Cannot open setup for any Expansion. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Cannot open setup for any Expansion. [SOLVED]

Post by erela on Sat 07 Feb 2015, 10:49

I hate posting this issue because I've never encountered this problem and I've been downloading from you guys for years. But I ran into an issue. I installed the Sims 3 base game from the disk I had, since the game came out. It installed fine as usual. Then, I patched my game, and then was going to start downloading expansions & installing games as usual following the Sims 3 guide. However, I ran into an issue. I tried to open the Setup file (tried this with every expansion) and I kept getting the same error message:

I have never in all my life seen a message like this when trying to install sims 3. Which boggles my mind, because I had it installed on this same computer. So if someone could tell me how to fix this error, or if my downloads are just corrupt etc. please let me know what to do. If it helps, my laptop is Windows 8.1.
Thanks,
Erela

What he said.

erela
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 3, Red Dead Redemption, The Walking Dead, The Last Of Us, GTA Series
Female Posts : 66

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cannot open setup for any Expansion. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 07 Feb 2015, 10:55

erela wrote:I hate posting this issue because I've never encountered this problem and I've been downloading from you guys for years. But I ran into an issue. I installed the Sims 3 base game from the disk I had, since the game came out. It installed fine as usual. Then, I patched my game, and then was going to start downloading expansions & installing games as usual following the Sims 3 guide. However, I ran into an issue. I tried to open the Setup file (tried this with every expansion) and I kept getting the same error message:

I have never in all my life seen a message like this when trying to install sims 3. Which boggles my mind, because I had it installed on this computer same computer. So if someone could tell me how to fix this error, or if my downloads are just corrupt etc. please let me know what to do. If it helps, my laptop is Windows 8.1.
Thanks,
Erela

Hello erela,

Try using the program "WinRAR" for extracting the .RAR downloads of Games4TheWorld. Smile  You can get it from here:
http://games4theworld.org/downloads.html

You open the .RAR file with WinRAR, extract all contents of a .RAR, into an empty folder (!) and start the installation from this new folder. Note that you want to have separate folders for each .RAR file, so if you want to extract another .RAR in the future, make again another folder, extract the contents there, etc.

I myself only use this "7z"-opener, for files that have the file extension .7z, but for Games4TheWorld's .RAR downloads, ALWAYS use WinRAR only. Good luck ! 

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14475

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by erela on Sat 07 Feb 2015, 11:02

OK Carlos, doing that right now! Thanks! (Also didn't realize you were supposed extract everything, oops!) Will get back to you in a couple minutes to let you know if the error is gone. I had WinRAR downloaded, but I didn't think I would need it since my computer comes with a semi "built in winRAR". Razz

EDIT//
Yep, I thought this was a silly issue! Thank you so much Carlos, it's working fine now. Very Happy I'll just use WinRAR from now on.

What he said.

erela
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 3, Red Dead Redemption, The Walking Dead, The Last Of Us, GTA Series
Female Posts : 66

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 07 Feb 2015, 11:12

erela wrote:OK Carlos, doing that right now! Thanks! (Also didn't realize you were supposed extract everything, oops!) Will get back to you in a couple minutes to let you know if the error is gone. I had WinRAR downloaded, but I didn't think I would need it since my computer comes with a semi "built in winRAR". Razz

EDIT//
Yep, I thought this was a silly issue! Thank you so much Carlos, it's working fine now. Very Happy I'll just use WinRAR from now on.

You're very welcome. Smile  I consider the issue solved, hence I will close th thread. If you have anything else, feel free to open a new thread, anytime.

P.S. I guess your "built-in" WinRAR is only a trial version. If so, you can un-install that, and use the cracked one from Games4TheWorld. Wink 

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14475

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum