Sims 4 for Mac

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Sims 4 for Mac

Post by nilahsims on Wed 01 Apr 2015, 01:23

Hey G4TW crew!

I know that you guys aren't working on anything for the Mac as of right now. But I do have a question about it. I used Wineskin Winery to install my game and it works perfectly, but here is my problem. Since I'm running on a Mac, I can't update my game for some reason! I applied the same steps in the update pdf which was provided and I've had no luck! The game won't even start up and plus I tried installing the x86 and x64 packs and they won't even install either. Please help!!

Thanks!

-N

//EDIT

Here is a photo of what I mean by the apply the update to drive_c for my program:

nilahsims
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Wed 01 Apr 2015, 05:11

@nilahsims wrote:Hey G4TW crew!

I know that you guys aren't working on anything for the Mac as of right now. But I do have a question about it. I used Wineskin Winery to install my game and it works perfectly, but here is my problem. Since I'm running on a Mac, I can't update my game for some reason! I applied the same steps in the update pdf which was provided and I've had no luck! The game won't even start up and plus I tried installing the x86 and x64 packs and they won't even install either. Please help!!

Thanks!

-N

//EDIT

Here is a photo of what I mean by the apply the update to drive_c for my program:

//MOVED

Hello and welcome,

I do not have enough knowledge about Mac (or related things like "wineskin" or such), hence I cannot really tell you what to do. The fact that you cannot install the vcredist-items, is weird though. But then I don't know how this "wineskin" works, sorry.

WhatDidUJustCallMe?

But the basic way of applying the upate (= Ultimate fix), is that you copy all the things from the download and then paste it to the game install location, in your case C:\Program files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4. And make sure to select "copy and replace" when prompted.

Maybe someone else has a better idea though...

G4TW Forum rules // G4TW Forum FAQ // G4TW Downloads // G4TW on ThePiratebay

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14830

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nilahsims on Wed 01 Apr 2015, 23:31

Quick update here, I applied the update only fix to my game and this comes up. Any way that I can fix that? 

nilahsims
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe on Sat 04 Apr 2015, 19:32

Hello,

As we don't have officially Sims + in our Macs in this site, we can't offer any help (also, because of me not having Sims 4 yet Smile )

So I could recommend you to keep in touch with us to learn more.

Super Spammer

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims series, Elder Scrolls Skyrim, The Walking Dead, Sacred I-II, Fables,Vampire Masquerade Bloodlines, Civilization, Don't Starve, Popmundo
Female Posts : 783

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum