Hello! :D

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hello! :D

Post by MisanthropistGamer on Tue 28 Apr 2015, 20:23

Hello, everyone!

Nice to meet you all. I'm one of the new members of this forum and, before I start asking questions and looking for help, I thought I'd introduce myself. It's the polite thing to do, right? ^^

Well, I'm a Chilean woman who goes by the nickname of Misanthropist Gamer, when it comes to game-related stuff. I'm about to be 34 years old and I like playing games, but I can't say I'm a hardcore gamer. In fact, I only play a few things that I like and that don't wreck my nerves entirely. Oh my...

I arrived here because I downloaded a torrent that was supposed to be "all" of the Sims 3 discs, and the install instructions inside that torrent said that I had to come to the forum to get the latest version of a patch. So I came, I downloaded it and, since I saw all the many, many things you guys share and help people with, I decided to make an account and keep in touch, as much as possible. Smile At the same time, I realized that the torrent I had downloaded and that I was installing was NOT the really complete version of The Sims 3 and it only had until the University expansion pack... So I now found a really COMPLETE version that has the rest of the things and I'm downloading it as we speak.

So, yeah, I came here because of The Sims 3. I started playing The Sims a long time back, where there were only a few expansion packs for the original Sims. I loved the game and I still play it, and I've been curious about the newest versions of the game and all the new possibilities they have, but I'm currently unemployed so I can't really afford to buy the new games and all the expansions and stuff. Razz That's what made me start looking for them online, although I'm not all that savvy when it comes to running downloaded games that aren't "legal", so to speak. xD I'm not very good at figuring what's wrong when they stop working and whatnot, but... I thought I'd give it a try.

Besides The Sims, I like Atari games (particularly Pacman, River Raid and Mr. Do) and I enjoy playing the MMORPG Maple Story. I watch my sister play a lot of other games (specially, console games) and I enjoy watching them and helping her develop strategies or making maps or writing down things that we need for this boss or that. That's made me love games such as the Legend of Zelda series or the Final Fantasy series, as well as a game called Xenoblade Chronicles that's been all a discovery and which I've enjoyed very much watching her play. Smile

So, that's me. More often a watcher-of-videogames than a player of them, who from time to time tries to play The Sims, Maple Story or some emulated Atari 800XL games for old time's sake. ^^

I'm very happy to have found you, I hope I can give something back to the community eventually (specially if I actually manage to make The Sims 3 and all of its expansions work!) and nice to meet you all. ^_^

Best regards,
Misanthropist Gamer.

MisanthropistGamer
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, MapleStory
Female Posts : 11
Points : 973
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2015-04-28
Location : Chile

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello! :D

Post by Redwolf on Tue 28 Apr 2015, 20:41

I'm new too and Welcome to Games4theworld, Don't hesisate to ask us if you need any help  Very Happy
avatar
Redwolf
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 4
Points : 965
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2015-04-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello! :D

Post by MisanthropistGamer on Tue 28 Apr 2015, 20:47

@Redwolf wrote:I'm new too and Welcome to Games4theworld, Don't hesisate to ask us if you need any help  Very Happy

Hi there! Thanks for your reply and welcome you too, since you're new as well, hahaha. Wink

I'm already asking for help in The Sims 3 forums, so... Yeah. I've jumped right into it, LOL.

Thanks!

MisanthropistGamer
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, MapleStory
Female Posts : 11
Points : 973
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2015-04-28
Location : Chile

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello! :D

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ on Tue 28 Apr 2015, 21:53

Hello,

Welcome to the forum (both of you Very Happy )
That's right, just jump right in, never hesitate to ask us for help with your game. We have quite a number of sections, on and off topic, for all your sims-related needs. While we focus on The Sims series, we can also help you out with other pc and software related stuff. 

Have a good time at Games4theworld!

_________________
"Under sun and sky, we greet you warmly"
avatar
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum
Forum Administratrix First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 15118
Points : 20168
Reputation : 1459
Join date : 2011-05-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello! :D

Post by MisanthropistGamer on Tue 28 Apr 2015, 22:48

Lady ElDi wrote:Hello,

Welcome to the forum (both of you Very Happy )
That's right, just jump right in, never hesitate to ask us for help with your game. We have quite a number of sections, on and off topic, for all your sims-related needs. While we focus on The Sims series, we can also help you out with other pc and software related stuff. 

Have a good time at Games4theworld!

Thank you! Both for your warm welcoming message and for your help in my "help request" post. Carlos is tha man!!!

I'm continually amazed by the amount of information and help you guys have available around and the friendliness of the whole forum! it's so rare these days to find friendly communities that welcome newbies, help them out and don't just ask them to shut up and stop bugging! For me, at least. So, I'm incredibly happy of being a new member here and of having found you!

Thank you~ Cool

_________________
Misanthropist Gamer Why.

MisanthropistGamer
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, MapleStory
Female Posts : 11
Points : 973
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2015-04-28
Location : Chile

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello! :D

Post by Adwomin on Thu 30 Apr 2015, 16:27

Hi there,

Sorry for the late reply and welcome to the Games4theworld Forum!  I tip my fedora.
For some reason your introduction reminded me of Lady ElDi's.

As for the incomplete complete torrent, that probably wasn't ours? I can guarantee you that our "The Sims 3: The Complete Collection" has all expansion packs included.
And not to worry about problems: we're here to get those fixed for you.

@MisanthropistGamer wrote:I'm continually amazed by the amount of information and help you guys have available around and the friendliness of the whole forum! it's so rare these days to find friendly communities that welcome newbies, help them out and don't just ask them to shut up and stop bugging! For me, at least. So, I'm incredibly happy of being a new member here and of having found you!
Nice to meet you too, and remember, as long as you praise the almighty King Tea... you'll be fine. Tea can fix everything.  Haters gonna hate


Last edited by Admin on Sat 02 May 2015, 11:47; edited 1 time in total

_________________
Bonsoir, friend.


~ Nobody's gril. ~
avatar
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : GTA Series, Cities: Skylines, Prison Architect, Borderlands series
Female Posts : 19210
Points : 1026479
Reputation : 2259
Join date : 2010-03-12
Age : 16
Location : Del Perro Heights

View user profile https://www.games4theworld.org

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello! :D

Post by Redwolf on Fri 01 May 2015, 21:05

Thank you Lady Eidi & Admin & Misan Smile
avatar
Redwolf
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 4
Points : 965
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2015-04-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello! :D

Post by MisanthropistGamer on Thu 07 May 2015, 16:27

Admin wrote:Hi there,

Sorry for the late reply and welcome to the Games4theworld Forum!  I tip my fedora.
For some reason your introduction reminded me of Lady ElDi's.

As for the incomplete complete torrent, that probably wasn't ours? I can guarantee you that our "The Sims 3: The Complete Collection" has all expansion packs included.
And not to worry about problems: we're here to get those fixed for you.

@MisanthropistGamer wrote:I'm continually amazed by the amount of information and help you guys have available around and the friendliness of the whole forum! it's so rare these days to find friendly communities that welcome newbies, help them out and don't just ask them to shut up and stop bugging! For me, at least. So, I'm incredibly happy of being a new member here and of having found you!
Nice to meet you too, and remember, as long as you praise the almighty King Tea... you'll be fine. Tea can fix everything.  Haters gonna hate

Hi!

Thank you and sorry, too, for the late reply, hehehe. I got kinda busy (mostly, playing your amazing pack of The Sims 3, which kept me captive for many days, hahaha!) and couldn't come to reply until now.

Indeed, the incomplete pack wasn't yours, it was a pack that someone put together mixing some of your files (up to the expansions there were at the time, apparently) and other downloaded games. But I followed Lady ElDi's kind instructions and your main post regarding installing The Sims 3 and everything worked perfectly well. THANK YOU! Very Happy

As for tea, YES. Tea CAN fix everything. I truly believe that, so I think I'll be fine around here! Yay!

Thanks for your message and for this great forum. Good job!

_________________
Misanthropist Gamer Why.

MisanthropistGamer
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, MapleStory
Female Posts : 11
Points : 973
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2015-04-28
Location : Chile

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello! :D

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum