Origin Required to Launch Sims 4?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Origin Required to Launch Sims 4?

Post by Ertert14 on Sat 31 Jan 2015, 14:01

Hi there,
I installed The Sims 4 by running the G4TW Sims 4 setup and then following the instructions in the G4TW ultimate fix. I also made sure that everything relevant to the installation was excluded in my anti-virus, Avast. I even re-downloaded both the G4TW Sims 4 file and the ultimate fix in-case something went wrong in the download process. However, when I try to start up the game it still gives me this error:

I did test it out with Origin running and it does run, but it's missing the DLC's as expected.  I'm not sure what exactly I did wrong and was hoping someone could help me. Thanks!

Ertert14
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Origin Required to Launch Sims 4?

Post by Shamrock on Sat 31 Jan 2015, 14:08

Hello,

Is your Origin up to date?
Are you sure you applied the Ultimate Fix correctly?

Shamrock  

Please PM or e-mail me for any help or advice!
Shamrock
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3 (series), Warcraft III, Civilization V, Vampire Bloodlines, Football Manager 2012, Pokemon games
Male Posts : 3265

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ertert14 on Sat 31 Jan 2015, 14:19

Hi,
my Origin is indeed up to date and i followed the instructions of the Ultimate Fix word for word. I copied all the folders from the Ultimate Fix into my game directory and what not.

Ertert14
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamrock on Sat 31 Jan 2015, 14:25

What about the firewall options mentioned in the instructions?

Shamrock  

Shamrock
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3 (series), Warcraft III, Civilization V, Vampire Bloodlines, Football Manager 2012, Pokemon games

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ertert14 on Sat 31 Jan 2015, 14:40

The ultimate fix guide doesn't have any instructions about firewalls. But, I followed the firewall instructions in the "unable to utart initialization" thread. The only exception to following those instructions is that my Avast is the free version so it doesn't have a firewall in the first place.

Ertert14
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamrock on Sat 31 Jan 2015, 14:45

Are you sure you followed step 1 of the Ultimate Fix instructions?

Shamrock  

Shamrock
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ertert14 on Sat 31 Jan 2015, 14:47

Yes, i'm sure I followed the steps in step 1. I've also checked Avast's quarantine chest, where by default for me a detected virus gets moved to, and there's nothing new in there.

Ertert14
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SeoY on Sun 01 Feb 2015, 07:08

@Ertert14 wrote:Yes, i'm sure I followed the steps in step 1. I've also checked Avast's quarantine chest, where by default for me a detected virus gets moved to, and there's nothing new in there.

Hi there, @Ertert14! Smile

Is this the first time you installed The Sims 4 on that PC? Or did you have another version of the game installed before?

Now, did you also add the location where your browser puts the Downloads to the Exceptions List? It's possible that your antivirus is removing files directly from the Ultimate Fix, before you even apply it.

"Isn't this a wonderful spot for a rest? I so love the sound of the rain upon glass."
SeoY
Minecraft Moderator
MC Wizard & Keeper of the Realm
Minecraft Moderator MC Wizard & Keeper of the Realm

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Hollow Knight, Dishonored, Bioshock Infinite, Bioshock 1-2, The Sims series, Terraria, Metro 2033, Metro: Last Light, Batman: Arkham series, Ōkami, Metal Gear Solid series, The Binding of Isaac, Silent Hill, Ace Attorney, Civilization V, Portal 2, Minecraft
Male Posts : 1729

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ertert14 on Sun 01 Feb 2015, 08:32

Hi SeoY! 
I did install The Sims 4 on this PC before when The Sims 4 first came out. I believe I uninstalled it shortly after due to issues with getting the game running, but perhaps that's the reason why i'm having issues?

And yes, I've also already added the location of my Downloads folder to the exclusions list of my anti-virus. I even turned it off while downloading the Ultimate Fix again to ensure it was not removing anything. 

Thanks for any help!

Ertert14
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PaigeLuwee on Sun 01 Feb 2015, 10:26

Ive got the same problem here...still cant figure it out how to solve it, I already tried all the instructions above..
PaigeLuwee
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Favourite games : TS3,TS4,KOA.
Female Posts : 21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SeoY on Sun 01 Feb 2015, 17:27

@Ertert14 wrote:Hi SeoY! 
I did install The Sims 4 on this PC before when The Sims 4 first came out. I believe I uninstalled it shortly after due to issues with getting the game running, but perhaps that's the reason why i'm having issues?

And yes, I've also already added the location of my Downloads folder to the exclusions list of my anti-virus. I even turned it off while downloading the Ultimate Fix again to ensure it was not removing anything. 

Thanks for any help!

And the version you had installed before was the 3DM one? Did you make a clean uninstall of that version or just used the Setup to uninstall it? Making an incomplete uninstall of the old version may leave some keys and files left in your computer, affecting the running of the game. So yes, it's possible that that's the reason you are having problems right now.

"Isn't this a wonderful spot for a rest? I so love the sound of the rain upon glass."
SeoY
Minecraft Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Hollow Knight, Dishonored, Bioshock Infinite, Bioshock 1-2, The Sims series, Terraria, Metro 2033, Metro: Last Light, Batman: Arkham series, Ōkami, Metal Gear Solid series, The Binding of Isaac, Silent Hill, Ace Attorney, Civilization V, Portal 2, Minecraft

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ertert14 on Sun 01 Feb 2015, 18:30

I believe it may have been the 3DM version. I don't remember if made a clean uninstall or not at the time, but I have been using an uninstaller application that looks for registry keys and leftover files each time i've tried re-installing the G4TW one. I would expect that to have also found any leftover keys from the 3DM version, but I'm not sure if that's truly the case.

Ertert14
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SeoY on Mon 02 Feb 2015, 02:12

@Ertert14 wrote:I believe it may have been the 3DM version. I don't remember if made a clean uninstall or not at the time, but I have been using an uninstaller application that looks for registry keys and leftover files each time i've tried re-installing the G4TW one. I would expect that to have also found any leftover keys from the 3DM version, but I'm not sure if that's truly the case.

I see. What uninstaller application are you using currently, then? Does it have something like "Super Mode", where it can scan the complete registry and files to detect leftovers?

And, for reference, these are the files that the Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Game\Bin folder should contain:

Please, check that all of them are there, and let us know. Good luck!

SeoY
Minecraft Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ertert14 on Mon 02 Feb 2015, 11:26

@SeoY wrote:
@Ertert14 wrote:I believe it may have been the 3DM version. I don't remember if made a clean uninstall or not at the time, but I have been using an uninstaller application that looks for registry keys and leftover files each time i've tried re-installing the G4TW one. I would expect that to have also found any leftover keys from the 3DM version, but I'm not sure if that's truly the case.

I see. What uninstaller application are you using currently, then? Does it have something like "Super Mode", where it can scan the complete registry and files to detect leftovers?

And, for reference, these are the files that the Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Game\Bin folder should contain:

Please, check that all of them are there, and let us know. Good luck!

Up until now i've been using Revo Uninstaller, but I also gave Your Uninstaller Pro a try. In both cases I used the strongest mode to uninstall The Sims 4; However, I still keep getting the same Origin error. 
My folder does indeed contain all those files.

Ertert14
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Tue 10 Feb 2015, 16:26

@Ertert14 wrote:
Up until now i've been using Revo Uninstaller, but I also gave Your Uninstaller Pro a try. In both cases I used the strongest mode to uninstall The Sims 4; However, I still keep getting the same Origin error. 
My folder does indeed contain all those files.

http://games4theworld.org/contact.html

Sorry for the belated reply, but read the part about "TeamViewer" there, and if you agree on that, do make sure to catch me on the chatbox (at the top of the forum's main page !), when you see me online there. I'm most active there on weekends (Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays). I will then try and fix the issue via TeamViewer for you.  

Note that there are a number of other users waiting already for TeamViewer help, so you may have to wait until "another" weekend, if you cannot get the issue fixed yourself.

G4TW Forum rules // G4TW Forum FAQ // G4TW Downloads // G4TW on ThePiratebay

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14830

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum