Sims 4 GTW Can't Join An Old Career Anymore! [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 4 GTW Can't Join An Old Career Anymore! [SOLVED]

Post by Molehassher on Wed 08 Apr 2015, 18:17

Hello, I'm new to the forums, and I have downloaded all the Sims 4 stuff you have to offer, including the GTW expansion and the newest update that comes with it, which is the problem I'm having.

Everything related to the expansion itself works like a charm. Going to workplace is ok, and one of my Sims owns a retail store. The problem is that my Sims can't join the careers other than the GTW ones and Business and Athlete (which to my knowledge came with another update some time ago). All the Sims I had who were on some of those oldest career options are suddenly unemployed, and can't join them again. This happened after I updated the files.

For example, if I want to join the Entertainer career, I select it, but after the choose a career window closes, nothing happens. Absolutely nothing.

I was just wondering if anyone knows a fix to this? It's pretty lame to have only 5 careers.

Molehassher
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 2
Points : 841
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2015-04-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 4 GTW Can't Join An Old Career Anymore! [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Mon 13 Apr 2015, 18:20

@Molehassher wrote:Hello, I'm new to the forums, and I have downloaded all the Sims 4 stuff you have to offer, including the GTW expansion and the newest update that comes with it, which is the problem I'm having.

Everything related to the expansion itself works like a charm. Going to workplace is ok, and one of my Sims owns a retail store. The problem is that my Sims can't join the careers other than the GTW ones and Business and Athlete (which to my knowledge came with another update some time ago). All the Sims I had who were on some of those oldest career options are suddenly unemployed, and can't join them again. This happened after I updated the files.

For example, if I want to join the Entertainer career, I select it, but after the choose a career window closes, nothing happens. Absolutely nothing.

I was just wondering if anyone knows a fix to this? It's pretty lame to have only 5 careers.

Hello and sorry for the belated reply,


With my smartphone (under "Career/Household") I can choose whatever "careers" or "professions" (Doctor, Detective, Scientist) I like. So it seems to be working fine. Are you using any mods or custom content ? If so they might be incompatible, and causing this issue...
avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Titanfall, Counter-Strike, Hitman: Absolution, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 13913
Points : 18448
Reputation : 1947
Join date : 2012-11-02
Age : 30
Location : San Fierro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 4 GTW Can't Join An Old Career Anymore! [SOLVED]

Post by Molehassher on Wed 15 Apr 2015, 19:05

Carlos wrote:
@Molehassher wrote:Hello, I'm new to the forums, and I have downloaded all the Sims 4 stuff you have to offer, including the GTW expansion and the newest update that comes with it, which is the problem I'm having.

Everything related to the expansion itself works like a charm. Going to workplace is ok, and one of my Sims owns a retail store. The problem is that my Sims can't join the careers other than the GTW ones and Business and Athlete (which to my knowledge came with another update some time ago). All the Sims I had who were on some of those oldest career options are suddenly unemployed, and can't join them again. This happened after I updated the files.

For example, if I want to join the Entertainer career, I select it, but after the choose a career window closes, nothing happens. Absolutely nothing.

I was just wondering if anyone knows a fix to this? It's pretty lame to have only 5 careers.

Hello and sorry for the belated reply,


With my smartphone (under "Career/Household") I can choose whatever "careers" or "professions" (Doctor, Detective, Scientist) I like. So it seems to be working fine. Are you using any mods or custom content ? If so they might be incompatible, and causing this issue...

Thanks for the reply!

I checked my mods, seems like it's the incest and teen-adult romance mod that is causing it, possibly because it's outdated. Well, luckily it's a mod I can live without haha

Molehassher
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 2
Points : 841
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2015-04-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 4 GTW Can't Join An Old Career Anymore! [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 18 Apr 2015, 13:04

@Molehassher wrote:
Thanks for the reply!

I checked my mods, seems like it's the incest and teen-adult romance mod that is causing it, possibly because it's outdated. Well, luckily it's a mod I can live without haha


You're welcome, and thanks for letting us know about those mods ! Smile  Feel free to open a new thread anytime, if you have more questions. Have fun ! Problem solved, topic closed.
avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Titanfall, Counter-Strike, Hitman: Absolution, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 13913
Points : 18448
Reputation : 1947
Join date : 2012-11-02
Age : 30
Location : San Fierro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum