Does the Ultimate Fix work with Origin base games?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Does the Ultimate Fix work with Origin base games?

Post by chicagonative on Thu 29 Jan 2015, 18:06

Hello! I apologize if this has already been asked, but I do not want to mess anything up just in case.

I purchased my base game through Origin, but would like to use G4TW's expansions and Ultimate Fix. Are these two compatible? I know it was compatible with Sims 3, but this is a whole nother ball game.

Thank you!

//EDIT

Also, to be clear, a patch was release Jan. 13, which is 1.3.32.1010. Another patch was released Jan. 22, which is 1.3.33.1010. The Ultimate Fix is for the one released on Jan 13, correct?
chicagonative
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 3, Mass Effect 1, 2, & 3, Dragon Age: Origins, Awakenings, & 2, Spore & Darkspore, Skyrim, Fable, Fallout 3
Female Posts : 19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Does the Ultimate Fix work with Origin base games?

Post by Adwomin on Thu 29 Jan 2015, 19:35

Hi there,

Yes, they should work together just fine. When you want to play the game though, you might have to put Origin in "Offline Mode", otherwise stuff like Outdoor Retreat and the Holiday Celebration Pack might not show up in-game, because they are not actually linked to your Origin account.

Also, for as far as I know, there is no 1.3.33 patch at all. The Ultimate Fix currently updates to the latest available version, which is 1.3.32. More information: http://help.ea.com/en/article/the-sims-4-updates/

~ Nobody's gril. ~
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : GTA Series, Cities: Skylines, Prison Architect, Borderlands series
Female Posts : 19214

View user profile https://www.games4theworld.org

Back to top Go down

Post by smokeytaboo on Fri 30 Jan 2015, 18:40

I have the base game through Origin and I cannot get Outdoor Retreat or Holiday to show up in my game. I did the antivirus thing (Sims 4 in Origin folders, my Downloads folder) and  I've tried all the things Carlos suggested in another post but still not working after 3 reinstall attempts. Until I turned Orgin to offline I would get an installtion error but that hasn't appeared since. My game loads up just no content. Any clue on what to do? 

Sorry if I should've made my own post.
smokeytaboo
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 3, Assassins Creed, Elder Scrolls, GTA, Fable series, Left 4 Dead, COD, Zelda, Minecraft, DDR
Female Posts : 47

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Fri 30 Jan 2015, 18:47

@smokeytaboo wrote:I have the base game through Origin and I cannot get Outdoor Retreat or Holiday to show up in my game. I did the antivirus thing (Sims 4 in Origin folders, my Downloads folder) and  I've tried all the things Carlos suggested in another post but still not working after 3 reinstall attempts. Until I turned Orgin to offline I would get an installtion error but that hasn't appeared since. My game loads up just no content. Any clue on what to do? 

Sorry if I should've made my own post.

What about your actual download location, for the stuff you download with your internet browser(s) ? Did you add that to the exclusions too ?

After that, you might try re-downloading the fix again, and re-applying it. Also note that you should try turning off Origin completely, when applying the fix to a legit game. As soon as you replaced the original TS4.exe with the one from the Ultimate fix, Origin isn't necessary at all.

Good luck ! Smile 
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, GTA IV, S.W.A.T. 4, Titanfall, Counter-Strike, Hitman: Absolution, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Antibirth & Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 13689

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by smokeytaboo on Sat 31 Jan 2015, 18:36

Well my downloads from the browser go to my Downloads folder, is this what you are talking about? If so that is on my exclusion list. I have made sure Origin is closed during the whole process and also I don't seem to have TS4.exe in my Sims 4 folder like pictured in your folder on another thread....

smokeytaboo
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 3, Assassins Creed, Elder Scrolls, GTA, Fable series, Left 4 Dead, COD, Zelda, Minecraft, DDR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SeoY on Sat 31 Jan 2015, 18:41

@smokeytaboo wrote:Well my downloads from the browser go to my Downloads folder, is this what you are talking about? If so that is on my exclusion list. I have made sure Origin is closed during the whole process and also I don't seem to have TS4.exe in my Sims 4 folder like pictured in your folder on another thread....

Hi there, @smokeytaboo! Smile

The TS4.exe is located inside the Game\Bin folder, in that screenshot you posted. But here is where you are supposed to apply the Ultimate Fix, so that the files are overwritten. Please check in the Game\Bin folder to see if all of the files necessary are there, or if they were deleted.

"Isn't this a wonderful spot for a rest? I so love the sound of the rain upon glass."
SeoY
Minecraft Moderator
MC Wizard & Keeper of the Realm
Minecraft Moderator MC Wizard & Keeper of the Realm

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Hollow Knight, Dishonored, Bioshock Infinite, Bioshock 1-2, The Sims series, Terraria, Metro 2033, Metro: Last Light, Batman: Arkham series, Ōkami, Metal Gear Solid series, The Binding of Isaac, Silent Hill, Ace Attorney, Civilization V, Portal 2, Minecraft
Male Posts : 1724

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by smokeytaboo on Sat 31 Jan 2015, 18:49

Ah silly me, I should've known that. This is where I applied the Ultimate Fix though, I'm currently in the process of downloading the fix again and I'll try again, I'm positive I'm doing everything right -_-

Turn Origin off, even in system tray (etc)
Have all the correct files in my anti-virus exception list (I even turned it off this time just in case)
Windows Firewall stuff
And apply in C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4

Anything else you could think of?

Idk if this has anything to do with it but I only have this file vcredist_x86.exe not the other one...
smokeytaboo
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SeoY on Sun 01 Feb 2015, 07:05

@smokeytaboo wrote:Ah silly me, I should've known that. This is where I applied the Ultimate Fix though, I'm currently in the process of downloading the fix again and I'll try again, I'm positive I'm doing everything right -_-

Turn Origin off, even in system tray (etc)
Have all the correct files in my anti-virus exception list (I even turned it off this time just in case)
Windows Firewall stuff
And apply in C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4

Anything else you could think of?

Idk if this has anything to do with it but I only have this file vcredist_x86.exe not the other one...

Do you mean that you weren't able to install the vcredist_x64.exe, or that you don't have it? Because it is included on the Ultimate Fix.

Apart from that, I'm not sure how the "Origin Games" folder works, and if they are able to run not having Origin running, without moving them first. But we'll see about that. First, re-apply the Ultimate Fix and install both of the vcredist files and let us know how it goes. Good luck!

"Isn't this a wonderful spot for a rest? I so love the sound of the rain upon glass."
SeoY
Minecraft Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Hollow Knight, Dishonored, Bioshock Infinite, Bioshock 1-2, The Sims series, Terraria, Metro 2033, Metro: Last Light, Batman: Arkham series, Ōkami, Metal Gear Solid series, The Binding of Isaac, Silent Hill, Ace Attorney, Civilization V, Portal 2, Minecraft

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hotkillerz on Sun 01 Feb 2015, 08:52

i'm curious if this worked as i also have the base game but i store bought it, and am already upadted to the lastest patch, so my question for this is did it work and if so will orgin need to be turned off?

hotkillerz
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : sims,stwor,startrek
Male Posts : 26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SeoY on Sun 01 Feb 2015, 18:09

@hotkillerz wrote:i'm curious if this worked as i also have the base game but i store bought it, and am already upadted to the lastest patch, so my question for this is did it work and if so will orgin need to be turned off?

Hi there, @hotkillerz! Smile

We still don't have any indication if the Ultimate Fix is compatible with a base game from Origin, as The Sims 4 is very different to The Sims 3. In theory, it should work, but we are still testing that.

But yes, if you want to have the DLC in your game, then Origin will need to be closed. Having Origin open in the background will make the DLC disappear from the game.

SeoY
Minecraft Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CordlessBlur on Mon 02 Feb 2015, 04:11

Just a note since you have the base game you can install the holiday pack for free from origin by clicking Sims 4 in your Origin client then scrolling down a bit

CordlessBlur
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum