Sims 3 store fix.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 store fix.

Post by sylvantos on Thu 12 Feb 2015, 17:58

I might be posting in the wrong place and if i am, i am really sorry.

I have downloaded the store fix from 2014, not installed it yet, because before i do that , I would like to know, is it possible to download everything from here from 2009->2014 and use the latest store fix? 
also if i was to download all the store content, would it take considerable resources to have those items ingame? what i mean is, i have downloaded all the expansions and stuffs, and then downloaded the limited edition things, and then downloaded all the neighbourhoods. Would downloading all the store items have a huge negative impact on my game? I only run with 6GB of memory at the moment lol

sylvantos
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 3 store fix.

Post by Adwomin on Thu 12 Feb 2015, 21:07

Hello,

First of all 6GB RAM is more than enough for most modern games, including The Sims 3. The game is 32bit anyway, so it can't utilize more than 4GB of RAM. (Unless you use a little trick, described in step 7: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t857-the-sims-3-crashes-freezes-to-desktop-fix-updated-on-30-01-2015 )

You can download as many Store items as you want, some of them will need the "Store Fixes", most don't. (Usually Premium Items need the Store Fixes)
Note that having lots of items, and lots of expansion packs can slow down the game, or slow down loading speeds. It's hard to tell how much you can add before it starts getting annoying, because that really depends on your system configuration. Just experiment with how much you can add, and you'll find out for yourself!

~ Nobody's gril. ~

Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : GTA Series, Cities: Skylines, Prison Architect, Borderlands series
Female Posts : 19214

View user profile https://www.games4theworld.org

Back to top Go down

Post by sylvantos on Thu 12 Feb 2015, 21:42

hello, thanks for your quick reply, at the moment i am just installing all the store items from 2009. I assumed that as soon as i downloaded all the files, i just apply the store fix by clicking on them in the correct directory? Smile

sylvantos
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Thu 12 Feb 2015, 21:48

@sylvantos wrote:hello, thanks for your quick reply, at the moment i am just installing all the store items from 2009. I assumed that as soon as i downloaded all the files, i just apply the store fix by clicking on them in the correct directory? Smile

Read this guide, to learn how to install files with the .package file format. Smile
http://www.games4theworlddownloads.org/Downloads/Guides/How_to_install_.package_files.pdf

//EDIT

Moved to the right section.

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN ModeratorInspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, GTA IV, S.W.A.T. 4, Titanfall, Counter-Strike, Hitman: Absolution, Borderlands, Fallout 3 & New Vegas, Dishonored, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth.
Male Posts : 12316

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum