Startup Stopped. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Startup Stopped. [SOLVED]

Post by Mentality on Sat 04 Apr 2015, 03:20

I appreciate you guys providing us with the Get To Work expansion pack so fast. I was excited to jump right back into the game after applying it. However, now I can't play the game. I get a "Sims 4 has stopped working" error message when I try to start it up. I can't think of why though. I applied the expansion pack as instructed, moving the folders in the rar file that was received. I copied and pasted them in the Sims 4 directory in Program Files (x86)/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4. I even tried moving out the mods folder. It still won't start up. Is there some other method I can try to get the game working?

Mentality 

//EDIT

Do I perhaps need to apply the ultimate fix with every new expansion that is released? I thought that once would be enough.

Mentality                                                                                                                                                       
Mentality
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Startup Stopped. [SOLVED]

Post by orlandokatana on Sat 04 Apr 2015, 03:40

@Mentality wrote:Do I perhaps need to apply the ultimate fix with every new expansion that is released? I thought that once would be enough.

Mentality

Admin wrote:=> NOTE: if you installed The Sims 4: Get to Work, you DO NOT NEED THIS ULTIMATE FIX, as installing the Get to Work expansion pack will automatically update your game to the (currently) latest game version! <=

orlandokatana
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mentality on Sat 04 Apr 2015, 03:44

Well then I'm stumped. Perhaps the download is being ruined by something like Malwarebytes? I did recently install it, as I recently had a big system infection.

Mentality
Mentality
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SoSoBelle on Sat 04 Apr 2015, 05:55

Do you have any mods or CC that may be out of date? Perhaps you should try removing them and restarting the game to see if that helps.
SoSoBelle
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims, Borderlands 1 & 2, Dead Island, Left 4 Dead 2, War Z, The Walking Dead, Black Ops, Halo, DayZ, The Binding of Issac, Rollercoaster Tycoon, Sim City, Killzone, Damned
Female Posts : 73

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mentality on Sat 04 Apr 2015, 06:19

The problem continued even after I removed the mods SoSoBelle. But I did figure out what the problem was. It was Malwarebytes. It was detecting false positives and corrupting the download. I disabled it, applied the GTW expansion, added The Sims 4 folder to the exclusions list, and then reactivated it. Now the game is working and I am ready to dig in. To all the players out there, be sure to deactivate your malware software while downloading and applying the expansions and add The Sims 4 to the exclusions list. Very Happy

Mentality
Mentality
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 04 Apr 2015, 08:02

@Mentality wrote:The problem continued even after I removed the mods SoSoBelle. But I did figure out what the problem was. It was Malwarebytes. It was detecting false positives and corrupting the download. I disabled it, applied the GTW expansion, added The Sims 4 folder to the exclusions list, and then reactivated it. Now the game is working and I am ready to dig in. To all the players out there, be sure to deactivate your malware software while downloading and applying the expansions and add The Sims 4 to the exclusions list. Very Happy

Mentality

Sorry for not getting back to you in time (it always gets a busy here, when new expansions are released). But you're absolutely right ! That's also the main message of my guide here.

Feel free to open a new thread anytime. Have fun ! the topic is closed. Smile 
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, GTA IV, S.W.A.T. 4, Titanfall, Counter-Strike, Hitman: Absolution, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Antibirth & Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 13689

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum