Will I have the current version of the game if I have store bought base & expansion, but G4TW game packs?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Will I have the current version of the game if I have store bought base & expansion, but G4TW game packs?

Post by verytinyfrog on Tue 31 Mar 2015, 00:21

I have the base game and the expansion pre-ordered but don't really want to buy the game packs. I just want to be sure I won't mess anything up before installing. Thanks for everything you guys do!

verytinyfrog
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Will I have the current version of the game if I have store bought base & expansion, but G4TW game packs?

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Tue 31 Mar 2015, 03:16

@verytinyfrog wrote:I have the base game and the expansion pre-ordered but don't really want to buy the game packs. I just want to be sure I won't mess anything up before installing. Thanks for everything you guys do!

Hello and welcome,

If you use the Ultimate fix, on your legit game:
http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t18086-the-sims-4-ultimate-fix

You will have the latest (available) update & the game packs, the pre-order DLC. But we don't know yet how the expansion will tie in. We have to see how this all works technically.

In any case, you could have also gotten your stuff from Games4TheWorld, for free, but in the end it's your choice of course. Smile  The thing is: a lot of people are now asking "if they can apply the Ultimate fix to a legit game". And the fact of the matter is that nobody really tested it yet. I myself only heard "rumours", which I cannot independently confirm. 

I used to have the (Origin-bought) base game of TS4, which I got as a gift, but I un-installed it long time ago already, in favor of G4TW's version and all the DLC items...
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Titanfall, Counter-Strike, Hitman: Absolution, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 13760

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Will I have the current version of the game if I have store bought base & expansion, but G4TW game packs?

Post by TrulyFabulous on Mon 20 Jul 2015, 23:50

That would explain all the issues I have with my game, most of my game is legit except for 3 expansions and a stuff pack and most of the store items. Only a few I purchased.  Interesting....
TrulyFabulous
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3
Female Posts : 15

View user profile

Back to top Go down