Anybody else disappointed with Get To Work?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Anybody else disappointed with Get To Work?

Post by coolcandy3001 on Fri 03 Apr 2015, 17:28

I was really looking forward to this expansion and I had heard good things about it. Maybe it's bugs on EAs side that'll be fixed in a patch or something but I am really disappointed with GTW for many reasons.
The main one is the doctor career, you get 1 nurse, 1 doctor, a receptionist and  yourself. The nurse stands there doing nothing and the doctor, whenever I transfer a case over doesn't do anything either, making it impossible for me to cure paitents? I have a waiting room of about 8 - 10 people and it just doesn't progress.
  Another is the retail - I was looking so forward to this but.. people enter my shop, try on 1 - 2 outfits, then they talk to eachother for hours and hours without buying anything - if I have music, they come in and dance. Like, this is a shop.. not a club. WhatDidUJustCallMe?

I dunno, I just expected it to be more professional, even if the doctor career is something you're meant to do - at least let me send information to doctors so I can cure them lol?
Anybody else expected better and/or just generally disppointed? If so, why?

coolcandy3001
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims, Animal Crossing WW & NL, Tomodachi Life, Sonic Adventure 2, The Dog Island, Minecraft, Terraria & *Many more*
Female Posts : 333
Points : 1035
Reputation : 67
Join date : 2015-04-02
Age : 15
Location : UK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anybody else disappointed with Get To Work?

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 04 Apr 2015, 14:35

@coolcandy3001 wrote:I was really looking forward to this expansion and I had heard good things about it. Maybe it's bugs on EAs side that'll be fixed in a patch or something but I am really disappointed with GTW for many reasons.
The main one is the doctor career, you get 1 nurse, 1 doctor, a receptionist and  yourself. The nurse stands there doing nothing and the doctor, whenever I transfer a case over doesn't do anything either, making it impossible for me to cure paitents? I have a waiting room of about 8 - 10 people and it just doesn't progress.
  Another is the retail - I was looking so forward to this but.. people enter my shop, try on 1 - 2 outfits, then they talk to eachother for hours and hours without buying anything - if I have music, they come in and dance. Like, this is a shop.. not a club. WhatDidUJustCallMe?

I dunno, I just expected it to be more professional, even if the doctor career is something you're meant to do - at least let me send information to doctors so I can cure them lol?
Anybody else expected better and/or just generally disppointed? If so, why?


Hello,


So far, I only watched my sister playing it a little bit (haven't tested much of the in-game stuff myself), but several people on here already mentioned huge problems with mods and CC, like here for example:
http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t19593-the-sims-4-gtw-and-tattoo-mods-conflict-how-to-fix

Maybe you have outdated/incompatible CC ? Also, as for the shop, have you tried clicking on items in your showroom and then choosing the option "mark for sale" (or whatever the exact wording is) ? 

_________________
Regards, The_gh0stm4n




The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN ModeratorInspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, GTA IV, S.W.A.T. 4, Titanfall, Counter-Strike, Hitman: Absolution, Borderlands, Fallout 3 & New Vegas, Dishonored, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth.
Male Posts : 12273
Points : 16195
Reputation : 1694
Join date : 2012-11-02
Age : 29
Location : The Situation Room

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anybody else disappointed with Get To Work?

Post by Cynabal on Sat 04 Apr 2015, 16:58

Have yet to try being a doc or running a store but being a cop is kind of fun so far. only real "glitch" i have had to deal with if you can call it that is during the initial tutorial bit. When i was suppose to fingerprint and search a suspect and whatnot but all of the criminals that where in the jail cell before i left to investigate the crime scene or whatever apparently escaped lol. so i had no one to fingerprint and etc. but it was no big deal since the day ended and the tutorial kept going the next day.

For me the biggest thing is the addition of the basement tool. Especially since i can finally build a basement in a house that's on a foundation SWEET LORD CTHULHU! I been waiting to do that without a weird work around in the sims games since forever.

Now if only they would give me back the military career in Sims 4.

Cynabal
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims, Eve Online, X-Com, Guildwars2,
Posts : 4
Points : 616
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2015-04-03
Location : Dodixie IX - Moon 20 - Federation Navy Assembly Plant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anybody else disappointed with Get To Work?

Post by coolcandy3001 on Sat 04 Apr 2015, 21:07

Carlos wrote:
@coolcandy3001 wrote:I was really looking forward to this expansion and I had heard good things about it. Maybe it's bugs on EAs side that'll be fixed in a patch or something but I am really disappointed with GTW for many reasons.
The main one is the doctor career, you get 1 nurse, 1 doctor, a receptionist and  yourself. The nurse stands there doing nothing and the doctor, whenever I transfer a case over doesn't do anything either, making it impossible for me to cure paitents? I have a waiting room of about 8 - 10 people and it just doesn't progress.
  Another is the retail - I was looking so forward to this but.. people enter my shop, try on 1 - 2 outfits, then they talk to eachother for hours and hours without buying anything - if I have music, they come in and dance. Like, this is a shop.. not a club. WhatDidUJustCallMe?

I dunno, I just expected it to be more professional, even if the doctor career is something you're meant to do - at least let me send information to doctors so I can cure them lol?
Anybody else expected better and/or just generally disppointed? If so, why?


Hello,


So far, I only watched my sister playing it a little bit (haven't tested much of the in-game stuff myself), but several people on here already mentioned huge problems with mods and CC, like here for example:
http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t19593-the-sims-4-gtw-and-tattoo-mods-conflict-how-to-fix

Maybe you have outdated/incompatible CC ? Also, as for the shop, have you tried clicking on items in your showroom and then choosing the option "mark for sale" (or whatever the exact wording is) ? 

Yeah I know, I had over 2GB worth of CC and then began removing them one by one to even get my game to start, so I know it wasn't any CC.

The next time I went to work however the doctor began doing what he needed to do - the nurse still does nothing but talk but oh well. I guess... that nurse is meant to do that o.o


//EDIT

@Cynabal wrote:Have yet to try being a doc or running a store but being a cop is kind of fun so far. only real "glitch" i have had to deal with if you can call it that is during the initial tutorial bit. When i was suppose to fingerprint and search a suspect and whatnot but all of the criminals that where in the jail cell before i left to investigate the crime scene or whatever apparently escaped lol. so i had no one to fingerprint and etc. but it was no big deal since the day ended and the tutorial kept going the next day.

For me the biggest thing is the addition of the basement tool. Especially since i can finally build a basement in a house that's on a foundation SWEET LORD CTHULHU! I been waiting to do that without a weird work around in the sims games since forever.

Now if only they would give me back the military career in Sims 4.

Yeah, I love basements too, I mainly use them as hangouts but on one household it's just full of clutter like the hung up clothe wall decor thingy as like a dressing area, and the other half of it is the photography studio.

And a military career would be so cool if you could follow em, especially throughout training and stuff. I wish all the older career were playable, some would probably be so boring (tech guru branch 1 and writer) but others would be so cool (babysitting would be fun to try, possibly the comedy one too). I doubt they'll introduce many new careers though unless they have like a... "Get To More Work" expansion back.. which I doubt Razz

coolcandy3001
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims, Animal Crossing WW & NL, Tomodachi Life, Sonic Adventure 2, The Dog Island, Minecraft, Terraria & *Many more*
Female Posts : 333
Points : 1035
Reputation : 67
Join date : 2015-04-02
Age : 15
Location : UK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anybody else disappointed with Get To Work?

Post by ferugie on Wed 08 Apr 2015, 07:58

I am definitely disappointed in this expansion. I am so glad that GTW has made it available saving gamers from that hilarious $40 price tag. This pack honestly just seems to be too little too late. Sure the Idea of going to work with your sims is cool but it sounded even cooler 5 years ago. Simmers are coming from half a decade of open worlds, seasons, college, kids and beaches.To be honest is just seems thin. TS2 and TS3 expansions for the most part did a great job at expanding and refreshing the entire game play experience. Unfortunately with 'Get to work' the same can't be said. I'm already bored.

ferugie
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 13
Points : 1260
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2013-07-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anybody else disappointed with Get To Work?

Post by thatdoggonegirl on Wed 08 Apr 2015, 11:40

I think the part that disappointed me in GTW is that I took the career as a Doctor, and I just noticed that I'm the only one who's doing something in the hospital. Unlike in the Detective, all of the police are actually doing their jobs. Like wow, right? I pretty far tried Detective and I decided to switch my career into Doctor, but I love the retail stores.

_________________
"Study the greats and become greater." - Michael Jackson

  

thatdoggonegirl
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Walking Dead Game, Bioshock Infinite, The Last of Us, Outlast, Sims 2, 3. and 4, Silent Hill 1, 2, 3, Shattered Memories, The Alien Isolation, The Evil Within, Five Nights at Freddy's, Oni, Heavy Rain, The Wolf Among Us, Call of Duty, InFamous: Second Son, Beyond: Two Souls
Female Posts : 42
Points : 868
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2014-09-17
Age : 23
Location : Neverland

View user profile http://thatdoggonegirl.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Anybody else disappointed with Get To Work?

Post by ferugie on Wed 08 Apr 2015, 17:14

@thatdoggonegirl wrote:I think the part that disappointed me in GTW is that I took the career as a Doctor, and I just noticed that I'm the only one who's doing something in the hospital. Unlike in the Detective, all of the police are actually doing their jobs. Like wow, right? I pretty far tried Detective and I decided to switch my career into Doctor, but I love the retail stores.
YESSS I noticed the same thing. What the heck is the point of that silly receptionist if she can't admit patients?!

ferugie
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 13
Points : 1260
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2013-07-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anybody else disappointed with Get To Work?

Post by coolcandy3001 on Wed 08 Apr 2015, 23:10

@thatdoggonegirl wrote:I think the part that disappointed me in GTW is that I took the career as a Doctor, and I just noticed that I'm the only one who's doing something in the hospital. Unlike in the Detective, all of the police are actually doing their jobs. Like wow, right? I pretty far tried Detective and I decided to switch my career into Doctor, but I love the retail stores.
Ikr, I'm playing right now.. my doctor changed into his normal clothes and... left. Didn't come back... still got a promotion somehow haha Very Happy... but I keep getting glitches and it's just not working. I tell my doctor to transfer paitent case and it just doesn't work! >_< Even w/o mods and CC.

coolcandy3001
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims, Animal Crossing WW & NL, Tomodachi Life, Sonic Adventure 2, The Dog Island, Minecraft, Terraria & *Many more*
Female Posts : 333
Points : 1035
Reputation : 67
Join date : 2015-04-02
Age : 15
Location : UK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anybody else disappointed with Get To Work?

Post by Misfit203 on Thu 09 Apr 2015, 06:01

According to AMD Gaming Evolved I was up to 95 hours of gameplay in TS4 before GTW came out, im currently up to the 150 hour mark lol, so i cant say i can complain, definitely made it more interesting for me. my grim reaper was abducted by aliens and became pregnant and had a son. lol, he is also employed in the doctor's profession LMAO. though i havent played that branch much. i've played around a bit with the detective branch, but most extensively with the scientist branch which had been pretty fun for me. I'm also happy with basements, been waiting for that. 

only thing im really dissapointed by is my loss of mods and C/C. i gave up trying to test them cause i had it all well organized into sub-folders and started by adding subfolders one at a time, and each category i added just refused to work. i had 1500 pieces of mods and C/C which took a huge chunk of my life to obtain, not to mention sims i made to use it with and now it was all for nothing and so im back to using the vanilla game because i feel its senseless to bother getting more if its gonna just end up breaking my game with the next update or EP.

Its not like i keep track of where i download what from and are going to look at each place and hope for updates of 1500 items. so that was my major dissapointment.

_________________


Misfit203
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 98
  • Windows 95
  • Windows 10
  • .

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims (All of Em) :) , GTA, Need for speed, Mafia, Mortal Kombat, Batman, Dead or Alive, Saints Row, Far Cry, SILENT HILL! :) , Resident evil, Final Fantasy, Call of duty, Ghost recon
Male Posts : 174
Points : 1975
Reputation : 14
Join date : 2012-03-06
Age : 46
Location : Florida, USA

View user profile https://www.facebook.com/TheCapeCoralStorm

Back to top Go down

Re: Anybody else disappointed with Get To Work?

Post by coolcandy3001 on Thu 09 Apr 2015, 22:04

@Misfit203 wrote:According to AMD Gaming Evolved I was up to 95 hours of gameplay in TS4 before GTW came out, im currently up to the 150 hour mark lol, so i cant say i can complain, definitely made it more interesting for me. my grim reaper was abducted by aliens and became pregnant and had a son. lol, he is also employed in the doctor's profession LMAO. though i havent played that branch much. i've played around a bit with the detective branch, but most extensively with the scientist branch which had been pretty fun for me. I'm also happy with basements, been waiting for that. 

only thing im really dissapointed by is my loss of mods and C/C. i gave up trying to test them cause i had it all well organized into sub-folders and started by adding subfolders one at a time, and each category i added just refused to work. i had 1500 pieces of mods and C/C which took a huge chunk of my life to obtain, not to mention sims i made to use it with and now it was all for nothing and so im back to using the vanilla game because i feel its senseless to bother getting more if its gonna just end up breaking my game with the next update or EP.

Its not like i keep track of where i download what from and are going to look at each place and hope for updates of 1500 items. so that was my major dissapointment.

I did that with over 4GB worth of CC but only 2 - 3 of mine were broken. The alien thumbail problem bugged me as well, so glad that it can be fixed with Sims 4 Studio.
And yeah, I'm bad at keeping track, I just have all my currently working mods also in a folder on my desktop, so if I download something and it suddenly stops working, I have it already limited down. I think it's because EA made all the new make up and stuff it just.. broke lol. I love CC though, it definitly makes the game more fun, I love customization.

coolcandy3001
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims, Animal Crossing WW & NL, Tomodachi Life, Sonic Adventure 2, The Dog Island, Minecraft, Terraria & *Many more*
Female Posts : 333
Points : 1035
Reputation : 67
Join date : 2015-04-02
Age : 15
Location : UK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anybody else disappointed with Get To Work?

Post by Misfit203 on Sat 11 Apr 2015, 05:07

@coolcandy3001 wrote:
@Misfit203 wrote:According to AMD Gaming Evolved I was up to 95 hours of gameplay in TS4 before GTW came out, im currently up to the 150 hour mark lol, so i cant say i can complain, definitely made it more interesting for me. my grim reaper was abducted by aliens and became pregnant and had a son. lol, he is also employed in the doctor's profession LMAO. though i havent played that branch much. i've played around a bit with the detective branch, but most extensively with the scientist branch which had been pretty fun for me. I'm also happy with basements, been waiting for that. 

only thing im really dissapointed by is my loss of mods and C/C. i gave up trying to test them cause i had it all well organized into sub-folders and started by adding subfolders one at a time, and each category i added just refused to work. i had 1500 pieces of mods and C/C which took a huge chunk of my life to obtain, not to mention sims i made to use it with and now it was all for nothing and so im back to using the vanilla game because i feel its senseless to bother getting more if its gonna just end up breaking my game with the next update or EP.

Its not like i keep track of where i download what from and are going to look at each place and hope for updates of 1500 items. so that was my major dissapointment.

I did that with over 4GB worth of CC but only 2 - 3 of mine were broken. The alien thumbail problem bugged me as well, so glad that it can be fixed with Sims 4 Studio.
And yeah, I'm bad at keeping track, I just have all my currently working mods also in a folder on my desktop, so if I download something and it suddenly stops working, I have it already limited down. I think it's because EA made all the new make up and stuff it just.. broke lol. I love CC though, it definitly makes the game more fun, I love customization.

@coolcandy3001

I havent played in a bit, been stuck between watching hawaii 5-0 on netflix and playing dead or alive 5: last round. im also eagerly awaiting the release of GTA V and Mortal Kombat X in a few days, so might be awhile longer til i get back to the sims games lol. but i think im ganna stay playing sims 4 in vanilla til either Maxis fixes whatever broke the c/c or til i hear people not complaining about future updates breaking c/c. 

til then i already deleted my old save game. i went on the gallery, downloaded the best sims i could find that dont require c/c. i evicted all maxis preloaded neighborhood sims. then i played matchmaker with my downloaded sims. took all my matches into CAS and gave most of my matches decent looking children and married some of them. i also added a story progression type mod. i havent played since, but look forward to how things will turn out down the line when i do get back to putting in more sims 4 time. maybe it can be interesting without the need for c/c. this would be a first in my long long history of being a simmer, i always been a c/c addict, but heres hoping lol.

_________________


Misfit203
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 98
  • Windows 95
  • Windows 10
  • .

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims (All of Em) :) , GTA, Need for speed, Mafia, Mortal Kombat, Batman, Dead or Alive, Saints Row, Far Cry, SILENT HILL! :) , Resident evil, Final Fantasy, Call of duty, Ghost recon
Male Posts : 174
Points : 1975
Reputation : 14
Join date : 2012-03-06
Age : 46
Location : Florida, USA

View user profile https://www.facebook.com/TheCapeCoralStorm

Back to top Go down

Re: Anybody else disappointed with Get To Work?

Post by Anarchy on Thu 16 Apr 2015, 18:59

I hope I'm not the only one who thinks The Sims 4 is a disappointment insult in general.

Anarchy
Posting Lord
Posting Lord

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Need For Speed series
Posts : 247
Points : 879
Reputation : 23
Join date : 2015-04-12
Age : 23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anybody else disappointed with Get To Work?

Post by briancarter on Sat 18 Apr 2015, 08:15

I absolutely LOVE The Sims 4 Get To Work, it has a similar taste with The Sims 2 - Open for Business. I wish however, there were lemonade stands for kids to sell stuff, hopefully The Sims 4 - Generations, hopefully.

briancarter
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims (duh)
Male Posts : 14
Points : 612
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2015-04-18
Age : 22
Location : Down 'nder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anybody else disappointed with Get To Work?

Post by coolcandy3001 on Sat 18 Apr 2015, 15:08

@Misfit203 wrote:
@coolcandy3001 wrote:
@Misfit203 wrote:According to AMD Gaming Evolved I was up to 95 hours of gameplay in TS4 before GTW came out, im currently up to the 150 hour mark lol, so i cant say i can complain, definitely made it more interesting for me. my grim reaper was abducted by aliens and became pregnant and had a son. lol, he is also employed in the doctor's profession LMAO. though i havent played that branch much. i've played around a bit with the detective branch, but most extensively with the scientist branch which had been pretty fun for me. I'm also happy with basements, been waiting for that. 

only thing im really dissapointed by is my loss of mods and C/C. i gave up trying to test them cause i had it all well organized into sub-folders and started by adding subfolders one at a time, and each category i added just refused to work. i had 1500 pieces of mods and C/C which took a huge chunk of my life to obtain, not to mention sims i made to use it with and now it was all for nothing and so im back to using the vanilla game because i feel its senseless to bother getting more if its gonna just end up breaking my game with the next update or EP.

Its not like i keep track of where i download what from and are going to look at each place and hope for updates of 1500 items. so that was my major dissapointment.

I did that with over 4GB worth of CC but only 2 - 3 of mine were broken. The alien thumbail problem bugged me as well, so glad that it can be fixed with Sims 4 Studio.
And yeah, I'm bad at keeping track, I just have all my currently working mods also in a folder on my desktop, so if I download something and it suddenly stops working, I have it already limited down. I think it's because EA made all the new make up and stuff it just.. broke lol. I love CC though, it definitly makes the game more fun, I love customization.

@coolcandy3001

I havent played in a bit, been stuck between watching hawaii 5-0 on netflix and playing dead or alive 5: last round. im also eagerly awaiting the release of GTA V and Mortal Kombat X in a few days, so might be awhile longer til i get back to the sims games lol. but i think im ganna stay playing sims 4 in vanilla til either Maxis fixes whatever broke the c/c or til i hear people not complaining about future updates breaking c/c. 

til then i already deleted my old save game. i went on the gallery, downloaded the best sims i could find that dont require c/c. i evicted all maxis preloaded neighborhood sims. then i played matchmaker with my downloaded sims. took all my matches into CAS and gave most of my matches decent looking children and married some of them. i also added a story progression type mod. i havent played since, but look forward to how things will turn out down the line when i do get back to putting in more sims 4 time. maybe it can be interesting without the need for c/c. this would be a first in my long long history of being a simmer, i always been a c/c addict, but heres hoping lol.
I love Hawaii 5-0 it's got to be one of the best shows ever Very Happy
I don't find Sims 4 interesting withou CC, as it just gets boring very easily.

//EDIT

@Anarchy wrote:I hope I'm not the only one who thinks The Sims 4 is a disappointment insult in general.
I played a lot of Sims 2 & 1, but never sims 3. So I never saw it as a "insult" anyway, I feel like it came incomplete, but hey, EA is giving us back some things for free, things that most people were disappointed about, so it's okay. Razz

coolcandy3001
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims, Animal Crossing WW & NL, Tomodachi Life, Sonic Adventure 2, The Dog Island, Minecraft, Terraria & *Many more*
Female Posts : 333
Points : 1035
Reputation : 67
Join date : 2015-04-02
Age : 15
Location : UK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anybody else disappointed with Get To Work?

Post by Anarchy on Tue 21 Apr 2015, 10:14

@coolcandy3001 wrote:I played a lot of Sims 2 & 1, but never sims 3. So I never saw it as a "insult" anyway, I feel like it came incomplete, but hey, EA is giving us back some things for free, things that most people were disappointed about, so it's okay. Razz

It's a huge step backward from The Sims 2 as well. But if you'd have played The Sims 3 you'd understand.

Anarchy
Posting Lord
Posting Lord

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Need For Speed series
Posts : 247
Points : 879
Reputation : 23
Join date : 2015-04-12
Age : 23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anybody else disappointed with Get To Work?

Post by almostanonymous on Tue 21 Apr 2015, 17:59

Speaking of glitches, my sim works in a ghost hospital where the doctor and the assistant are both ghosts

almostanonymous
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : sims and virtual villagers
Female Posts : 12
Points : 1146
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-11-03
Age : 23
Location : India

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anybody else disappointed with Get To Work?

Post by Anarchy on Thu 23 Apr 2015, 03:00

@almostanonymous wrote:Speaking of glitches, my sim works in a ghost hospital where the doctor and the assistant are both ghosts

What's the glitch?

Anarchy
Posting Lord
Posting Lord

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Need For Speed series
Posts : 247
Points : 879
Reputation : 23
Join date : 2015-04-12
Age : 23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anybody else disappointed with Get To Work?

Post by coolcandy3001 on Sun 26 Apr 2015, 12:07

@Anarchy wrote:
@almostanonymous wrote:Speaking of glitches, my sim works in a ghost hospital where the doctor and the assistant are both ghosts

What's the glitch?
Isn't the glitch the fact he/she works in a ghost hospital?

coolcandy3001
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims, Animal Crossing WW & NL, Tomodachi Life, Sonic Adventure 2, The Dog Island, Minecraft, Terraria & *Many more*
Female Posts : 333
Points : 1035
Reputation : 67
Join date : 2015-04-02
Age : 15
Location : UK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anybody else disappointed with Get To Work?

Post by Anarchy on Mon 27 Apr 2015, 15:02

@coolcandy3001 wrote:
@Anarchy wrote:
@almostanonymous wrote:Speaking of glitches, my sim works in a ghost hospital where the doctor and the assistant are both ghosts

What's the glitch?
Isn't the glitch the fact he/she works in a ghost hospital?

Well I've been playing The Sims games for a long time and um... nope, not really.

Anarchy
Posting Lord
Posting Lord

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Need For Speed series
Posts : 247
Points : 879
Reputation : 23
Join date : 2015-04-12
Age : 23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

.

Post by gill2277 on Wed 29 Apr 2015, 23:27

sims 3 is a better game, and my opinion is they could have expanded on that game more rather than making sims 4 which is so basic the new expansion is not worth the money they are charging for it, disappointing how they cant see its a step back for us WhatDidUJustCallMe?

gill2277
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 3
Points : 593
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2015-04-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anybody else disappointed with Get To Work?

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Wed 06 May 2015, 00:37

@coolcandy3001 wrote:
@Anarchy wrote:
@almostanonymous wrote:Speaking of glitches, my sim works in a ghost hospital where the doctor and the assistant are both ghosts

What's the glitch?

Isn't the glitch the fact he/she works in a ghost hospital?

@Anarchy wrote:
Well I've been playing The Sims games for a long time and um... nope, not really.


Anarchy's right. It's the same as in previous Sims franchise games basically. Technically, ghosts (as well as other "supernatural" life states like vampires or fairies) are or can still be playable (!) sims, and hence they are capable of doing most, if not all things that "normal" sims can also do.

In Sims 3, I've seen ghosts participating in student protests (in the "University life" expansion), and even ghosts as firefighters - though I don't recommend the latter, as ghosts "flow" rather slowly, which is not good in the firefighter career.

So yes, while it may look weird here to have 2 ghosts as doctors, it's certainly not a glitch.

_________________
Regards, The_gh0stm4n




The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN ModeratorInspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, GTA IV, S.W.A.T. 4, Titanfall, Counter-Strike, Hitman: Absolution, Borderlands, Fallout 3 & New Vegas, Dishonored, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth.
Male Posts : 12273
Points : 16195
Reputation : 1694
Join date : 2012-11-02
Age : 29
Location : The Situation Room

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anybody else disappointed with Get To Work?

Post by Anarchy on Sun 10 May 2015, 15:00

Carlos wrote:Anarchy's right. It's the same as in previous Sims franchise games basically. Technically, ghosts (as well as other "supernatural" life states like vampires or fairies) are or can still be playable (!) sims, and hence they are capable of doing most, if not all things that "normal" sims can also do.

In Sims 3, I've seen ghosts participating in student protests (in the "University life" expansion), and even ghosts as firefighters - though I don't recommend the latter, as ghosts "flow" rather slowly, which is not good in the firefighter career.

So yes, while it may look weird here to have 2 ghosts as doctors, it's certainly not a glitch.

I blame the liberals. They'll give anyone a green card these days.

Anarchy
Posting Lord
Posting Lord

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Need For Speed series
Posts : 247
Points : 879
Reputation : 23
Join date : 2015-04-12
Age : 23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anybody else disappointed with Get To Work?

Post by justpassingby on Wed 20 May 2015, 09:10

What made me disappointed was the lack of:
1. Going to work with the Sims in a Lawyer (preferrably Defense Attorney) career.
2. Unable to own a Bar and live in it because I made it a home other than a Bar. They should allow Sims to live in Community Lots. Realistic is (most of the time) boring in my honest opinion.
3. Lack of Military job (Recruit, Sergeant, etc. until General).
4. Default jobs not given the follow Sim to work treatment.

justpassingby
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 9
Points : 573
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2015-05-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anybody else disappointed with Get To Work?

Post by Anarchy on Wed 20 May 2015, 19:17

@justpassingby wrote:What made me disappointed was the lack of.

That about sums it up for me.

Anarchy
Posting Lord
Posting Lord

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Need For Speed series
Posts : 247
Points : 879
Reputation : 23
Join date : 2015-04-12
Age : 23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anybody else disappointed with Get To Work?

Post by Keyenpeydee on Fri 22 May 2015, 08:12

I or some of us really need the ultimate fix, because my Sim who is a retailer is working hard to have money.
My Customers just socializing with each other.
My Employees doesn't do anything.
And guess what?
All of my household are my employees and I choose one sim to be the boss/manager.

I assign work task to all of my household, and I choose one sim to ring up the target customer. after ringing up the target, Iim back with the household who I leave some retail task to them, And I saw them just socializing with each other. They gain relationship just like friends. aren't retailers should talk to them like they are just customers? (even though bella goth is my bestfriend) 

And my employees just chillin' like a Boss. And I was just like "Biatch wat r u doing?" 

So this is why I want the ultimate fix now. I haven't really used the retail career due to this problem. But when the ultimate fix comes, I will be focusing in the retail career.

But I am not disappointed with the expansion pack. Because I enjoy it so much. But now it's boring cause, I use the 2nd generation household with the same old active careers

But I really hope the cracker will release it.

And I am so excited about the stuff pack. I really like the new hairs. Yeah, Just the Hair.

Keyenpeydee
Posting Lord
Posting Lord

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 4, The Sims 3, The Sims 4, The Sims 3, The Sims 4, The Sims 3, The Sims 4, The Sims 3,
Male Posts : 183
Points : 939
Reputation : -1
Join date : 2015-01-28
Age : 23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum