Get to work EP not working for me

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Get to work EP not working for me

Post by Darstan64 on Wed 08 Apr 2015, 23:53

Hello,
I have a legit copy of the sims 4 and I downloaded the get to work ep torrent here and I followed all the instructions by dragging and dropping all the correct files into my sims 4 folder.  I made sure I was offline on origin but every time I hit play immediately a message comes up saying that the sims 4 quit unexpectedly.

I do have a mac but this game is for both mac and pc.  Please help if you can, sorry if this is a stupid question.  Any help and advice would be appreciated.  I haven't done any of this since the sims 3 so I'm a little out of practice.  Thanks so much!  You guys are great Smile

Darstan64
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Get to work EP not working for me

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Thu 09 Apr 2015, 19:22

@Darstan64 wrote:Hello,
I have a legit copy of the sims 4 and I downloaded the get to work ep torrent here and I followed all the instructions by dragging and dropping all the correct files into my sims 4 folder.  I made sure I was offline on origin but every time I hit play immediately a message comes up saying that the sims 4 quit unexpectedly.

I do have a mac but this game is for both mac and pc.  Please help if you can, sorry if this is a stupid question.  Any help and advice would be appreciated.  I haven't done any of this since the sims 3 so I'm a little out of practice.  Thanks so much!  You guys are great Smile

//MOVED

Hello,

Yes, the game is "officially" for both Mac and PC, but that doesn't mean you can use the (current) Ultimate fix on your Mac system. Our Ultimate fix as of now is intended for use on PC, or if you emulate a Windows environment on a Mac (Bootcamp, Parallels). 

Mac and Windows are technically different, and you can't alwaysuse stuff from one system, in the other one.

As for the issue itself, we can't give support on Mac, about Sims 4, yet. Sorry to say that, but maybe we will come up with something in the future.
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14104

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Darstan64 on Thu 09 Apr 2015, 19:39

Thank you Carlos for your reply, I appreciate your help.  Maybe now if I reverse my steps and take out the files that I pasted into the sims 4 I can play the sims 4 again without get to work ep.  Thanks for clarifying that, I did have bootcamp but uninstalled it when sims 4 came out on mac.  I'll keep checking back to see if any help does come out for sims 4 for macs.  Thanks for all your hard work Carlos and everyone here Smile  Good luck to all Smile

Darstan64
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Thu 09 Apr 2015, 19:42

@Darstan64 wrote:Thank you Carlos for your reply, I appreciate your help.  Maybe now if I reverse my steps and take out the files that I pasted into the sims 4 I can play the sims 4 again without get to work ep.  Thanks for clarifying that, I did have bootcamp but uninstalled it when sims 4 came out on mac.  I'll keep checking back to see if any help does come out for sims 4 for macs.  Thanks for all your hard work Carlos and everyone here Smile  Good luck to all Smile

Sure thing, and sorry again we couldn't help you further in that case. If possible for you, you might want to re-install Bootcamp again... ? 
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Darstan64 on Fri 10 Apr 2015, 23:15

Hi again,
Would you possibly know of a good site that has a get to work ep torrent for the mac?  If thats not too much to ask, I'd be most grateful.  Thank you in advance for any help Smile

Darstan64
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 11 Apr 2015, 20:53

@Darstan64 wrote:Hi again,
Would you possibly know of a good site that has a get to work ep torrent for the mac?  If thats not too much to ask, I'd be most grateful.  Thank you in advance for any help Smile

The topic creator of this thread here:
http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t19584-the-sims-4-for-mac-available-only-on-a-french-site-t411

mentioned something about the base game, but I'm unsure about the expansion. Of course use the download(s) at your own risk, as we won't take any responsibility for the stuff that other people do. Smile  Other than that feel free to wait for Phoebe's feedback on this, next time she logs in here.
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum