Sims 4 GTW not downloaded properly?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 4 GTW not downloaded properly?

Post by galaxyellie on Thu 09 Apr 2015, 02:13

so i downloaded the sims 4 gtw from the pirate bay (G4TW version) and i bought the base game via origin. i used utorrent to download and then unzipped the file which came with it. when i opened the folder, it had another folder called data. i clicked that and there was one folder called client. i clicked that and it just shows me package files called ClientDeltaBuild0, ClientDeltaBuild1, and ClientDeltaBuild2 and there are no instructions whatsoever. i dont know if this is how it was supposed to download because i am new to these things and also i do not know where to put the folder because there werent any instructions. I'm new here.
galaxyellie
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 4 GTW not downloaded properly?

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Thu 09 Apr 2015, 12:25

@galaxyellie wrote:so i downloaded the sims 4 gtw from the pirate bay (G4TW version) and i bought the base game via origin. i used utorrent to download and then unzipped the file which came with it. when i opened the folder, it had another folder called data. i clicked that and there was one folder called client. i clicked that and it just shows me package files called ClientDeltaBuild0, ClientDeltaBuild1, and ClientDeltaBuild2 and there are no instructions whatsoever. i dont know if this is how it was supposed to download because i am new to these things and also i do not know where to put the folder because there werent any instructions. I'm new here.

Hello and welcome to the forum,

If you downloaded "Get to Work" from Games4TheWorld, you need to make an empty folder first of all. In this folder, you extract ALL the contents of the Get to Work.rar file. Preferably, you should use the program WinRAR for that (which you can get from this site here, and install instructions are included).

After the extraction is done, copy ALL those folders like Data, __Installer, Bin and such, into your location where you installed the base game to. If you bought the game from Origin, that will be (typically) C:\Program files(x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4.

When prompted, select "replace existing files (do this for all files)". 

And that is it, you can now start the game, via the TS4.exe file, located in C:\Program files(x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4\Game\Bin. You can also make a shortcut from the file to the desktop, by right-clicking on it and selecting "send to...desktop". 

Very important: each time before playing the game, make sure that Origin is completely closed ! You should never attempt to run the game, with Origin open. Only start the game from that TS4.exe that I just mentioned.

Good luck !
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14104

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum