Sims 3 + expansions for MAC keeps crashing!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 + expansions for MAC keeps crashing!

Post by irismudde on Fri 15 May 2015, 13:48

Hello Games4theworld,

First of all, I'd like to thank you for your awesome website + downloads! :-)
However I have a problem with The sims 3, I've tried literally everything on your website, read and followed the "How to install The Sims 3 correctly" a thousand times, went trough all the forums but I still haven't found my answer. 
A couple of weeks ago I found your site and downloaded the expansion pack "pets" and "High end, loft stuff". At first it didn't work, but the fixed one did. I didn't download your version of the base game, because it worked on my own (not an original game, I downloaded it elsewhere a couple of years ago).
I enjoyed the expansion for a while but then I decided I wanted to have some more expansions, so I went and downloaded Ambitions and Late night.
So I followed all the stept in Late night but it didn't work (I installed ambitions first). Then I read that there's an order to install the expansions in, so I downloaded World Adventures and uninstalled and reinstalled all the expansion packs in order. However, it kept giving me all kinds of errors- sometimes it asks me if I want to "Rebug" it and sometimes it asks me for a disc. I tried adding the fix to it and updating it through the manual patch, but that didn't work either.
So after trying all that I uninstalled everything again, and downloaded YOUR base game, following the stept in the Installation Guide, reinstalling all the expansions in order and following the "How to install The Sims 3 correctly" steps again because it kept failing.
Now its still not working and every time I start the game, the launchpad works and when I hit play it does start but after a second my screen just goes black and I have to use f4 to close everything and then it says this: "Unable to start the game, initialization failed". I also noticed that even though I installed 6 expansion packs in the launchpad it only shows that I installed "Late Night" and "Pets". 
Please help me, I don't know what to do anymore, I've tried updating it and using the fix again but it keeps failing.
I would like to mention that I have a Macbook but that should not be the problem in this case, since I followed your Mac guide and that seemed to work for me the first time!

I thank you in advance for helping me with this problem! :-)

irismudde
Beginner
Beginner

Female Posts : 1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 3 + expansions for MAC keeps crashing!

Post by AlwaysSimming on Tue 19 May 2015, 05:30

How very strange...I have not had a problem with my install...have you tried manually uninstalling all of the applications by using App Cleaner? It finds all of the associated files that the installer puts in different parts of your HD to make The Sims 3 work. I would try finding the "extra" files and delete those to see if that would work. I hope everything works out! If not, please reply to this thread.

Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : All Sims Games, All Elder Scrolls Games, Mass Effect Trilogy
Male Posts : 72

View user profile