The game doesn't open, no error message either

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The game doesn't open, no error message either

Post by catsnacks on Fri 29 May 2015, 02:16

So I downloaded Sims 4 today and ended up reinstalling because I got the "Unable to start: Origin is not currently running" error. After reinstalling, I downloaded GTW and applied the Ultimate Fix. I no longer have the Origin error but now the game doesn't start at all, and there is no error message either. When I double click the icon, nothing happens at all.

Everything was downloaded from G4TW. I followed all the instructions included in the Ultimate Fix and added anything Sims 4 related to the exceptions list in Avast. Sims 4 is on the list of allowed programs for Windows Firewall. Windows Defender is turned off. I also turned off Avast before reinstalling and is still turned off at the time of me trying to open the game, if that makes any difference.

catsnacks
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The game doesn't open, no error message either

Post by zher on Mon 22 Jun 2015, 08:26

i have the same problem  Why. please help!!

zher
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The game doesn't open, no error message either

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Wed 24 Jun 2015, 03:06

@catsnacks wrote:So I downloaded Sims 4 today and ended up reinstalling because I got the "Unable to start: Origin is not currently running" error. After reinstalling, I downloaded GTW and applied the Ultimate Fix. I no longer have the Origin error but now the game doesn't start at all, and there is no error message either. When I double click the icon, nothing happens at all.

Everything was downloaded from G4TW. I followed all the instructions included in the Ultimate Fix and added anything Sims 4 related to the exceptions list in Avast. Sims 4 is on the list of allowed programs for Windows Firewall. Windows Defender is turned off. I also turned off Avast before reinstalling and is still turned off at the time of me trying to open the game, if that makes any difference.

Hello and welcome to the forum,

Please re-download the crack-only, here:
bit.ly 1dL2nT0

Extract the files with WinRAR, and copy + paste them to the location C:\Program files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Game\Bin. When prompted, replace all existing files (overwrite them).

Now re-start the game again.

Forum rules // Forum FAQ // G4TW downloads // Sims store, guides & more (beta) // G4TW on Piratebay

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4

Please post game issues on the Forum only. For more general questions about site navigation, you may also e-mail me !

The_gh0stm4n
Supervising Moderator
Inspector General & Chief of Staff
Supervising ModeratorInspector General & Chief of Staff

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, GTA IV, S.W.A.T. 4, Titanfall, Counter-Strike, Hitman: Absolution, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Antibirth & Afterbirth †
Male Posts : 13478

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum