The Sims 4 and Windows 10. Anyone else tried it

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 4 and Windows 10. Anyone else tried it

Post by midnightrosexs on Wed 25 Feb 2015, 14:11

Currently testing out Windows 10, and decided to see how The Sims 4 ran on it due to a lot of my games running a lot smoother on 10 than 8.1. Would be nice to hear other peoples experience

midnightrosexs
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims (1/2/3), Wow
Female Posts : 3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sims 4 and Windows 10. Anyone else tried it

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Fri 27 Feb 2015, 01:40

@midnightrosexs wrote:Currently testing out Windows 10, and decided to see how The Sims 4 ran on it due to a lot of my games running a lot smoother on 10 than 8.1. Would be nice to hear other peoples experience

Hello and welcome to the forum,

Haven't had any experiences yet, but I hope Windows 10 will be similar to Windows 7 ! After the crappy Windows 8, it's time again for a better OS. But generally, Windows 10 is still in public beta stage, hence it will still have lots of bugs. But if your games are already (!) running smoother than on Windows 8, then I'm really curious about Windows 10 later this year.

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN ModeratorInspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, GTA IV, S.W.A.T. 4, Titanfall, Counter-Strike, Hitman: Absolution, Borderlands, Fallout 3 & New Vegas, Dishonored, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth.
Male Posts : 12273

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect on Fri 27 Feb 2015, 20:41

I just did it! Playing the Sims 4 for the first time EVER on Windows 10 x64 and on a low end old laptop with just 2GB of RAM (and part of it being used by the video card, that's an ATI HD 4250 with just 256MB)! It works faster than Firefox!!!

Ah, and I am running DXtory encoding on x264 at same time to capture the video on HD (720p)!!!

The Sim Architect

It was nice being here. I will be away for a while...

Sim Architect
(A) Child of God (A)
(A) Child of God (A)

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male Posts : 1853

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DreamingSimmerGirl on Thu 30 Jul 2015, 02:51

My laptop updated to windows 10 today. it seems cool so far havent played the sims 4 yet but will definitely try to see how its works now

All Hail Carlos!

DreamingSimmerGirl
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 4. Tekken 6.
Female Posts : 4

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect on Fri 31 Jul 2015, 03:40

Please, let's know how you feel about it. I wish I can make a video tutorial installing the game on my Windows 10 set up soon, but I am way more into MineCraft at G4TW lately!!!

Tea 3 Tea 3

The Sim Architect

Sim Architect
(A) Child of God (A)
(A) Child of God (A)

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

It works reaaaally well

Post by lun4r4 on Wed 12 Aug 2015, 20:38

I like it a lot, it doesn't crash or run slow even with setting it high!! and I have a looot of cc..

lun4r4
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by salty on Thu 13 Aug 2015, 11:26

hi folks
I upgraded to windows 10 yesterday and after about 4-5 hours upgrading can definally say i like it
Ive played minecraft and the sims4 on it and without any glitches and not having to reinstall anything yet.
The games seem to run faster and without any glitches but only time will tell
but what i have seen with windows 10 is good but alot off people complaining about it with problems etc but my install went really well as i to have a oldest pc so was doubtful and have always thought if its not broken dont fix it but on this occasion i wasnt missing out on this update and so glad i did
love the apps part off windows 10 and good to have it all in one place ie for checking emails etc and can even link xbox live to it so yeah all i can say is

IM IMPRESSED

salty
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : sims4,minecraft,gmod,fnaf
Male Posts : 6

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect on Thu 13 Aug 2015, 16:53

Great to know you are having a nice experience so far! I am finding out some users that upgraded (not a clean install) are facing issues with Windows 10. I installed it from scratch and it would perform better on Windows 10 than it did on Windows 8.1 (I skipped Windows 8, since it had awful issues with the interface) or previous versions, yay!!!

The Sim Architect

Sim Architect
(A) Child of God (A)
(A) Child of God (A)

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anarchy on Thu 13 Aug 2015, 20:10

@Sim Architect wrote:Great to know you are having a nice experience so far! I am finding out some users that upgraded (not a clean install) are facing issues with Windows 10. I installed it from scratch and it would perform better on Windows 10 than it did on Windows 8.1 (I skipped Windows 8, since it had awful issues with the interface) or previous versions, yay!!!

Me as well, but not for all games. Payday 2 runs worse, and Terraria and Minecraft both take very long to start up on Windows 10 for some reason.

Anarchy
Posting Lord
Posting Lord

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Need For Speed series

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect on Fri 14 Aug 2015, 02:01

That is sad, Anarchy. Did you upgrade or did you perform a clean install? Lady ElDi fixed her computer by changing her video settings (her PC was set to use the built in APU instead of the GPU and she could not play at all, maybe it is happening to people in general?). Try to look at your video settings (the specific menu from your video card manufacturer or Intel/AMD manager when you right click the desktop) and also your power settings, even if you are running a desktop and not a laptop, since MS makes the computers run slower and "save energy", I always change everything back to the maximum performance possible (when plugged in) and I only save energy if I am running unplugged on batteries, for obvious reasons (I actually work with my laptop without the battery in, so it does not get messed up, and I only plug the batteries once a month to recharge), as it's my desktop replacement.

Since I use a laptop, I am ok about power consumption, as it is very power saving even at maximum speeds!!!

Tea 3 Tea 3 Tea 3 Tea 3 Tea 3 Tea 3

The Sim Architect

Sim Architect
(A) Child of God (A)
(A) Child of God (A)

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooddragon1365 on Fri 04 Sep 2015, 10:26

The Sims 4 base and Expansion pack "Get to work", run fine on Windows 10.  However, I have yet to find anyone running windows 10 that has installed "The Ultimate Fix".  I installed it, and my game wouldn't start.  So, I almost had to become a programmer, to get the base working again.

//Mod Edit (Sim Architect): Old topic, this post just made a statement, topic closed. If you have any problems and need some kind of assistance, be welcome to open a new topic or, if you want to comment about the issues of the game on Windows 10 (or any other operating system etc), be welcome to open a new topic at the "chit-chat" session. Thanks!

Wooddragon1365
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum