The Sims 4 Base Game. Entry Point Not Found Error. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 4 Base Game. Entry Point Not Found Error. [SOLVED]

Post by buddybud62 on Mon 06 Apr 2015, 05:15

I have followed all of the instructions in the PDF and the site here. I have also downloaded the Ultimate Fix. Every time I try to open the game (even if I use Admin) I get an error.
Here it is:
The procedure entry point _except1 could not be located in the dynamic link library C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Game\Bin\TS4.exe

Note: I have downloaded the 2013 x64 and x86 versions of vc. I have been searching for hours, and nothing seems to work.
OS: Windows 8.1
64-bit

buddybud62
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 2
Points : 812
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2015-04-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sims 4 Base Game. Entry Point Not Found Error. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Mon 06 Apr 2015, 11:59

@buddybud62 wrote:(...)

Note: I have downloaded the 2013 x64 and x86 versions of vc. I have been searching for hours, and nothing seems to work.
OS: Windows 8.1
64-bit

Hello and welcome to the forum,


Please check your Windows updates, and download & install everything that is there. If you already installed the Visual C++ 2013, you might want to see if (re-)downloading the older Visual C++ runtimes (2005, 2008, 2010, etc.) helps you.

That's all I can say for now. Good luck !
avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Titanfall, Counter-Strike, Hitman: Absolution, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 13754
Points : 18227
Reputation : 1918
Join date : 2012-11-02
Age : 30
Location : The Situation Room

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sims 4 Base Game. Entry Point Not Found Error. [SOLVED]

Post by buddybud62 on Mon 06 Apr 2015, 16:07

Carlos wrote:
Hello and welcome to the forum,


Please check your Windows updates, and download & install everything that is there. If you already installed the Visual C++ 2013, you might want to see if (re-)downloading the older Visual C++ runtimes (2005, 2008, 2010, etc.) helps you.

That's all I can say for now. Good luck !
I fixed it! I  installed the Visual C++ 2010 and selected repair, and I also redownloaded the one's in the games folder. Apparently something went wrong in the installation. For now it is working seamlessly! Razz

buddybud62
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 2
Points : 812
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2015-04-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sims 4 Base Game. Entry Point Not Found Error. [SOLVED]

Post by Cazv on Tue 07 Apr 2015, 20:31

Hi! 
I've the same problem, and my question is how can I install the Visual C++ 2010? 
Thank you Smile

Cazv
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 1
Points : 811
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2015-04-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sims 4 Base Game. Entry Point Not Found Error. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Tue 07 Apr 2015, 20:41

@buddybud62 wrote:I fixed it! I  installed the Visual C++ 2010 and selected repair, and I also redownloaded the one's in the games folder. Apparently something went wrong in the installation. For now it is working seamlessly! Razz


Good to hear ! Have fun with the game. Wink  


@Cazv wrote:Hi! 
I've the same problem, and my question is how can I install the Visual C++ 2010? 
Thank you Smile


Hello and welcome,

Please open a NEW thread for your issues, thank you. Smile 
avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Titanfall, Counter-Strike, Hitman: Absolution, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 13754
Points : 18227
Reputation : 1918
Join date : 2012-11-02
Age : 30
Location : The Situation Room

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum