Sims 3 "There was an error during startup. Please see the Log for more details."

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 "There was an error during startup. Please see the Log for more details."

Post by jssxjqu on Sun 22 Mar 2015, 01:12

Originally had legal version of Sims 3 and attempted to add specific expansions, was running into problems, uninstalled everything and reinstalled pack of Sims 3 and all expansions, installed most (not all) expansions. Followed all the directions, including getting the update and switching out the .exe & .dll files into the BASE game. Looked into the youtube video regarding the registry and deleting folders that shouldn't be there: all the folders there are the ones that should be there. My game is saved in C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts as per usual, all the expansions are also saved there. Not sure what to do...attempted to find log to see if I could figure out the error from that and I have no idea where the log is.

jssxjqu
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 3 "There was an error during startup. Please see the Log for more details."

Post by Sim Architect on Wed 25 Mar 2015, 22:42

Hello, and welcome to our Forum!

Please, take a look on the video below (it shows how to install the game, all expansions and stuff packs, updates and Ultimate Fix) and let's know if you got your issue solved, or if you need further assistance.

Happy simming!!!

Tea 5 Tea 5

The Sim Architect

It was nice being here. I will be away for a while...

Sim Architect
Entertainer
I'll make you smile
Entertainer I'll make you smile

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male Posts : 1851

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 3 "There was an error during startup. Please see the Log for more details."

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Thu 26 Mar 2015, 01:10

@jssxjqu wrote:Originally had legal version of Sims 3 and attempted to add specific expansions, was running into problems, uninstalled everything and reinstalled pack of Sims 3 and all expansions, installed most (not all) expansions. Followed all the directions, including getting the update and switching out the .exe & .dll files into the BASE game. Looked into the youtube video regarding the registry and deleting folders that shouldn't be there: all the folders there are the ones that should be there. My game is saved in C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts as per usual, all the expansions are also saved there. Not sure what to do...attempted to find log to see if I could figure out the error from that and I have no idea where the log is.

Alernatively, just repeat the steps from #2 to #5 here:
http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

Good luck !
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14104

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum