Accidently started game while Origin was running, now can only run game if I am running origin

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Accidently started game while Origin was running, now can only run game if I am running origin

Post by professorchaos on Tue 31 Mar 2015, 21:14

I started up the game with Origin running in the background accidently. Didn't save anything and quit the game. Now, I can only start up the game if Origin is logged in. Otherwise I get a message saying I must be logged into Origin to start the game. Any way of fixing this?
Thanks!

professorchaos
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Accidently started game while Origin was running, now can only run game if I am running origin

Post by hide on Tue 31 Mar 2015, 21:41

Weird. I have an issue where running Origin, even in offline mode, removed all of my goodies like OR and Xmas stuff. Now I can only play it when Origin is closed. This only began after I updated Origin today btw.

hide
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Accidently started game while Origin was running, now can only run game if I am running origin

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Wed 01 Apr 2015, 05:04

@professorchaos wrote:I started up the game with Origin running in the background accidently. Didn't save anything and quit the game. Now, I can only start up the game if Origin is logged in. Otherwise I get a message saying I must be logged into Origin to start the game. Any way of fixing this?
Thanks!

//MOVED

Hello,

I don't get that error myself, hence it's even weirder. Are you sure you do NOT have anything that is Origin-related open ? Not even the small window that prompts you to enter the Origin ID and password must be open. Also, open your task manager by pressing CTRL + ALT + DELETE. Look under "processes" and see if you fidn anything Origin-related there. If you do, right-click on the process and select "end process".

In my game, I always log into the Origin account at first, and then start the game (I only do that when I want to download from the gallery, though). I download the stuff from the main menu of the game only, and then close the game, log out of Origin, close everything else about origin, and then I can re-start the game.

Good luck for now !
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, GTA IV, S.W.A.T. 4, Titanfall, Counter-Strike, Hitman: Absolution, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Antibirth & Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 13689

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Marker on Sat 04 Apr 2015, 00:02

Carlos wrote:
@professorchaos wrote:I started up the game with Origin running in the background accidently. Didn't save anything and quit the game. Now, I can only start up the game if Origin is logged in. Otherwise I get a message saying I must be logged into Origin to start the game. Any way of fixing this?
Thanks!

//MOVED

Hello,

I don't get that error myself, hence it's even weirder. Are you sure you do NOT have anything that is Origin-related open ? Not even the small window that prompts you to enter the Origin ID and password must be open. Also, open your task manager by pressing CTRL + ALT + DELETE. Look under "processes" and see if you fidn anything Origin-related there. If you do, right-click on the process and select "end process".

In my game, I always log into the Origin account at first, and then start the game (I only do that when I want to download from the gallery, though). I download the stuff from the main menu of the game only, and then close the game, log out of Origin, close everything else about origin, and then I can re-start the game.

Good luck for now !
No, this Simmer and I are suffering from teh same problem, all Origin software is shut down and they are commanding us to use it as we play, I have tried many things even the link you send me on another thread but nothing, I would reinstall the whole thing but I have a family with a strong story and I really wouldn't like to restart it all...

Marker
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by watson14kingjohn on Sat 04 Apr 2015, 16:49

same problem

watson14kingjohn
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aymen1234 on Sat 04 Apr 2015, 18:15

for me I can lunch the game with origin running and its true the content don't show up but it doesn't delete them and I can access the gallery and when I lunch it without origin it doesn't need it maybe you didn't cracked it well
Aymen1234
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : GTA IV, THE WITCHER, PES 2006, PES 2013 ,PES 2014 ,PES 2015 ,FIFA WORLD CUP 2014 ,THE SIMS SERIES ,DRIVER ,GTA 5 ,FARCRY 4 ,FARCRY 2 ,SHADOW FALL ,ASSASSIN'S CREED SERIES ,ALIEN ISOLATION ,FIFA 14 ,FIFA 15 ,SAINTS ROW 4 ,SAINTS ROW 3 ,THE EVIL WITHIN ,DYING LIGHT ,NFS Series, THE Wolfenstein, Battle
Male Posts : 91

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum