Dragon Valley-gold version wall coverings not showing up in-game

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dragon Valley-gold version wall coverings not showing up in-game

Post by It's-Fishy on Mon 25 May 2015, 14:03

Hi there Smile

As the title says the wall coverings from the store world Dragon Valley-gold version isn't showing in my game. I'm using a decrapified version which i unpacked via the sims3pack multi installer and i have put every file where it's supposed to go and converted the .package file with the world into a .world file. I even combined the other files with the help s3pe Smile

Now the thing is i have found the packages containing the wall coverings, they just aren't showing in game WhatDidUJustCallMe? I even tried having only those packages installed but that didn't help either. I also tried installing dragon valley through the launcher and before i went into the the game i checked the installed files to see if they where installed and they were but when i went into the game they weren't showing.

I've searched google for help but couldn't find an answer. I even searched here but no one seems to experience the same problem

I know they are there thanks to the simsvip site but they are only showing 5 wall coverings and i think that there are more than 5

If it something i can solve myself with the help of for example s3pe i like to know how Smile I mainly only use s3pe to combine packages files. I use s3oc to change the packages with since it's easier for me to understand because i find the turtorials for s3pe a bit confusing Oh my...

I have your newest store fix files installed Smile

I have also downloaded the objects only from the tumblr profile freesims-3 but the wall coverings isn't part of the download WhatDidUJustCallMe?

I'm new to the site, created my profile today so i can't provide any links for you Smile

Oh and one more thing i have no other downloads installed except the nointro and one that adds more collections icons to the ones that already exist, since I'm in the middle of creating collections folders for all of my downloads Smile

It's-Fishy
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dragon Valley-gold version wall coverings not showing up in-game

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Tue 26 May 2015, 20:46

@It's-Fishy wrote:Hi there Smile

As the title says the wall coverings from the store world Dragon Valley-gold version isn't showing in my game. I'm using a decrapified version which i unpacked via the sims3pack multi installer and i have put every file where it's supposed to go and converted the .package file with the world into a .world file. I even combined the other files with the help s3pe Smile

(...)

Hello and welcome,

Why did you do that ? Why did you "unpack" a .sims3pack file and even messed with the .package file of a world ? Did you just try installing the .sims3pack of the world, with the launcher ?

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN ModeratorInspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, GTA IV, S.W.A.T. 4, Titanfall, Counter-Strike, Hitman: Absolution, Borderlands, Fallout 3 & New Vegas, Dishonored, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth.
Male Posts : 12274

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by It's-Fishy on Tue 26 May 2015, 23:01

Hi and thank you Smile

I have actually written in the post that i tried that, read the second part of my thread that starts with "Now the thing is..."

There is a tutorial on the modthesims site that shows you how to install a world without the use of the launcher(i don't like using the launcher) and it says that after unpacking the sims3pack that you should find the file containing the world and rename it to worldname.world and then put it in this folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\GameData\Shared\NonPackaged\Worlds and put the other files in your mods folder like you would any other package files Smile

But i unpack all my sims3packs and then combine them in order to save space and decrease lag in-game among other things Smile

It's-Fishy
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Wed 27 May 2015, 01:41

@It's-Fishy wrote:Hi and thank you Smile

I have actually written in the post that i tried that, read the second part of my thread that starts with "Now the thing is..."

There is a tutorial on the modthesims site that shows you how to install a world without the use of the launcher(i don't like using the launcher) and it says that after unpacking the sims3pack that you should find the file containing the world and rename it to worldname.world and then put it in this folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\GameData\Shared\NonPackaged\Worlds and put the other files in your mods folder like you would any other package files Smile

But i unpack all my sims3packs and then combine them in order to save space and decrease lag in-game among other things Smile

OK sorry, but that doesn't come across as clearly. Still: why do you think that the wall covering doesn't show up ? The thing you did with the .sims3pack is nothing new to me; I tried similar things in the past already, with no success.

I don't know what "tutorial" you saw (nor do I bother), but you can try this solution:
http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t2208-sims3pack-installed-world-inaccessible-or-wont-install-fix

And then re-install the world .sims3pack with the launcher (!). And please this time don't mess with any other methods. See if the world shows up properly and all the things that come along with it too. 

For the future, please note that complex solutions (like that "tutorial" that you seemingly read) are rarely good. There is no need for this kind of stuff. 

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN ModeratorInspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, GTA IV, S.W.A.T. 4, Titanfall, Counter-Strike, Hitman: Absolution, Borderlands, Fallout 3 & New Vegas, Dishonored, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth.
Male Posts : 12274

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum