Store Content and invisible body. Help.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Store Content and invisible body. Help.

Post by naelyn on Tue 03 Mar 2015, 12:14

Edited**
I recently installed all your store content (thank you btw.) And a few of the female clothing options make my sims body invisible; just the body the head is floating and shoes are there. It's just about two or three items in CAS that do is and it's kind of annoying me.


Last edited by naelyn on Wed 04 Mar 2015, 05:12; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Message didn't go through.)

naelyn
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 3
Points : 644
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2015-03-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Store Content and invisible body. Help.

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Wed 04 Mar 2015, 05:01

@naelyn wrote:d


Hello and welcome to the forum,


Can you re-write your message ? Smile  You may have accidentally deleted most of it, when clicking on "Send post". Anyhow, if you are having issues with invisible sims-bodies, it's usually related to third-party custom content (stuff made by hobby modders, and NOT by EA). Store content (usually) does not cause these things.

Do you have such third-party custom content items ? 

_________________
Regards, The_gh0stm4n




The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN ModeratorInspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, GTA IV, S.W.A.T. 4, Titanfall, Counter-Strike, Hitman: Absolution, Borderlands, Fallout 3 & New Vegas, Dishonored, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth.
Male Posts : 12274
Points : 16199
Reputation : 1697
Join date : 2012-11-02
Age : 29
Location : The Situation Room

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Store Content and invisible body. Help.

Post by naelyn on Wed 04 Mar 2015, 05:15

Whoops. Not sure what happened there. 
Thank you for replying the only third party I use is overwatch Nraas, Ladyfrontbum skins and Oh my default eyes. I use all sims 3 pack and your fixes but the disembodied head baffles me.

naelyn
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 3
Points : 644
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2015-03-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Store Content and invisible body. Help.

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Wed 04 Mar 2015, 05:18

@naelyn wrote:Whoops. Not sure what happened there. 
Thank you for replying the only third party I use is overwatch Nraas, Ladyfrontbum skins and Oh my default eyes. I use all sims 3 pack and your fixes but the disembodied head baffles me.


Do you get that on ALL your sims or on a particular one only ? And where exactly does that happen - only in CAS or in "live mode" too ? When did that "glitch" happen exactly ? Moreover, try deleting the cache files in Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3:


-CASPartCache.package
-compositorCache.package
-scriptCache.package
-simCompositorCache.package
-socialCache.package
-plus the contents of the folders "WorldCaches" & "Thumbnails"



Re-start the game then and see if anything improved. Good luck again !

_________________
Regards, The_gh0stm4n




The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN ModeratorInspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, GTA IV, S.W.A.T. 4, Titanfall, Counter-Strike, Hitman: Absolution, Borderlands, Fallout 3 & New Vegas, Dishonored, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth.
Male Posts : 12274
Points : 16199
Reputation : 1697
Join date : 2012-11-02
Age : 29
Location : The Situation Room

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Store Content and invisible body. Help.

Post by naelyn on Thu 05 Mar 2015, 07:05

Carlos wrote:

Do you get that on ALL your sims or on a particular one only ? And where exactly does that happen - only in CAS or in "live mode" too ? When did that "glitch" happen exactly ? Moreover, try deleting the cache files in Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3:


-CASPartCache.package
-compositorCache.package
-scriptCache.package
-simCompositorCache.package
-socialCache.package
-plus the contents of the folders "WorldCaches" & "Thumbnails"



Re-start the game then and see if anything improved. Good luck again !
It's all sims. If I try to have wear one of the outfits in live mode, they will revert back to what they were wearing before.
I tried deleting the Cache files and still the head remains floating.

naelyn
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 3
Points : 644
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2015-03-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Store Content and invisible body. Help.

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 07 Mar 2015, 19:38

@naelyn wrote:It's all sims. If I try to have wear one of the outfits in live mode, they will revert back to what they were wearing before.
I tried deleting the Cache files and still the head remains floating.


Try going into "edit town"-mode and save your sim family into the bin. Then make a new save game (in a new town if you like) and put your sim family from the bin there. Now see if the glitch still persists. 

_________________
Regards, The_gh0stm4n




The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN ModeratorInspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, GTA IV, S.W.A.T. 4, Titanfall, Counter-Strike, Hitman: Absolution, Borderlands, Fallout 3 & New Vegas, Dishonored, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth.
Male Posts : 12274
Points : 16199
Reputation : 1697
Join date : 2012-11-02
Age : 29
Location : The Situation Room

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum