Unable to start...[SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Unable to start...[SOLVED]

Post by TCPCohen on Fri 03 Apr 2015, 12:57

Hello everyone!!

I've just downloaded the GTW expansion and the base game, but had only installed Sims 4 base when the next messaje popped-up:

"Unable to start: the contents of your user data directory were created by a newer version of The Sims 4 and cannot be loaded. Please update your game via Origin to play. 
[d6f91ffb]"

Any ideas why this showed up? I followed all the instructions and applied the crack as you explain on the text file.

Tried to uninstall with Your Uninstaller Pro, but the issues keeps happening. Sad
TCPCohen
Posting Lord
Posting Lord

Favourite games : Sims 3
Male Posts : 202

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Unable to start...[SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 04 Apr 2015, 07:46

TCPCohen wrote:Hello everyone!!

I've just downloaded the GTW expansion and the base game, but had only installed Sims 4 base when the next messaje popped-up:

"Unable to start: the contents of your user data directory were created by a newer version of The Sims 4 and cannot be loaded. Please update your game via Origin to play. 
[d6f91ffb]"

Any ideas why this showed up? I followed all the instructions and applied the crack as you explain on the text file.

Tried to uninstall with Your Uninstaller Pro, but the issues keeps happening. Sad

Hello,

Did you make sure to configure ALL your anti-virus systems properly ? See this guide here for an introduction to the subject matter (note: you may need to do some additional research on your own too):
http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t18501-unable-to-start-initialization-error-at-startup-updated-on-6-3-2015

Some people have also said that deleting the folder "The Sims 4" from My Documents/Electronic Arts can solve the issue too, but if you have any savefiles already, I guess you wouldn't want to lose them.

WhatDidUJustCallMe? 

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14441

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TCPCohen on Sat 04 Apr 2015, 09:39

Hello, Carlos!!

Thanks for your answer. I fixed it yesterday moving the folder "The Sims 4" from My Documents, yes. I followed this: http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/resetting-the-game-to-factory-settings-without-reinstalling/
Just in case someone has the same issues in a future.
I'm playing on a Mac with Parallels Desktop and it is running perfectly now.

Thanks again. Have a good day!
TCPCohen
Posting Lord
Posting Lord

Favourite games : Sims 3
Male Posts : 202

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 04 Apr 2015, 16:54

TCPCohen wrote:Hello, Carlos!!

Thanks for your answer. I fixed it yesterday moving the folder "The Sims 4" from My Documents, yes. I followed this: http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/resetting-the-game-to-factory-settings-without-reinstalling/
Just in case someone has the same issues in a future.
I'm playing on a Mac with Parallels Desktop and it is running perfectly now.

Thanks again. Have a good day!

Yes, that is the alternative method, but as I hinted, if you have savefiles that you want to keep, this is probably not going to be an option. I have seen myself a few cases where people got an error like this, and it was fixed by re-applying the "Ultimate fix".

Good to hear you managed to fix it. Smile  Feel free to open a new thread, anytime. Have fun ! The topic is closed.

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14441

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum