high end loft and outdoor living

View previous topic View next topic Go down

high end loft and outdoor living

Post by Reti on Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:25 am

Good afternoon!

I recently downloaded Outdoor living stuff pack from your webpage and when I was about to install it I found some trouble. I have installed some other expansions before, and all of them had more o less the same steps to install them, but I realised that these one has some pretty peculiar ones.

Quoted from the #Intallation Guide.txt in Outdoor living stuff winzip.

1. First of all install The Sims 3 base game from ...
2. When you're done installing the base game, open "Start", type "regedit" in the search box and
then press [ENTER].
3. When you're in the Register Editor, navigate to:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Sims > The Sims 3     OR IT MAY BE IN:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Wow6432Node > Sims > The Sims 3  (Windows 7, Vista)

4. Here you'll see a file called "SKU". Double click on it and change the value - which
should be "2" or "7" - to "1" and press "OK". Now close the Register Editor.
5. Open the "# Patch" folder in this .rar file and double-click on the "TS3_1.19.44.010001_Update.exe"
in there. The wizard will now patch your The Sims 3 base game to v1.19.44.010001.
If you get an "Invalid File" error during the patching, please apply step 1 to 10 of this fix:
http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t752-the-sims-3-latest-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems (Putting
back the original files, so you can patch the game)

6. When the patching is done, open the "Sims3SP03Setup.exe" in this .rar file and follow on screen 
instructions. 
7. When a Serial Code is needed, use one of the following codes:

From here on everything  seems pretty normal, the crack and all that. I had never seem those 2 to 5 steps until now. Is it normal? Did I downloaded the wrong winzip? 

Thank you very much in advance!

Reti
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: high end loft and outdoor living

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:15 pm

Hello again,

Please note that those instructions you quoted are from the time "Outdoor Living stuff" was released...so (I think ?) from 2011 or 2012. They have become long obsolete.

These are the latest instructions, which you should follow ALL the time:
http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

Also note that the "Complete Collection" of TS3, which Games4TheWorld released not too long ago, also has up-to-date instructions. But those "separate" downloads have outdated guides, and the only thing in there that is relevant is the serial number which you need during installation.

Does that answer your question(s) ? Smile 

G4TW Forum rules // G4TW Forum FAQ // G4TW Downloads // G4TW on ThePiratebay

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14830

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum