The Sims 4 GTW and Tattoo mods Conflict (How to fix).

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 4 GTW and Tattoo mods Conflict (How to fix).

Post by Cynabal on Fri 03 Apr 2015, 13:20

Just a heads up dudes/dudettes i just spent a good hour or two tracking down what had been causing my just updated Sims 4 client(updated from last G4TW release with all mods working) to stop responding during start-up. Anyway it seems the issue was not specific to one particular mod but to a certain type of mod, tattoo mods that worked as an add-on to an EA base tattoo to be specific. Stand alone tattoo mods seem to work just fine. So if anyone is having issues with the new Sims 4 GTW release try removing the affected mod/s(or disabling with a mod manager).

TLDR Disable tattoo mods that work as an add-on to EA base Tattoos to fix "stop responding" error during startup.

P.S. i highly reccomend those that use mods especialy large numbers of mods (i have 176, it's a sickness i know should see my skyrim  Oh my... ) to use a mod manager. Makes removing conflict mods super easy ^___^

P.P.S. i may have put this in the wrong section if so i apologize i am a noob, mod should move thread if i mucked up

-Cynabal

DO NOT POST ANY QUESTIONS OR PROBLEMS IN THIS TOPIC. INSTEAD, PLEASE OPEN A NEW TOPIC IN THE APPROPRIATE FORUM-SECTION, EITHER "THE SIMS 4 DOWNLOADS SUPPORT" OR "THE SIMS 4 IN-GAME SUPPORT"! THANK-YOU-NOTES CAN BE POSTED HERE.
Cynabal
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims, Eve Online, X-Com, Guildwars2,
Location : Dodixie IX - Moon 20 - Federation Navy Assembly Plant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sims 4 GTW and Tattoo mods Conflict (How to fix).

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 04 Apr 2015, 07:27

//MOVED

Hello and welcome to the forum,

Thanks for sharing this hint. Smile  In addition though, you may also want to see this post here (courtesy of the folks over at MTS):

http://linna.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=551495&c=1&ht&page=1&pp=25#startcomments

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14423

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum