Using mods with the expansions without the crashing?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Using mods with the expansions without the crashing?

Post by F099 on Thu 02 Apr 2015, 00:01

I have the legit base game on Origin, along with the Late Night Expansion Pack and High End Loft Stuff. (No other packs.)

I've read multitude of helpful posts/sources. I believe I installed the expansion packs the right way or the wrong way (a wrong way that actually made it work).

When I did finish installing all the packs, I ran up Sims 3 that was still 1.67.2.04017 even when I installed the expansions. It crashed as soon as 'Into the Future' started loading.

I then removed every mod and it worked. I didn't want that though, so I started adding every mod one by one until it crashed again (to see if it was a specific mod). It crashed on every one of them sadly.

There was one last fix that I didn't do, which was the DEP one. I did the DEP fix correctly (100% sure), and nothing really changed.

I uninstalled every installed expansion from the Ultimate fix then my two expansion packs on Origin. Finally, the Sims 3 base game (legit copy).

I did not install the Late Night and High End Loft Stuff in the Ultimate Fix because I already have them (I doubt this was the reason why though).

I reinstalled Sims 3 last night along with the expansion packs that came with, for a clean slate install. Is there any way to download and install the expansion packs from the Ultimate Fix and still be able to run mods? Or did I do it wrong?             The only legit expansions I own are High End Loft Stuff and Late Night Expansion Pack.

Thank you for taking the time to read this post. I hope it won't be locked, because I'd like this problem to be sorted out.

F099
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Using mods with the expansions without the crashing?

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ on Fri 03 Apr 2015, 11:03

Hello,

It is no problem at all to use mods with the fix/ cracked expansion or a combination of cracked and legit. I also don't believe there is a "wrong" way to install the expansions, so that's not the problem either.
Seeing how your game has crashed on every mod, I don't think the problem is "mods" at all. At least, not the use of mods in general. I know many of us use mods, myself included.

There are a few things you could look into. 
What if you cleared all the caches? Or start with a clean "The Sims 3" folder in documents even. 
Did your game version change at all? Perhaps the mods you're using are not compatible with your game version.

☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum
Forum Administratrix First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 15112

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by F099 on Fri 03 Apr 2015, 22:20

Lady ElDi wrote:Hello,

It is no problem at all to use mods with the fix/ cracked expansion or a combination of cracked and legit. I also don't believe there is a "wrong" way to install the expansions, so that's not the problem either.
Seeing how your game has crashed on every mod, I don't think the problem is "mods" at all. At least, not the use of mods in general. I know many of us use mods, myself included.

There are a few things you could look into. 
What if you cleared all the caches? Or start with a clean "The Sims 3" folder in documents even. 
Did your game version change at all? Perhaps the mods you're using are not compatible with your game version.

Thank you for replying!

I tried a third time yesterday by deleting every file then reinstalling.

Since last night, I am testing each pack one by one. No crashes. Kind of glad it worked. I was considering to go on G2a to buy a few cheaper expansions. (lol thank god, I have enough financial issues)

For some reason I think it was Into The Future the first and second time. I'm installing the packs with "Stuff" in the name before I finish with Seasons, Pets, World Adventures, Island Paradise and Showtime.

Thank you for replying though. Glad it fixed itself out. Thank you for the great fix and cracked expansions.

I have a question though. Is Into The Future really any good? What does it have to offer and what do you guys think about it?

F099
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 18 Apr 2015, 12:23

F099 wrote:
I have a question though. Is Into The Future really any good? What does it have to offer and what do you guys think about it?

Sorry for the very late reply,

If your computer is strong enough, and you have sufficient filespace on your hard-drive too, then just go ahead and install ALL expansions and stuff packs. Smile  All expansions have something good to offer in my opinion, and they make the playing experience richer, compared to just having one or two expansions.

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14462

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum