Installed GTW and now can't resume old household

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Installed GTW and now can't resume old household

Post by charliem87 on Sat 18 Apr 2015, 22:54

Hi all,

I'm just wondering whether this problem (not being able to play the old household - can load the world fine, but can't enter the house to play the family) has something to do with installing GTW?

I followed the instructions and copied/merged all the folders over, and the game was working fine before installing GTW.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks for any help Smile

charliem87
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Installed GTW and now can't resume old household

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Mon 20 Apr 2015, 18:34

@charliem87 wrote:Hi all,

I'm just wondering whether this problem (not being able to play the old household - can load the world fine, but can't enter the house to play the family) has something to do with installing GTW?

I followed the instructions and copied/merged all the folders over, and the game was working fine before installing GTW.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks for any help Smile

//MOVED

Hello,

What exactly happens when you try entering a household ? Does it throw you back to the neighborhood map ? If yes, did you add the install location of your Sims 4 game to the exclusions of your anti-virus program ? 

Also, after properly adding the exclusions, re-apply the files from "Get to Work" (copy + paste them again), and see if anything improves. Good luck for now !

Forum rules // Forum FAQ // G4TW downloads // Sims store, guides & more (beta) // G4TW on Piratebay

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4

Please post game issues on the Forum only. For more general questions about site navigation, you may also e-mail me !

The_gh0stm4n
Supervising Moderator
Inspector General & Chief of Staff
Supervising ModeratorInspector General & Chief of Staff

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, GTA IV, S.W.A.T. 4, Titanfall, Counter-Strike, Hitman: Absolution, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Antibirth & Afterbirth †
Male Posts : 13616

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by petwaitress on Mon 20 Apr 2015, 23:35

I have the same problem even with newly created sims. goes back to world selection screen. Worked fine 5 days ago even with mods folder. I wonder what cache files can be deleted and might that help?

petwaitress
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by petwaitress on Tue 21 Apr 2015, 21:05

Sorry to say I had to delete the family in the saved sims file. somehow they became corrupt. Try just moving your saved sim file and if that's not it start deleting or temporarily moving some of your older lot files. I did both and the game worked after.

petwaitress
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum