I have a question.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I have a question.

Post by Puke on Mon 09 Mar 2015, 16:57

This isn't exactly an in-game problem, but I figured it would be wise to ask before it turns into one. 

I am trying to clear some hard drive space so naturally, I go to my default folder for my torrents. I noticed that the folders that were unrared from the .rar files are still there and take up a pretty sizable amount of space on my computer. I want to know whether or not it is wise to delete them. 

Just for clarification:

• I have already installed all of the expansion packs from the said folders
  • They are not in the Electronic Arts folder in my documents, they are in a separate folder with all of my other torrents. 
  • None of these folders are anything I need to go into when modding, or updating my game. (hence why I seek to delete them).

If you can help me, thank you. It is greatly appreciated.
Puke
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I have a question.

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Tue 10 Mar 2015, 23:17

@Puke wrote:This isn't exactly an in-game problem, but I figured it would be wise to ask before it turns into one. 

I am trying to clear some hard drive space so naturally, I go to my default folder for my torrents. I noticed that the folders that were unrared from the .rar files are still there and take up a pretty sizable amount of space on my computer. I want to know whether or not it is wise to delete them. 

Just for clarification:

• I have already installed all of the expansion packs from the said folders
  • They are not in the Electronic Arts folder in my documents, they are in a separate folder with all of my other torrents. 
  • None of these folders are anything I need to go into when modding, or updating my game. (hence why I seek to delete them).

If you can help me, thank you. It is greatly appreciated.

Hello,

You can delete what you want, BUT, I suggest you make sure to back up the stuff somewhere, in case you need to re-install Windows or something (so that you don't have to re-download everything). More precisely, I'd suggest you back up the original .RAR files somewhere. In case you don't have them anymore, back up the extracted folders then.

And after you backed it up, you can delete what you want. Smile  
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14091

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum