Mac Crack and Downloading Base Game

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Mac Crack and Downloading Base Game

Post by soeverafter on Tue 28 Apr 2015, 19:17

Hey, so a few months ago I had downloaded the sims 3 for my mac with no trouble whatsoever. Now though that I have to reinstall the base game I can't get any of the versions I've downloaded to work. Either they won't open, won't install, or simply refuses to co-operate. 

There was a file that I had used before that you just drag and drop into the applications folder, but the links I have for it are completely dead, does anyone know if this still exists? Thank you for any help:D

soeverafter
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mac Crack and Downloading Base Game

Post by callsim on Tue 28 Apr 2015, 21:10

I only trust downloads from G4TW (and have only used downloads from G4TW) so I guess try theirs? The site where you can get them is temporarily offline (site is accessible but downloads aren't working) so you'll have to wait a few days.

Where did you download your base game from?

Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Favourite games : The Sims 3, The Sims 2, GTA Vice City/San Andreas/Liberty City Stories, Tekken
Female Posts : 37

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe on Thu 11 Jun 2015, 08:29

Hello,

Except base game (which the working base is a reloaded version from PirateBay), I'd recommend you to use our site's expansion packs. They work for %100 and they are safe.

Taking care of the Forum
Forum Moderatrix Taking care of the Forum

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims series, Elder Scrolls Skyrim, The Walking Dead, Sacred I-II, Fables,Vampire Masquerade Bloodlines, Civilization, Don't Starve, Popmundo
Female Posts : 783

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tiptronic1881 on Mon 31 Aug 2015, 20:39

I had a few questions.

I currently have The Sims 3 bundle pack which I bought through Origin.

3 days ago I started to download the Expansion and Stuff packs from G4TW which was an amazing thing. Thanks you guys.

I installed Supernatural, Generations, Ambitions, Showtime, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future, Master Suite, Katy Perry, Diesel, and Movie stuff.  

Upon installing Town Life, my game went ape S@#T.  I tried trouble shooting with your forum posts on patching and Ultimate Fix and nothing.  I then tried to manually launch the game via TS3W.exe and I got an error that it couldn't because it was a windows exe file.  This only happened when Town Life was installed. Everything thing else was working fine till then.

I have uninstalled and lost everything and I am currently downloading my base game from Origin.

Lastly I read in on a forum post that you don't need to crack the expansions if you have the original base game is this true?  If not can you explain to me how to properly reinstall everything since I have lost weeks of playing my game because of this Town Life disaster.

Thanks.

tiptronic1881
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tiptronic1881 on Mon 31 Aug 2015, 21:33

One last question.  Once I mount the images in their drives do I have to keep the drives mounted after the installation is complete.  I read in another posted forum that you can delete the mounted drives once your expansion packs are installed.

tiptronic1881
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tiptronic1881 on Tue 01 Sep 2015, 21:37

I found this recently super reading through every post and thought this would help Mac like users like myself ..  I have O complaints about G4TW they are the bomb, so I am passing along valuable Mac install info..  Hope this helps everyone searching Mac install guide. This is the most recent guide released 1/25/2014

http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t15827-ultimate-fix-now-compatible-with-version-1-67-of-the-sims-3

Sim ON!!

tiptronic1881
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tiptronic1881 on Tue 01 Sep 2015, 23:32

@Phoebe 

Hey I was just wondering if you could point me in the right direction.  I keep getting mixed messages from various admins on here.  I am downloading the expansion packs via G4TW .  Currently I own or have through Origin Base Sim 3 Game and Late night, High-End Loft and Supernatural.  Some guides from 2011 from Dieneryn say only the base game takes a crack released 5/20/2013 then a different guide written by Dale released 1/25/2014 from here has a guide that has you crack everything including the base.  I am super confused as to which one to do.  You are the most recent poster for MAC on the forum so you advise would be much appreciated.

tiptronic1881
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe on Sun 13 Sep 2015, 19:49

Hello tiptornic1881,

First of all sory for really late reply, real life keeps me busy all the time. 

As I am mostly off, other helpers try to help with the best they can but sometimes of course they can (we can) be wrong as Mac has a really different way of working, especially when it comes to The Sims.

First of all, I'd advise you to download the The Sims 3 Complete Collection from G4TW downloads. Then you need to create .dmg files (If you don't know how to do it, you can get help from Dieneryn's old guide). 

After creating .dmgs, start installing the games. I advise you to crack your game using Manual Crack for Mac which you can find in this forum. Then start installing the expansion packs, when you are done with installing, crack your game via Manul Crack again and apply the Ultimate Fix (for MAC). 

For applying the fix, Extract the . rar file and go to “All expansion packs released after and including Generations" folder in this .rar file and copy both files then go to:

the Applications\The Sims 3\ folder and then right-click the The Sims 3 icon. Click "Show original". Now, click "Show package contents" and navigate to:
Contents/Resources/trangaming/c_Drive/Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Game/Bin/ and choose "Replace" on the pop-up that appears, telling you the files already exist.
After that, Now open the “# Crack” folder in this .rar file and apply both files in there by navigating to: Applications\The Sims 3\ folder and then right-click the The Sims 3 icon. Click "Show original". Now, click "Show package contents" and navigate to: Contents/Resources/trangaming/c_Drive/Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Game/Bin/ and choose "Replace" on the pop-up that appears, telling you the files already exist.

And your game should be ready for playing. Please follow these steps carefully and let me know the result.

Good luck!  The Sims Plumbob 1

Taking care of the Forum
Forum Moderatrix Taking care of the Forum

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims series, Elder Scrolls Skyrim, The Walking Dead, Sacred I-II, Fables,Vampire Masquerade Bloodlines, Civilization, Don't Starve, Popmundo
Female Posts : 783

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum