reason Thesims4 won't launch [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

reason Thesims4 won't launch [SOLVED]

Post by PaigeLuwee on Sun 01 Feb 2015, 11:41

Hello guys,I just wanna share with you about this origin problem, I guess some us facing the same problems since its all about the origin. So im not going to post about how to solve it since I can't figure it out, but I just wanna tell you the reason somehow, its because your antivirus automatically detected some of files in the sims 4 folder. So, try to open your antivirus and go to the detailed report, and klik the Rootkit scan details, u'll see some files have been detected and scanned by ur antivirus, the locations and files are :Program files(x86)/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4/Game/Bin/RldOrigin.dll
so I don't know how to undo it,I tried copy and paste again the files from the fix,put them in the excluded folders of my antivirus,but still cant launch. So if anybody here found the solutions,I hope you can share it here.
Thanks...^^
PaigeLuwee
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Favourite games : TS3,TS4,KOA.
Female Posts : 21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: reason Thesims4 won't launch [SOLVED]

Post by SeoY on Sun 01 Feb 2015, 19:30

Hi there, @PaigeLuwee! Smile

Yes, the errors are most likely caused by the antivirus deleting important files. What antivirus do you have at the moment? And did you make sure to add the install location of the game to the Exceptions List, and also the location where you are downloading and extracting the Ultimate Fix?

If you don't add those to the Exceptions List, then every time you copy and paste them they will be removed by the antivirus. You need to configure the AV first and then copy the files.

Please, let us know how it goes. Good luck! Very Happy

"Isn't this a wonderful spot for a rest? I so love the sound of the rain upon glass."
SeoY
Minecraft Moderator
MC Wizard & Keeper of the Realm
Minecraft Moderator MC Wizard & Keeper of the Realm

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Hollow Knight, Dishonored, Bioshock Infinite, Bioshock 1-2, The Sims series, Terraria, Metro 2033, Metro: Last Light, Batman: Arkham series, Ōkami, Metal Gear Solid series, The Binding of Isaac, Silent Hill, Ace Attorney, Civilization V, Portal 2, Minecraft
Male Posts : 1726

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PaigeLuwee on Thu 05 Feb 2015, 11:04

Hello...
the problem have been fixed. Sorry for the trouble, my AV is Kapersky. I just restored all files that related to the sims 4 in the detailed report of my AV, and everything goes fine. Thanks ^^
PaigeLuwee
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Favourite games : TS3,TS4,KOA.
Female Posts : 21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SeoY on Thu 05 Feb 2015, 14:12

@PaigeLuwee wrote:Hello...
the problem have been fixed. Sorry for the trouble, my AV is Kapersky. I just restored all files that related to the sims 4 in the detailed report of my AV, and everything goes fine. Thanks ^^

That's very good to hear! Very Happy

Problem solved, topic closed. If you ever need anything else, don't doubt to come back. Have fun!

"Isn't this a wonderful spot for a rest? I so love the sound of the rain upon glass."
SeoY
Minecraft Moderator
MC Wizard & Keeper of the Realm
Minecraft Moderator MC Wizard & Keeper of the Realm

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Hollow Knight, Dishonored, Bioshock Infinite, Bioshock 1-2, The Sims series, Terraria, Metro 2033, Metro: Last Light, Batman: Arkham series, Ōkami, Metal Gear Solid series, The Binding of Isaac, Silent Hill, Ace Attorney, Civilization V, Portal 2, Minecraft
Male Posts : 1726

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum