Insufficient privileges to install

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Insufficient privileges to install

Post by andu77 on Sat 07 Mar 2015, 01:20

Hi whilst trying to install Sims 4 I get the following message:- The installer has insufficient priviliges to access this directory: C:- Programdata-Microsoft-Windows-Startmenu- The Sims 4.  The installation cannot continue.  Log on as an administrator or contact your system administrator.  

Thing is I am logged on as administrator and also I am the only user on the laptop

Regards

andu77
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Insufficient privileges to install

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Tue 10 Mar 2015, 23:52

@andu77 wrote:Hi whilst trying to install Sims 4 I get the following message:- The installer has insufficient priviliges to access this directory: C:- Programdata-Microsoft-Windows-Startmenu- The Sims 4.  The installation cannot continue.  Log on as an administrator or contact your system administrator.  

Thing is I am logged on as administrator and also I am the only user on the laptop

Regards

Hello andu77 and welcome,

http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t17678-permissions-error-when-copying-cracked-files-fix

Look at this guide, and then navigate to the folder that is mentioned in your error message (C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\). And edit the permissions of the folder(s) as shown in my guide.

Note that in this picture here:

At the top under "Group or user names", there should be the name of the account that you use to log in. If there are any other accounts too, besides the one that you use, you must repeat the procedure for these other accounts then ! Take your time to do it carefully, and then we'll see what happens. Good luck !

P.S. did you use WinRAR for extracting the contents of the .RAR, of The Sims 4 ? 

G4TW Forum rules // G4TW Forum FAQ // G4TW Downloads // G4TW on ThePiratebay

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14830

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum