome in terms of getting them to run on newer Windows OSes.

I had in mind a few ideas on a possible re-release of TS2 by Games4TheWorld, but everything is still much "work in progress".

Until then, look on torrent sites for complete collections of TS2 and all expansions; sorry again that I cannot help in your instance. WhatDidUJustCallMe? 
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14068

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 2 garden mansion and stuff wrong disc inserted and launcher keeps stopped working

Post by SeoY on Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:38 pm

@simrinravioli wrote:Hello:D Please allow me to post my problem here .Anyway, I've downloaded the sims 2 together with the free time, mansion and garden stuff and apartment life EP and mounted and installed them. But when I clicked apartment life, it says "wrong disc inserted". What I don't understand is that why does it ask for a garden and mansion disc when apartment life is the latest. TT.TT And the launcher keep stopped working whenever I click play Why. Why..Please help me thankks you Wat. Help

Hi there, @simrinravioli! Smile

I just want to add that Mansions & Garden Stuff is the latest Stuff Pack for The Sims 2, and it was released after Apartment Life. So, it's normal that it's asking for the disc of the latest 'Pack', that being M&G. Maybe you could try clicking on that one instead?

But apart from that, I'm sorry I can't help you either. Good luck, though!

"Isn't this a wonderful spot for a rest? I so love the sound of the rain upon glass."
SeoY
Minecraft Moderator
MC Wizard & Keeper of the Realm
Minecraft Moderator MC Wizard & Keeper of the Realm

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Hollow Knight, Dishonored, Bioshock Infinite, Bioshock 1-2, The Sims series, Terraria, Metro 2033, Metro: Last Light, Batman: Arkham series, Ōkami, Metal Gear Solid series, The Binding of Isaac, Silent Hill, Ace Attorney, Civilization V, Portal 2, Minecraft
Male Posts : 1726

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:04 am

I actually got mine from Piratebay, namely the "Sims 2 Double-Deluxe" with all expansions and stuffpacks. And I managed to get it working, actually, but I wasn't able to find it on any other torrent site. As you can see here, I posted a suggestion on how to install that specific release:

http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t16036-the-sims-2-double-deluxe-solved#113014

But I'm not sure if that procedure applies to all Sims 2 games, or only this specific release. If you are still interested, I will keep on looking for it, elsewhere.
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14068

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum