Get rid of "non intrusive ads" using AdBlock Plus (Video Tutorial)!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Get rid of "non intrusive ads" using AdBlock Plus (Video Tutorial)!

Post by Sim Architect on Wed 04 Feb 2015, 02:17

It works on adblock plus for Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer, Opera, Safari and many others running on Windows, Linux, MacOS and so on...

Enjoy!



_________________
Kind regards!

The Sim Architect

It was nice being here. I will be away for a while...

avatar
Sim Architect
Entertainer
I'll make you smile
Entertainer I'll make you smile

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male Posts : 1853
Points : 4376
Reputation : 163
Join date : 2012-03-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Get rid of "non intrusive ads" using AdBlock Plus (Video Tutorial)!

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Wed 04 Feb 2015, 07:38

SvenT wrote:It works on adblock plus for Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer, Opera, Safari and many others running on Windows, Linux, MacOS and so on...

Enjoy!




Hello Sven,


Thanks for the instructive video ! However, in my case, I still got an ad, that opened in a new window (on Firefox). I found that an alternative (additional) solution is that in case this happens, you go to "Filter preferences..." (in your video at 1:00) and then go to the "custom filters" tab, next to "Filter subscriptions". Now, in that custom filters-tab, the button "add filter" in the top right of the window will now show up, and you must click on it.

Then you copy the URL of the ad-window, and paste it into the filter. Then just click on "close", and the filter should be added now. You might need to do that several times (for different ads), but after a while, I think it should make a difference. Very Happy  But that is only a workaround and alternative to the specific problem that I myself was facing.


Good video still ! I hope this can help as many people as possible. Smile  

_________________



G4TW Forum rules // G4TW Forum FAQ // G4TW Downloads // G4TW on ThePiratebay

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4



Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!



avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14830
Points : 19692
Reputation : 2095
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : The Situation Room

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Get rid of "non intrusive ads" using AdBlock Plus (Video Tutorial)!

Post by Sim Architect on Fri 06 Feb 2015, 04:17

Carlos wrote:
SvenT wrote:It works on adblock plus for Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer, Opera, Safari and many others running on Windows, Linux, MacOS and so on...

Enjoy!




Hello Sven,


Thanks for the instructive video ! However, in my case, I still got an ad, that opened in a new window (on Firefox). I found that an alternative (additional) solution is that in case this happens, you go to "Filter preferences..." (in your video at 1:00) and then go to the "custom filters" tab, next to "Filter subscriptions". Now, in that custom filters-tab, the button "add filter" in the top right of the window will now show up, and you must click on it.

Then you copy the URL of the ad-window, and paste it into the filter. Then just click on "close", and the filter should be added now. You might need to do that several times (for different ads), but after a while, I think it should make a difference. Very Happy  But that is only a workaround and alternative to the specific problem that I myself was facing.


Good video still ! I hope this can help as many people as possible. Smile  
Thanks!

You can also right click the stuff that "passes through" and use the "AdBlock Plus Pop Up Add on" menu to block the window content or an ad, for example, as it will ask you what you want to block and show you options (you can block the specific object or an entire domain, depending on the case and your desire).

Have a great weekend! Hope to see you at our Minecraft server sometime soon!

Tea 1 Tea 1

_________________
Kind regards!

The Sim Architect

It was nice being here. I will be away for a while...

avatar
Sim Architect
Entertainer
I'll make you smile
Entertainer I'll make you smile

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male Posts : 1853
Points : 4376
Reputation : 163
Join date : 2012-03-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Get rid of "non intrusive ads" using AdBlock Plus (Video Tutorial)!

Post by Adwomin on Fri 06 Feb 2015, 22:53

SvenT wrote:Thanks!

You can also right click the stuff that "passes through" and use the "AdBlock Plus Pop Up Add on" menu to block the window content or an ad, for example, as it will ask you what you want to block and show you options (you can block the specific object or an entire domain, depending on the case and your desire).
What he said.

_________________
Bonsoir, friend.


~ Nobody's gril. ~
avatar
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : GTA Series, Cities: Skylines, Prison Architect, Borderlands series
Female Posts : 19210
Points : 1026481
Reputation : 2259
Join date : 2010-03-12
Age : 16
Location : Del Perro Heights

View user profile https://www.games4theworld.org

Back to top Go down

Re: Get rid of "non intrusive ads" using AdBlock Plus (Video Tutorial)!

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Fri 06 Feb 2015, 22:59

SvenT wrote:Thanks!

You can also right click the stuff that "passes through" and use the "AdBlock Plus Pop Up Add on" menu to block the window content or an ad, for example, as it will ask you what you want to block and show you options (you can block the specific object or an entire domain, depending on the case and your desire).

Have a great weekend! Hope to see you at our Minecraft server sometime soon!

Tea 1 Tea 1

King Admin wrote:
SvenT wrote:(...)
What he said.


That's not what I meant though. Those ads show up in a whole new browser window/tab. When your press CTRL + N in Chrome for example, a new browser window will open. And that's the thing that I am getting (sometimes). The ad opens in this new window. 

WhatDidUJustCallMe?  


//EDIT

Thanks for the suggestions though ! I guess I'll have to live with that, or make the best of it. I'm also using my older laptop for most of my internet activities, and this laptop has Windows XP on it. And maybe it also has to do with that... ? 

_________________



G4TW Forum rules // G4TW Forum FAQ // G4TW Downloads // G4TW on ThePiratebay

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4



Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!



avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14830
Points : 19692
Reputation : 2095
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : The Situation Room

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Get rid of "non intrusive ads" using AdBlock Plus (Video Tutorial)!

Post by Sim Architect on Sat 07 Feb 2015, 05:27

When you get a new window ad, you can right click anywhere in the new window and use the option "Block this Window". I never came to that issue, but that should fix it. Do you have the pop up blocker turned on, by the way? I don't even get pop ups from sites I want unless I enable them, so no pop ups with ads either. Maybe you need to look for malware running on your pc?

Tea 1 Tea 1

_________________
Kind regards!

The Sim Architect

It was nice being here. I will be away for a while...

avatar
Sim Architect
Entertainer
I'll make you smile
Entertainer I'll make you smile

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male Posts : 1853
Points : 4376
Reputation : 163
Join date : 2012-03-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Get rid of "non intrusive ads" using AdBlock Plus (Video Tutorial)!

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Wed 18 Feb 2015, 20:25

SvenT wrote:When you get a new window ad, you can right click anywhere in the new window and use the option "Block this Window". I never came to that issue, but that should fix it. Do you have the pop up blocker turned on, by the way? I don't even get pop ups from sites I want unless I enable them, so no pop ups with ads either. Maybe you need to look for malware running on your pc?

Tea 1 Tea 1


Sorry for the late reply Sven,


I managed to figure it out "somewhat"...it has to do with me using Windows XP for most of my internet activities (I mainly use my other machine with Windows 7 Ultimate for gaming only). So there seems to be a "hole" in Windows XP, regarding that issue, even if I use an AdBlocker (yes, I use AdBlock on Win XP). 

I don't get that issue on Windows 7 Ultimate. But thanks again for your replies and feedback ! Smile 

_________________



G4TW Forum rules // G4TW Forum FAQ // G4TW Downloads // G4TW on ThePiratebay

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4



Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!



avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14830
Points : 19692
Reputation : 2095
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : The Situation Room

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Get rid of "non intrusive ads" using AdBlock Plus (Video Tutorial)!

Post by Sim Architect on Fri 20 Feb 2015, 12:13

Carlos wrote:
SvenT wrote:When you get a new window ad, you can right click anywhere in the new window and use the option "Block this Window". I never came to that issue, but that should fix it. Do you have the pop up blocker turned on, by the way? I don't even get pop ups from sites I want unless I enable them, so no pop ups with ads either. Maybe you need to look for malware running on your pc?

Tea 1 Tea 1


Sorry for the late reply Sven,


I managed to figure it out "somewhat"...it has to do with me using Windows XP for most of my internet activities (I mainly use my other machine with Windows 7 Ultimate for gaming only). So there seems to be a "hole" in Windows XP, regarding that issue, even if I use an AdBlocker (yes, I use AdBlock on Win XP). 

I don't get that issue on Windows 7 Ultimate. But thanks again for your replies and feedback ! Smile 
Nice to know that was the reason. I don't even use Windows 7, since they came up with 8.1, so I don't even remember how it was to work on XP or Vista, ha ha ha. I am actually running Windows 10 right now, just to give you an idea Wink

I haven't been around much lately as well, don't worry, I sold some parts of my PC and I won't get my new machine until near the end of next month.

So, let's have some tea while we wait...

Tea 1 Tea 1

_________________
Kind regards!

The Sim Architect

It was nice being here. I will be away for a while...

avatar
Sim Architect
Entertainer
I'll make you smile
Entertainer I'll make you smile

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male Posts : 1853
Points : 4376
Reputation : 163
Join date : 2012-03-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Get rid of "non intrusive ads" using AdBlock Plus (Video Tutorial)!

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum