Indestructible tea mugs

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Indestructible tea mugs

Post by jgf on Wed 22 Apr 2015, 07:06

If my sim or my simwife makes a cup of tea, they get a single cup which they drink then the cup disappears. If a visiting sim makes tea they get a tray with four cups on it; they drink one and the tray with the other three remains on the counter ...permanently. I cannot throw this in the trash or recycle bin, nor put it in the sink, dishwasher, or trash compactor. I can move the cups around - put them on the counter, floor, table, etc. - but that is all. I tried going to Build/Buy mode but picking up one of these cups there I'm told it has zero value and cannot be deleted, using the sledgehammer on it also gets a 'cannot be deleted' message.

In two different games now I have counter space wasted by a tray of three steaming cups, in one case for about three sim-weeks (and they are still steaming ...as am I).

How do I get rid of these blasted cups and tray?

Game is V1.67 from this site with Ambitions and Seasons installed.

jgf
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Indestructible tea mugs

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Wed 22 Apr 2015, 07:16

@jgf wrote:If my sim or my simwife makes a cup of tea, they get a single cup which they drink then the cup disappears.  If a visiting sim makes tea they get a tray with four cups on it;  they drink one and the tray with the other three remains on the counter ...permanently.  I cannot throw this in the trash or recycle bin, nor put it in the sink, dishwasher, or trash compactor.  I can move the cups around - put them on the counter, floor, table, etc. - but that is all.  I tried going to Build/Buy mode but picking up one of these cups there I'm told it has zero value and cannot be deleted, using the sledgehammer on it also gets a 'cannot be deleted' message.

In two different games now I have counter space wasted by a tray of three steaming cups, in one case for about three sim-weeks (and they are still steaming ...as am I).

How do I get rid of these blasted cups and tray?

Game is V1.67 from this site with Ambitions and Seasons installed.

Hello,

Try this: press CTRL + SHIFT + C in-game, to open the cheat console. Now type testingcheatsenabled true and hit enter. Now hold the shift-key and click on the tea tray and each tea cup that appears undeleteable. There should be an option now that says "Object...". Select that option and you will get to another option named "Delete", if I recall correctly. Select that option too.

After which the item you shift-clicked on will get removed, usually at least.

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN ModeratorInspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, GTA IV, S.W.A.T. 4, Titanfall, Counter-Strike, Hitman: Absolution, Borderlands, Fallout 3 & New Vegas, Dishonored, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth.
Male Posts : 12274

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jgf on Thu 23 Apr 2015, 19:09

Thanks! Worked like a charm.

I'd used cheats sparingly so far, mainly to change clothing or, rarely, traits (I tend to take the NPCs as they come ...but my technophobe wife was severely cramping my TV time ...and in another game the last discovered trait of my fiancee was "slob", I just couldn't take her slurping rancid food from a bowl like a dog). Is there somewhere a comprehensive list of these cheats?

BTW, is mention of that beverage associated with Starbucks forbidden on this site? I actually deleted and rewrote my initial post when that word was replaced with "tea".

jgf
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Fri 29 May 2015, 14:16

@jgf wrote:Thanks!  Worked like a charm.

I'd used cheats sparingly so far, mainly to change clothing or, rarely, traits (I tend to take the NPCs as they come ...but my technophobe wife was severely cramping my TV time ...and in another game the last discovered trait of my fiancee was "slob", I just couldn't take her slurping rancid food from a bowl like a dog).  Is there somewhere a comprehensive list of these cheats?

BTW, is mention of that beverage associated with Starbucks forbidden on this site?  I actually deleted and rewrote my initial post when that word was replaced with "tea".

Sorry for the belated reply again,

There is one such guide on the forum here, though the text may be a bit "hard" to read (if that had been written by a team member, the text would probably have been made look better):
http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t15319-sims-3-cheat-guide

Beyond that, I'm sure you can find those guides via Google yourself, or maybe I will also have a go at it.

And yes, co.ffee is "forbidden" here (you can tweak those forum settings with the Administrator Control Panel, which was done by the Admin). Instead, you get tea. Very Happy

Btw, you can apply the same procedure I described with the tea mugs, for other uncomfortable situations that may occur in your Sims 3 game - burglars, the repo(wo)man, paparazzis, you name it. Even for preventing arrests by the police, though you might need to repeat the deleting several times, in order for the process to cancel out itself...

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN ModeratorInspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, GTA IV, S.W.A.T. 4, Titanfall, Counter-Strike, Hitman: Absolution, Borderlands, Fallout 3 & New Vegas, Dishonored, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth.
Male Posts : 12274

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anarchy on Fri 29 May 2015, 16:11

Waste of good mugs...

Anarchy
Posting Lord
Posting Lord

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Need For Speed series

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jgf on Mon 01 Jun 2015, 18:51

Thanks. I did find many of those online, as well as that typing help in the console lists many of them (though some descriptions are rather nebulous). And I see what you meant by hard to read, a bit of formatting would help.

Now I am curious. Why is the proper spelling of "kauphy" banned here?

"preventing arrests by the police"
You can get arrested in Sims 3?? For what? Do you go to jail? (In my one career in law enforcement - never again - I was never called to a crime, much less arrested anyone, the majority of my time was spent rummaging in trash cans, questioning people, and writing reports ...even after becoming the SuperSpy.)

jgf
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum