Problem updating. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Problem updating. [SOLVED]

Post by Mentality on Fri 29 May 2015, 17:47

I experienced a problem trying to install the latest update. It didn't show up as a rare file. It showed up as an application, which installed a lot of malware on my PC. I have winrar, and it's set to recognize rar files. I turned off my malware and anti-virus before attempting to download, in case any false positives would show up. I don't know what went wrong. I got the download through the Fixes section just like the previous ones.

Mentality

Last edited by Mentality on Fri 29 May 2015, 22:25; edited 5 times in total
Mentality
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Problem updating. [SOLVED]

Post by Keyenpeydee on Fri 29 May 2015, 18:49

@Mentality wrote:I experienced a problem trying to install the latest update. It didn't show up as a rare file. It showed up as an application, which installed a lot of malware on my PC. I have winrar, and it's set to recognize rar files. I turned off my malware and anti-virus before attempting to download, in case any false positives would show up. I don't know what went wrong. I got the download through the Fixes section just like the previous ones.

Mentality

Hello and welcome to the forum!

Are you sure you download it from our website here

We don't experience any malware or virus installing the ultimate fix. Try redownloading it. You should have redirected to other website cause by website viruses. (You should scan your pc first before attempting to redownload it) 

Goodluck and Happy Simming! 
Keyenpeydee
Posting Lord
Posting Lord

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 4, The Sims 3, The Sims 4, The Sims 3, The Sims 4, The Sims 3, The Sims 4, The Sims 3,
Male Posts : 244

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mentality on Fri 29 May 2015, 20:11

Yep. I'm absolutely positive on what I experienced. I got it from the links posted in the Fixes section. Tried several times, and each time afterwards I did a scan to clean up the infection, only to have it happen again when I tried to install it. I don't understand what, but something different happened when I tried to get this update. I thought it was supposed to show up as a rar file, but it didn't this time. I really want that update though.

Mentality

Last edited by Mentality on Fri 29 May 2015, 22:24; edited 3 times in total
Mentality
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mentality on Fri 29 May 2015, 22:22

Well I figured out one thing. The problem came from clicking on one of the mirror links. I should have stuck with clicking on the torrent link, cause there wasn't any problems with that one. It showed up as a rar file as usual, not an app asking to be installed. Hope you other players on reading this. Stick with the torrent link.

Mentality
Mentality
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Keyenpeydee on Sat 30 May 2015, 03:25

@Mentality wrote:Well I figured out one thing. The problem came from clicking on one of the mirror links. I should have stuck with clicking on the torrent link, cause there wasn't any problems with that one. It showed up as a rar file as usual, not an app asking to be installed. Hope you other players on reading this. Stick with the torrent link.

Mentality

Do You Still need help? If you fixed the issue, well, good for you. Have Fun and Good luck! 
Keyenpeydee
Posting Lord
Posting Lord

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 4, The Sims 3, The Sims 4, The Sims 3, The Sims 4, The Sims 3, The Sims 4, The Sims 3,
Male Posts : 244

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mentality on Sat 30 May 2015, 03:36

No, not at this point. Thanks.  Smile

Mentality

Mod edit: problem solved, topic closed.

- Carlos
Mentality
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum