GetToWork - Unable to start problem [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

GetToWork - Unable to start problem [SOLVED]

Post by MlleLulu on Fri 03 Apr 2015, 02:43

Hey Smile
Soooo I can't get my game to start! I get the message "unable to start - initialization error at startup" but I don't get why! my antivirus is ok with the cracks, I excluded the whole folder from analysis so I don't get it! Origin is closed when I start, but it pops out when the problem window appears, is it because of that? I don't know why it opens itself, all I know is that my current version of origin might not be the latest (because I rarely use it) ... should I update it?

Do you have any solution...? Pretty please?

Last edited by MlleLulu on Fri 03 Apr 2015, 12:57; edited 1 time in total

MlleLulu
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 32

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: GetToWork - Unable to start problem [SOLVED]

Post by SeoY on Fri 03 Apr 2015, 04:37

Hi there, @MlleLulu! Smile

Have you already seen this topic here?
http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t18501-unable-to-start-initialization-error-at-startup-updated-on-6-3-2015

Please, follow the instructions in there and see if the problem persists.
Updating Origin shouldn't have anything to do with this error, but it isn't a bad idea either, just to make sure. The game is tested to work with the latest version of Origin anyway (for Online access). Good luck! Very Happy

"Isn't this a wonderful spot for a rest? I so love the sound of the rain upon glass."
SeoY
Minecraft Moderator
MC Wizard & Keeper of the Realm
Minecraft Moderator MC Wizard & Keeper of the Realm

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Hollow Knight, Dishonored, Bioshock Infinite, Bioshock 1-2, The Sims series, Terraria, Metro 2033, Metro: Last Light, Batman: Arkham series, Ōkami, Metal Gear Solid series, The Binding of Isaac, Silent Hill, Ace Attorney, Civilization V, Portal 2, Minecraft
Male Posts : 1727

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Fri 03 Apr 2015, 05:00

MlleLulu wrote:Hey Smile
Soooo I can't get my game to start! I get the message "unable to start - initialization error at startup" but I don't get why! my antivirus is ok with the cracks, I excluded the whole folder from analysis so I don't get it! Origin is closed when I start, but it pops out when the problem window appears, is it because of that? I don't know why it opens itself, all I know is that my current version of origin might not be the latest (because I rarely use it) ... should I update it?

Do you have any solution...? Pretty please?

Yes, what SeoY said before. Smile  What many people ALSO underestimate is to add their DOWNLOADS-folder to the exclusions, and not just the actual game install location. Assuming you download something into your downloads folder, but then the antivirus cleans the file. You must make sure to add your downloads folder to the exclusions too, and also any removable devices (external hard-drives, USB flasdrives).

After you did the procedure from the link that SeoY posted, please re-download the crack files oly, here:
bit.ly 1CAeWYL

And put them into your base game/Bin folder, replacing the old files. Good luck for now !

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14419

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MlleLulu on Fri 03 Apr 2015, 12:57

Hi @SeoY hi @Carlos!
I have seen your thread because as I said, I've excluded the game folder, because I know my antivirus doesn't like them. My antivirus does not block or delete .rar folders, but when I unzipped them, it deletes potential threats for my computer (as it is supposed to).
But my bad, I've made an error name excluding my folders! It was named "Sims 4" before, and I changed the name to "Sims", my antivirus was excluding the "Sims 4" folder, so it couldn't work. I've changed that now it works!

Tehee, sorry Smile Thanks

MlleLulu
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 32

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SeoY on Fri 03 Apr 2015, 14:12

MlleLulu wrote:Hi @SeoY hi @Carlos!
I have seen your thread because as I said, I've excluded the game folder, because I know my antivirus doesn't like them. My antivirus does not block or delete .rar folders, but when I unzipped them, it deletes potential threats for my computer (as it is supposed to).
But my bad, I've made an error name excluding my folders! It was named "Sims 4" before, and I changed the name to "Sims", my antivirus was excluding the "Sims 4" folder, so it couldn't work. I've changed that now it works!

Tehee, sorry Smile Thanks

You're very welcome! Very Happy

As you marked the topic solved, I'll go ahead and close it now. If you ever need anything else, don't doubt to come back. Have fun!

"Isn't this a wonderful spot for a rest? I so love the sound of the rain upon glass."
SeoY
Minecraft Moderator
MC Wizard & Keeper of the Realm
Minecraft Moderator MC Wizard & Keeper of the Realm

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Hollow Knight, Dishonored, Bioshock Infinite, Bioshock 1-2, The Sims series, Terraria, Metro 2033, Metro: Last Light, Batman: Arkham series, Ōkami, Metal Gear Solid series, The Binding of Isaac, Silent Hill, Ace Attorney, Civilization V, Portal 2, Minecraft
Male Posts : 1727

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum