Sims disapear

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims disapear

Post by Reti on Sat 28 Feb 2015, 17:43

Good afternoon,

Thanks for the downloads. 

I have the Sims 3 base game and some expansions (pets, university, seasons, generations, island paradise, ambitions suite stuff) All of them except for the base game were downloaded here (the base game is original) I havent got any mods and I have never intalled them. 

Everything has been working fine until now. After I installed island paradise some months ago, I realised the game was slightly slower in the island paradise neighbourhood, so I just stopped using that neighbourhood. But, couple weeks ago, I started the game with my go-to family in Moonlight Falls and suddenly the sims had disapeared. I mean, they are in the house, I can see them interacting, but their photos and controls have disareared, so I cant do anything with them. The games goes on at a normal speed, sound is ok, no other problems apparently. If I go to other families, some of them are normal and some have loose some of their members (the photo of the sim is all blue).

I have been trying several things, like making copies of the neighborhood and moving the family to a different house, but it doesnt seem to work. I also re downloaded the ultimate fix and reaplied all the steps. I have also unistalled the last two expansions (island paradise and ambitions) but still isnt working.

Can you help me??

Thank you very much in advance!

Reti
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims disapear

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 28 Feb 2015, 18:20

@Reti wrote:Good afternoon,

Thanks for the downloads. 

I have the Sims 3 base game and some expansions (pets, university, seasons, generations, island paradise, ambitions suite stuff) All of them except for the base game were downloaded here (the base game is original) I havent got any mods and I have never intalled them. 

Everything has been working fine until now. After I installed island paradise some months ago, I realised the game was slightly slower in the island paradise neighbourhood, so I just stopped using that neighbourhood. But, couple weeks ago, I started the game with my go-to family in Moonlight Falls and suddenly the sims had disapeared. I mean, they are in the house, I can see them interacting, but their photos and controls have disareared, so I cant do anything with them. The games goes on at a normal speed, sound is ok, no other problems apparently. If I go to other families, some of them are normal and some have loose some of their members (the photo of the sim is all blue).

I have been trying several things, like making copies of the neighborhood and moving the family to a different house, but it doesnt seem to work. I also re downloaded the ultimate fix and reaplied all the steps. I have also unistalled the last two expansions (island paradise and ambitions) but still isnt working.

Can you help me??

Thank you very much in advance!

Hello Reti and welcome,

Are you familiar with using cheats in Sims 3 ? At first, press CTRL + SHIFT + C to open up the cheat console. Then press testingcheatsenabled true and hit enter. Open the cheat console again, and this time type resetsim * and hit enter. Note that the symbol after resetsim is a star/asterisk. Type the asterisk in as it is. 

Normally, this should reset all sims in your neighborhood. And it may take a while until the reset is finished. Good luck !

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN ModeratorInspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, GTA IV, S.W.A.T. 4, Titanfall, Counter-Strike, Hitman: Absolution, Borderlands, Fallout 3 & New Vegas, Dishonored, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth.
Male Posts : 12274

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Reti on Sun 01 Mar 2015, 16:26

Thank you very much!! I think your idea solved the problem.

Reti
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sun 01 Mar 2015, 21:56

@Reti wrote:Thank you very much!! I think your idea solved the problem.

OK, so you managed to reset your sims...can you see them now ? Smile  Can they interact with other sims and objects ? And if so, can I help you with anything else ?

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, GTA IV, S.W.A.T. 4, Titanfall, Counter-Strike, Hitman: Absolution, Borderlands, Fallout 3 & New Vegas, Dishonored, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Reti on Tue 03 Mar 2015, 17:08

Carlos wrote:
@Reti wrote:Thank you very much!! I think your idea solved the problem.

OK, so you managed to reset your sims...can you see them now ? Smile  Can they interact with other sims and objects ? And if so, can I help you with anything else ?

I did what you told me...and nothing happened for a while, then I decided to go back to the neighbourhood edition and I when I went back to the family the sims were back! 
I am not entirely sure if the problem is solved, because I tried to adopt a cat, but though the sim for the adoption center came to the house and a new "sim" appered in the family, the cat never actually appeared (the square with his face is green) and the sim from the adoption center stayed there waiting forever, until I reset the sims again, then she disapeared. I dont know if I make any sense!
Anyways, at least now I know that whenever that happens I can reset the sims.

Reti
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Wed 04 Mar 2015, 04:58

@Reti wrote:
I did what you told me...and nothing happened for a while, then I decided to go back to the neighbourhood edition and I when I went back to the family the sims were back! 
I am not entirely sure if the problem is solved, because I tried to adopt a cat, but though the sim for the adoption center came to the house and a new "sim" appered in the family, the cat never actually appeared (the square with his face is green) and the sim from the adoption center stayed there waiting forever, until I reset the sims again, then she disapeared. I dont know if I make any sense!

Can you go to My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3, and delete the following stuff ? 

-CASPartCache.package
-compositorCache.package
-scriptCache.package
-simCompositorCache.package
-socialCache.package
-plus the contents of the folders "WorldCaches" & "Thumbnails"

Re-start the game then and see if anything improved. Good luck again and keep us posted. Smile 

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Reti on Sat 07 Mar 2015, 16:13

Carlos wrote:
@Reti wrote:

Can you go to My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3, and delete the following stuff ? 

-CASPartCache.package
-compositorCache.package
-scriptCache.package
-simCompositorCache.package
-socialCache.package
-plus the contents of the folders "WorldCaches" & "Thumbnails"

Re-start the game then and see if anything improved. Good luck again and keep us posted. Smile 

I deleted all those things except for the ones in the folder "WorlCaches", basically because I couldn´t find that folder in my computer, not at least at My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3. The folder Thumbnails it is in there and I deleted the content.

Reti
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 07 Mar 2015, 19:36

@Reti wrote:
I deleted all those things except for the ones in the folder "WorlCaches", basically because I couldn´t find that folder in my computer, not at least at My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3. The folder Thumbnails it is in there and I deleted the content.

OK, so you did that, and now ? Smile  Did anything improve in your game ? 

You can also save your sims family into the "bin" (in edit town-mode) and then make a new savegame. After that, put the sims family from the bin, into that new savegame. Good luck again !

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum