Getting G4TW Sims 4 to play nice with Origin

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Getting G4TW Sims 4 to play nice with Origin

Post by renzore101 on Wed 04 Feb 2015, 04:30

Hello again G4TW,

I have another quick question in relation to getting the G4TW edition of Sims 4 to work with Origin. First of all, I want to explain that I am trying to get this working for my gf, which plays occasionally. However, I have a legit version of BF4 and I routinely use Origin to play online. Currently, it appears that, in order for the DLC to work properly, I need to close out of origin for it to work on The Sims 4. I was just wondering if anyone has discovered any possible workarounds for this, instead of closing out of Origin every time for her to play it properly with no error messages. NOTE: I tried to turn off the Connect Online feature in the Sims 4 menu in-game, with no change. Thank you for any helpful insight!  Tea 5
renzore101
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Getting G4TW Sims 4 to play nice with Origin

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Wed 04 Feb 2015, 08:27

renzore101 wrote:Hello again G4TW,

I have another quick question in relation to getting the G4TW edition of Sims 4 to work with Origin. First of all, I want to explain that I am trying to get this working for my gf, which plays occasionally. However, I have a legit version of BF4 and I routinely use Origin to play online. Currently, it appears that, in order for the DLC to work properly, I need to close out of origin for it to work on The Sims 4. I was just wondering if anyone has discovered any possible workarounds for this, instead of closing out of Origin every time for her to play it properly with no error messages. NOTE: I tried to turn off the Connect Online feature in the Sims 4 menu in-game, with no change. Thank you for any helpful insight!  Tea 5

Simple and non-techy solution: try "assigning" specific times at which you guys want to play TS4 or BF4, so that you don't have to log in and out of Origin all the time. Meaning: right now, there is no workaround to this. In order for the DLC in TS4 to show up, you need to have Origin closed. 

Sorry. WhatDidUJustCallMe? 

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14333

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum