Can I just add items??

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Can I just add items??

Post by JerbearBlackwood on Sun 15 Feb 2015, 17:04

Alright, I hope I'm doing this in the right place. Brand new to this site. If I didn't put this in the right place. please forgive me.

First off I'd like to say you guys are awesome. You guys are the only ones with awesome copies of TS3 with n viruses. I downloaded one from another place....and it made me get the blue screen of death. You guys do an awesome job. Loves y'all lots.

With that said I just have a question. So I have the base game and Into the Future. I really want to get into building homes, but the items I like and want are in other expansions of the game. Is there any way to get the items from a game like Supernatural without installing the expansion. I don't want the town, just the items and patterns from it. I'm willing to download the expansion, but is there a file containing the content that I can copy and paste into my base game so I have just the items. Like I said I really want to make beautiful homes, but, I like items and content from other expansions. I looked through all my folder I have for the games and couldn't find anything. I do not want to custom content though. Everything I ended up reading ended up about custom content. I love the content in the games, and just want that. Please please help me.

And if I do have to install the expansions, how do I do it. When I installed before it said make sure all expansions you want are installed first before doing the crack. Can I do an expansion after that if I do need/decide to add an expansion.

JerbearBlackwood
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 11
Points : 994
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2015-02-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Can I just add items??

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sun 15 Feb 2015, 17:21

JerbearBlackwood wrote:Alright, I hope I'm doing this in the right place. Brand new to this site. If I didn't put this in the right place. please forgive me.

First off I'd like to say you guys are awesome. You guys are the only ones with awesome copies of TS3 with n viruses. I downloaded one from another place....and it made me get the blue screen of death. You guys do an awesome job. Loves y'all lots.

With that said I just have a question. So I have the base game and Into the Future. I really want to get into building homes, but the items I like and want are in other expansions of the game. Is there any way to get the items from a game like Supernatural without installing the expansion. I don't want the town, just the items and patterns from it. I'm willing to download the expansion, but is there a file containing the content that I can copy and paste into my base game so I have just the items. Like I said I really want to make beautiful homes, but, I like items and content from other expansions. I looked through all my folder I have for the games and couldn't find anything. I do not want to custom content though. Everything I ended up reading ended up about custom content. I love the content in the games, and just want that. Please please help me.

And if I do have to install the expansions, how do I do it. When I installed before it said make sure all expansions you want are installed first before doing the crack. Can I do an expansion after that if I do need/decide to add an expansion.


Hello and welcome JerbearBlackwood,


No, by "default", there is no way to have only the items. Some people asked in the past about similar things, but in the "normal" way, there is no possibility for that. Theoretically we could try looking into the game files with programs like "s3pe" (Sims 3 Package Editor), and see if we can "extract" only the items.

However, it just wouldn't be worth the effort, since these requests for separate items are very rare. And besides, we don't know about any unwanted consequences of using these items, when "isolated" from the actual expansion.

Why would you want "only" the items anyway ? If your computer is strong enough, then just install the whole expansion. Smile 

_________________
Respectfully,

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper



avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14433
Points : 19156
Reputation : 2037
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : The Situation Room

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Can I just add items??

Post by JerbearBlackwood on Mon 16 Feb 2015, 00:56

Alright, well how do I add expansions now with the new crack. Like I said before it said to ad all the expansions I want before I o the crack. Can I add the expansions now?

The reason I wanted only the items is a space issue on my laptop. I didn't want to take up too much space adding 3 or 4 expansions onto my laptop.

JerbearBlackwood
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 11
Points : 994
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2015-02-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Can I just add items??

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Mon 16 Feb 2015, 01:16

JerbearBlackwood wrote:Alright, well how do I add expansions now with the new crack. Like I said before it said to ad all the expansions I want before I o the crack. Can I add the expansions now?

The reason I wanted only the items is a space issue on my laptop. I didn't want to take up too much space adding 3 or 4 expansions onto my laptop.


Yes, install the expansion. And then apply the "Ultimate fix" (again). See aldo this guide here:
http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

How much free space do you have on your laptop ?

_________________
Respectfully,

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper



avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14433
Points : 19156
Reputation : 2037
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : The Situation Room

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Can I just add items??

Post by JerbearBlackwood on Mon 16 Feb 2015, 01:20

Okay awesome. It says I have 74 free of 185 on my C/: drive. I really need an external hard drive. lol. If I do the Ultimate fix again will my saved game still be...well....saved?

JerbearBlackwood
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 11
Points : 994
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2015-02-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Can I just add items??

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Mon 16 Feb 2015, 19:49

JerbearBlackwood wrote:Okay awesome. It says I have 74 free of 185 on my C/: drive. I really need an external hard drive. lol. If I do the Ultimate fix again will my saved game still be...well....saved?


The "Ultimate fix" is basically only needed to get the game running. Filespace issues are something totally different. Do you intend to install other games on your C: drive ? Are you intending to install tons of mods, store items or custom content for Sims 3 ? If so, then it might become an issue, sooner or later.

But I guess in your case, 74GB should be enough - for now. My own "The Sims 3" folder, where all my saves, mods, CC & store items are saved (located in Documents/Electronic Arts) has over 15 (fifteeen) GB, because I have tons of stuff. But again, most people will have a smaller folder-size than me.


The Sims Plumbob 1

_________________
Respectfully,

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper



avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14433
Points : 19156
Reputation : 2037
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : The Situation Room

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum