Sims 4 Photography Issue

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 4 Photography Issue

Post by coolcandy3001 on Sun 12 Apr 2015, 23:08

I posted this over in MTS and have waited a few days and had no response, so I thought I'd try here:
When taking photos on TS4 GTW, with any camera. Unless landscape + small or landscape +
big, it doesn't work! It comes up a blank polaroid When I put it on a wall or create a copy, it still comes up black! This happens even if the image is considered "Outstanding!" in the game.
I have no conflicting mods or CC.
I have tried removing all mods and CC, same problem.
Anyone know how to fix it? I love photography!

I seem to be the only one getting this issue though, even without any mods. so I was wondering if there is a slight chance someone here would know?

coolcandy3001
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims, Animal Crossing WW & NL, Tomodachi Life, Sonic Adventure 2, The Dog Island, Minecraft, Terraria & *Many more*
Female Posts : 333

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 4 Photography Issue

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Mon 13 Apr 2015, 17:35

coolcandy3001 wrote:I posted this over in MTS and have waited a few days and had no response, so I thought I'd try here:
When taking photos on TS4 GTW, with any camera. Unless landscape + small or landscape +
big, it doesn't work! It comes up a blank polaroid When I put it on a wall or create a copy, it still comes up black! This happens even if the image is considered "Outstanding!" in the game.

I seem to be the only one getting this issue though, even without any mods. so I was wondering if there is a slight chance someone here would know?

Sorry for the late reply,

Have you tried deleting the localthumbcache.package in My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4 ? Then re-start the game and start taking pictures again. 

If it still doesn't work, I will try doing that, with my own sim... Very Happy  and report back.

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14433

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by coolcandy3001 on Mon 13 Apr 2015, 21:31

Carlos wrote:
coolcandy3001 wrote:I posted this over in MTS and have waited a few days and had no response, so I thought I'd try here:

Have you tried deleting the localthumbcache.package in My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4 ? Then re-start the game and start taking pictures again. 

If it still doesn't work, I will try doing that, with my own sim... Very Happy  and report back.
Tried that, no such luck ;w;
coolcandy3001
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims, Animal Crossing WW & NL, Tomodachi Life, Sonic Adventure 2, The Dog Island, Minecraft, Terraria & *Many more*

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by coolcandy3001 on Sat 25 Apr 2015, 19:50

Carlos wrote:

I tried renaming my TS4 folder to something different, it worked when playing it. I went back on my old one with no mods and it still didn't. So I know it's nothing to do with mods. I was wondering what other files change (it's not my save files, changed those since this problem) when the game is played a little, rather than just opened?
coolcandy3001
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by coolcandy3001 on Sat 25 Apr 2015, 20:21

This topic is now solved Smile after removing each file 1 by 1, I noticed it was my options.ini causing the problems, so when I looked through it, I remembered that I'd made my uiscale smaller to fit all my Custom Traits into the game and never turned it back. Very Happy
coolcandy3001
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum