SIMS 4 Crashes After A Few Saves

View previous topic View next topic Go down

SIMS 4 Crashes After A Few Saves

Post by anikadanielle on Tue 24 Feb 2015, 02:36

So, I'm back with another problem again. Sad

I've been playing Sims 4 for about a week now and game has been working smoothly except for a few crashes in between, prolly because I played the game for too long without saving it on a particular time frame. However, I noticed yesterday that my game crashed too often, only after I saved twice. I made a point to save it often with little game time in between, but it still crashed after 3 saves max.

Any ideas what could be wrong?

Thanks.

anikadanielle
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows XP

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Sims 3, Virtual Villagers
Female Posts : 35

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SIMS 4 Crashes After A Few Saves

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Fri 27 Feb 2015, 20:49

@anikadanielle wrote:So, I'm back with another problem again. Sad

I've been playing Sims 4 for about a week now and game has been working smoothly except for a few crashes in between, prolly because I played the game for too long without saving it on a particular time frame. However, I noticed yesterday that my game crashed too often, only after I saved twice. I made a point to save it often with little game time in between, but it still crashed after 3 saves max.

Any ideas what could be wrong?

Thanks.

How about a workaround: what happens if you only save - let's say - twice and then exit the game for a while ? Also, try the option "Save as..." and select a new name for the save. Next time, you can use again "Save" (you don't have to use "Save as" from then on, again).

Note that if you exit the game after using "Save as", you must select the save with the new name, next time you play. Good luck !
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14068

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by anikadanielle on Sat 28 Feb 2015, 02:29

Thanks Carlos.

I will try this today.

//EDIT

Hi, 

Just an update on this.

This worked for a while, but it went back to crashing every two saves once again. 

Any more ideas?

anikadanielle
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows XP

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 21 Mar 2015, 15:20

@anikadanielle wrote:Thanks Carlos.

I will try this today.

//EDIT

Hi, 

Just an update on this.

This worked for a while, but it went back to crashing every two saves once again. 

Any more ideas?

Do you know how to add files to the DEP exclusions in Windows XP ? (I recall you saying you had Windows XP) 

I think in the Control Panel, under "System". Go to the "Advanced"-tab and under Performance click the "Settings"-button. Under Data Execution Prevention, mark the second option (I think it's called "enable data execution prevention for all programs except those that I choose below"). And there you add the TS4.exe from the base game location.

Confirm the changes by clicking on "Apply" at the end. See if it even lets you add that file to the DEP exclusions though. good luck again !
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by anikadanielle on Sat 21 Mar 2015, 16:19

Hi,

I have Windows 7 now. I looked up how to add DEP exclusions for Windows 7 and tried to add TS4 there, but it says it has to run with DEP enabled.

Thanks,

anikadanielle
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows XP

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sun 22 Mar 2015, 00:42

@anikadanielle wrote:Hi,

I have Windows 7 now. I looked up how to add DEP exclusions for Windows 7 and tried to add TS4 there, but it says it has to run with DEP enabled.

Thanks,

Look at this thread here, and my suggestion at the ned on how to de-activate DEP completely on Windows 7:
http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t19342-gallery-problem-solved

After you typed in the command, re-boot the computer for the changes to take effect. And then play on the game and see if you notice any improvements. Good luck !
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by anikadanielle on Sun 22 Mar 2015, 03:35

Hi,

Just to check, will disabling DEP affect any important aspect of a PC? I'm asking beforehand since I use this PC for other purposes other than gaming.

Thanks,

//EDIT

I decided to go ahead and try this solution, but I'm sorry to say this didn't work for me either. Sad

anikadanielle
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows XP

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Tue 24 Mar 2015, 00:49

Just to check, will disabling DEP affect any important aspect of a PC? I'm asking beforehand since I use this PC for other purposes other than gaming.

Thanks,

//EDIT

I decided to go ahead and try this solution, but I'm sorry to say this didn't work for me either. Sad

I honestly don't know what may be going on in your computer. I myself got maybe 2 random crashes in over 150 hours of gameplay so far. And no, de-activating the DEP as shown in the other thread I linked to should not do any harm. This whole DEP issue is by itself not very useful.

Also, ry renaming the folder "The Sims 4", located in My Documents/Electronic Arts. When you re-start the game next time, make a new save with a new sim, and play on. See if your game crashes again after a while.

Also, exit the game after a few saves, and later on continue playing. Don't save too often in one playing session.
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by anikadanielle on Wed 25 Mar 2015, 05:47

Hi,

I ended up starting a whole new game because my previous save got corrupted. So far, game is running smoothly. I'm currently using Save As... as well as cutting up my game session.

Thanks.

anikadanielle
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows XP

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Wed 25 Mar 2015, 23:52

I ended up starting a whole new game because my previous save got corrupted. So far, game is running smoothly. I'm currently using Save As... as well as cutting up my game session.

Thanks.

It's OK - keep us posted here if you like ! I'll leave the thread open for now. Smile 

P.S. make sure to backup your savefiles regularly, to a safe place too !
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum