Strange Graphics Issue [CLOSED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Strange Graphics Issue [CLOSED]

Post by Snarebear on Fri 29 May 2015, 18:17

I installed The Sims 4, GtW, The Ultimate Fix (In this order)

The game works but...

The road is covered in psychedelic tiles with green question marks. I can't seem to attach my screenshot.

Snarebear
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • .

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male Posts : 12
Points : 831
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2015-05-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Strange Graphics Issue [CLOSED]

Post by Keyenpeydee on Fri 29 May 2015, 18:44

@Snarebear wrote:I installed The Sims 4, GtW, The Ultimate Fix (In this order)

The game works but...

The road is covered in psychedelic tiles with green question marks. I can't seem to attach my screenshot.

Try to higher your graphics, It should fix most of the graphics issue. 


Or are you sure that you meet the minimun requirements, which you can found it here!


Good luck and Happy Simming! Smile
avatar
Keyenpeydee
Posting Lord
Posting Lord

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 4, The Sims 3, The Sims 4, The Sims 3, The Sims 4, The Sims 3, The Sims 4, The Sims 3,
Male Posts : 242
Points : 1266
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2015-01-28
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Strange Graphics Issue [CLOSED]

Post by Snarebear on Fri 29 May 2015, 23:13

Tried an adjustment and it's still there.
Attachments
05-29-15_8-53 AM.png You don't have permission to download attachments.(773 Kb) Downloaded 6 times

Snarebear
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • .

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male Posts : 12
Points : 831
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2015-05-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Strange Graphics Issue [CLOSED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Mon 01 Jun 2015, 21:18

@Snarebear wrote:Tried an adjustment and it's still there.


Hello,

Look in your options menu for something like "laptop mode". Have you tried experimenting with that option ? Try turning it on or off, just to see if either way seems to change anything in your game. Also, did you encounter this error before in your Sims 4 game ? When did it start to happen ?
avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14104
Points : 18712
Reputation : 1989
Join date : 2012-11-02
Age : 30
Location : San Fierro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Strange Graphics Issue [CLOSED]

Post by Snarebear on Mon 01 Jun 2015, 21:46

Carlos wrote:
@Snarebear wrote:Tried an adjustment and it's still there.


Hello,

Look in your options menu for something like "laptop mode". Have you tried experimenting with that option ? Try turning it on or off, just to see if either way seems to change anything in your game. Also, did you encounter this error before in your Sims 4 game ? When did it start to happen ?
I'll try that. This issue didn't show until after I installed Get to Work and The Ulti fix.

Snarebear
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • .

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male Posts : 12
Points : 831
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2015-05-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Strange Graphics Issue [CLOSED]

Post by Snarebear on Mon 01 Jun 2015, 23:25

Tried laptop mode and no dice. Its on plates, my phone. Weird.

Snarebear
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • .

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male Posts : 12
Points : 831
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2015-05-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Strange Graphics Issue [CLOSED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Thu 04 Jun 2015, 23:26

@Snarebear wrote:Tried laptop mode and no dice. Its on plates, my phone. Weird.


Please press the Windows key + R, and in the window that comes up type dxdiag. Now hit enter. In the next window, navigate to the tab named "Display". Please make a screenshot of that whole Display-tab and post it here, then we'll see further.
avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14104
Points : 18712
Reputation : 1989
Join date : 2012-11-02
Age : 30
Location : San Fierro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Strange Graphics Issue [CLOSED]

Post by Snarebear on Fri 05 Jun 2015, 03:31

Carlos wrote:
@Snarebear wrote:Tried laptop mode and no dice. Its on plates, my phone. Weird.


Please press the Windows key + R, and in the window that comes up type dxdiag. Now hit enter. In the next window, navigate to the tab named "Display". Please make a screenshot of that whole Display-tab and post it here, then we'll see further.

Snarebear
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • .

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male Posts : 12
Points : 831
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2015-05-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Strange Graphics Issue [CLOSED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Fri 05 Jun 2015, 20:25

@Snarebear wrote:


Alright, thanks. Try downloading a newer driver, from here (for example):

https://driverscollection.com/?H=Radeon%20HD%207570&By=AMD



Download and install that thing. Normally, that should be pretty straightforward but feel free to post back if you encounter issues there. And after that driver install re-start the game and see if you notice any differences. Good luck !
avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14104
Points : 18712
Reputation : 1989
Join date : 2012-11-02
Age : 30
Location : San Fierro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Strange Graphics Issue [CLOSED]

Post by Snarebear on Sat 06 Jun 2015, 07:21

Carlos wrote:
@Snarebear wrote:


Alright, thanks. Try downloading a newer driver, from here (for example):

https://driverscollection.com/?H=Radeon%20HD%207570&By=AMD



Download and install that thing. Normally, that should be pretty straightforward but feel free to post back if you encounter issues there. And after that driver install re-start the game and see if you notice any differences. Good luck !
I'll give it a go. Thank you.

Snarebear
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • .

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male Posts : 12
Points : 831
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2015-05-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Strange Graphics Issue [CLOSED]

Post by Snarebear on Sat 06 Jun 2015, 19:52

Update: I installed the driver with no issue but the problem persists. I'm puzzled, to say the least. PWND

Snarebear
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • .

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male Posts : 12
Points : 831
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2015-05-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Strange Graphics Issue [CLOSED]

Post by coolcandy3001 on Sat 06 Jun 2015, 21:25

This happens with missing textures. It happens more often with CC though.
Try redownloading GTW and reapplying it.
avatar
coolcandy3001
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims, Animal Crossing WW & NL, Tomodachi Life, Sonic Adventure 2, The Dog Island, Minecraft, Terraria & *Many more*
Female Posts : 333
Points : 1298
Reputation : 67
Join date : 2015-04-02
Age : 16
Location : UK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Strange Graphics Issue [CLOSED]

Post by Snarebear on Sat 06 Jun 2015, 22:36

@coolcandy3001 wrote:This happens with missing textures. It happens more often with CC though.
Try redownloading GTW and reapplying it.
Thanks, I'll try that. I don't have any CC. I can't think of what else it could be.

Snarebear
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • .

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male Posts : 12
Points : 831
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2015-05-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Strange Graphics Issue [CLOSED]

Post by Snarebear on Sat 06 Jun 2015, 23:20

@Snarebear wrote:
@coolcandy3001 wrote:This happens with missing textures. It happens more often with CC though.
Try redownloading GTW and reapplying it.
Thanks, I'll try that. I don't have any CC. I can't think of what else it could be.
Update: I re-applied both GtW and TUF but it's still there. Wow.

Snarebear
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • .

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male Posts : 12
Points : 831
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2015-05-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Strange Graphics Issue [CLOSED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 06 Jun 2015, 23:27

@Snarebear wrote:Update: I re-applied both GtW and TUF but it's still there. Wow.


Indeed: wow. The only idea I have is this: what program did you use for extracting the Get to Work/Ultimate fix .RAR downloads ?
avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14104
Points : 18712
Reputation : 1989
Join date : 2012-11-02
Age : 30
Location : San Fierro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Strange Graphics Issue [CLOSED]

Post by Snarebear on Sun 07 Jun 2015, 04:08

Carlos wrote:
@Snarebear wrote:Update: I re-applied both GtW and TUF but it's still there. Wow.


Indeed: wow. The only idea I have is this: what program did you use for extracting the Get to Work/Ultimate fix .RAR downloads ?
7-Zip

Snarebear
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • .

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male Posts : 12
Points : 831
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2015-05-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Strange Graphics Issue [CLOSED]

Post by Snarebear on Mon 08 Jun 2015, 00:29

Update: I re-installed the base and GtW and all is well. I also switched to WinRaR.

Many thanks for your help. Carlos is tha man!!!

Snarebear
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • .

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male Posts : 12
Points : 831
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2015-05-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Strange Graphics Issue [CLOSED]

Post by SeoY on Mon 08 Jun 2015, 22:59

@Snarebear wrote:Update: I re-installed the base and GtW and all is well. I also switched to WinRaR.

Many thanks for your help. Carlos is tha man!!!

Thanks for letting is know how you fixed the problem! This will be helpful in the future.

Problem solved, topic closed. Glad that the game is working correctly now. Have fun! Very Happy

_________________
"The capital lies before us my friend. What a sombre place it seems and one that holds the answers to many a mystery." - Quirrel.


"Isn't this a wonderful spot for a rest? I so love the sound of the rain upon glass."
avatar
SeoY
Minecraft Moderator
MC Wizard & Keeper of the Realm
Minecraft Moderator MC Wizard & Keeper of the Realm

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Hollow Knight, Dishonored, Bioshock Infinite, Bioshock 1-2, The Sims series, Terraria, Metro 2033, Metro: Last Light, Batman: Arkham series, Ōkami, Metal Gear Solid series, The Binding of Isaac, Silent Hill, Ace Attorney, Civilization V, Portal 2, Minecraft
Male Posts : 1726
Points : 3644
Reputation : 298
Join date : 2013-10-12
Age : 21
Location : City of Tears

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum