Quick Question!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Quick Question!

Post by rachaelsimmer on Thu 19 Feb 2015, 23:11

Just a quick question, just wanted to clear up some space on my computer and found that the winrar files are huge and was just wondering if it's safe to delete them? 

//EDIT

rachaelsimmer
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Quick Question!

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Fri 20 Feb 2015, 01:27

@rachaelsimmer wrote:Just a quick question, just wanted to clear up some space on my computer and found that the winrar files are huge and was just wondering if it's safe to delete them? 

//EDIT

Hello rachaelsimmer and welcome,

Theoretically, you can delete those .RAR files straight away, but personally, I recommend you copy them to a safe place, if possible, like an external hard-drive, or a USB stick. If you have such a backup, you can re-install those games in the event you e.g. need to re-install your Windows system or format your computer. Without having to re-download them. 

After you backed up the stuff, you can delete the original files.

Hope this helps ! Smile 
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14085

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum