Downloading content from the Gallery. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Downloading content from the Gallery. [SOLVED]

Post by Beebler on Fri 27 Feb 2015, 16:01

Hello,

Today I have installed your newest ultimate fix for the sims 4, including all the extra content (outdoor retreat,...,).
I have also succesfully followed your guide in order to make use of the Gallery System. I am succesfully logged in with origin and I can Access the gallery, but I cannot download anything from the community. It says: "Cannot place lot/household in this gamemode. Any help on this is appreciated.

Thanks in advance. Smile

PS: for some reasons, I cannot take screenshots in the gallery, my screenshots are just plain white.


Last edited by Beebler on Sat 28 Feb 2015, 09:53; edited 1 time in total

Beebler
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 3
Points : 971
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2015-02-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Downloading content from the Gallery. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Fri 27 Feb 2015, 20:41

Beebler wrote:Hello,

Today I have installed your newest ultimate fix for the sims 4, including all the custom content (outdoor retreat,...,).
I have also succesfully followed your guide in order to make use of the Gallery System. I am succesfully logged in with origin and I can Access the gallery, but I cannot download anything from the community. It says: "Cannot place lot/household in this gamemode. Any help on this is appreciated.

Thanks in advance. Smile

PS: for some reasons, I cannot take screenshots in the gallery, my screenshots are just plain white.


Hello Beebler and welcome to the forum,


AFTER you downloaded things from the gallery, did you make sure to exit the game temporarily ? And did you also make sure to completely close Origin before re-starting the game ?

_________________
Respectfully,

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper



avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14433
Points : 19157
Reputation : 2037
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : The Situation Room

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Downloading content from the Gallery. [SOLVED]

Post by Beebler on Fri 27 Feb 2015, 23:38

Carlos wrote:
Beebler wrote:Hello,

Today I have installed your newest ultimate fix for the sims 4, including all the custom content (outdoor retreat,...,).
I have also succesfully followed your guide in order to make use of the Gallery System. I am succesfully logged in with origin and I can Access the gallery, but I cannot download anything from the community. It says: "Cannot place lot/household in this gamemode. Any help on this is appreciated.

Thanks in advance. Smile

PS: for some reasons, I cannot take screenshots in the gallery, my screenshots are just plain white.


Hello Beebler and welcome to the forum,


AFTER you downloaded things from the gallery, did you make sure to exit the game temporarily ? And did you also make sure to completely close Origin before re-starting the game ?

Hello,

The point is that I cannot download anything from the gallery. The "download" button is whitened out/ I cannot press it. (I believe it's the button on the lower right corner).
However, i've been able to take a screenshot this time. 

EDIT: I also cannot press the button if I want to download a CC that does not need any expansions installed.

Beebler
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 3
Points : 971
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2015-02-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Downloading content from the Gallery. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Tue 03 Mar 2015, 02:03

Beebler wrote:Hello,

The point is that I cannot download anything from the gallery. The "download" button is whitened out/ I cannot press it. (I believe it's the button on the lower right corner).
However, i've been able to take a screenshot this time. 

EDIT: I also cannot press the button if I want to download a CC that does not need any expansions installed.


Could you please try and click on the button in the bottom left corner that says "Save to library" ? Smile  That should (normally) save your stuff to the library. After downloading everything you want, close the game, log out of Origin and then also completely close Origin.

Then re-start the game, load a savegame and then press F4. Go to the tab called "my library" and then you should be able to place a sim or lot. Good luck !


(You cannot place lots or sims while in the main menu of the game).

_________________
Respectfully,

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper



avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14433
Points : 19157
Reputation : 2037
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : The Situation Room

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Downloading content from the Gallery. [SOLVED]

Post by Beebler on Tue 03 Mar 2015, 13:24

Carlos wrote:
Beebler wrote:Hello,

The point is that I cannot download anything from the gallery. The "download" button is whitened out/ I cannot press it. (I believe it's the button on the lower right corner).
However, i've been able to take a screenshot this time. 

EDIT: I also cannot press the button if I want to download a CC that does not need any expansions installed.


Could you please try and click on the button in the bottom left corner that says "Save to library" ? Smile  That should (normally) save your stuff to the library. After downloading everything you want, close the game, log out of Origin and then also completely close Origin.

Then re-start the game, load a savegame and then press F4. Go to the tab called "my library" and then you should be able to place a sim or lot. Good luck !


(You cannot place lots or sims while in the main menu of the game).

This worked, thanks a lot for your help! Smile



Mod edit: problem solved, topic closed. Have fun, and feel free to open a new thread anytime again !

- Carlos

Beebler
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 3
Points : 971
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2015-02-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum