Error whilst trying to open the game

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Error whilst trying to open the game

Post by sillybam on Mon 02 Mar 2015, 20:43

Hi. So I have a problem to open my game and can't seem to find a smiliar problem. 

I have a MacBook Air and I have previously installed 3 games on origin, that I've bought before. I have then installed a few expansions pack from here a while ago and they have worked perfectly. Then today I decided to download Seasons and that too worked perfectly (the loading pages were a bit slow but it still worked). I then installed a few other expansion and now I get an error message saying 'Unable to start game. Service initialzation failed (0x024e424f)'
I then click okay and get another message saying 'Unhandled exception 0x80000003 at adress 0x0058dbf6. Do you wish to debug it?' I've tried clicking both yes and no and still nothing.

When the launcher opens, all the expansions that I've installed doesn't show up in those little icons things in the bottom (those who lights up when you have an expansion installed). The lastest one is Town Life stuff, although the big icon is Island Paradise. It says I have Version 19.0.101.024001

I have installed a few houses from Modthesims, could that have something to do with it and if so, what do I do?

Please help!

sillybam
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Error whilst trying to open the game

Post by Phoebe on Sat 14 Mar 2015, 18:03

Hello,

It could be the houses you downloaded. So let's see if they are causing the problem. Just go to your Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 folder. And rename the Sims 3 folder anything you like (for example Sims 3.) 

Then start the game to check if the problem still continues. Please try this problem and let me know the result.

Good luck!  The Sims Plumbob 1

Taking care of the Forum
Forum Moderatrix Taking care of the Forum

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims series, Elder Scrolls Skyrim, The Walking Dead, Sacred I-II, Fables,Vampire Masquerade Bloodlines, Civilization, Don't Starve, Popmundo
Female Posts : 783

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum