Sims 3 - Sliders Not Working

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 - Sliders Not Working

Post by Simstatic on Mon 12 Sep 2011, 17:53

Hi, I installed Generations and Town Life, applied the fix and I have no problems playing the game, however I use sliders in my game and I have all the correct mods including the slider hack that allows for more sliders and they have all been updated for the latest 1.24 patch and my sliders don't work. I have been playing Sims for years and have learn't the hard way and so I never patch until my mods have been updated for the patch so it is definitely not a outdated mod.

What I have noticed is that even though I am patched to 1.24, when I open the Launcher and hover the mouse over each EP they are not all updated to their individual latest patches.

I now want to update them (I have the patches) but am not sure how to do it. Must I replace all the games original TS3 and TSL hosts again (including the Base game) and then patch and then reapply the fix in the Base game?

Any help with this would be much appreciated.

Thank you. Smile

EDIT:

I have all EP's and SP's.

Last edited by Simstatic on Mon 12 Sep 2011, 17:55; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added some information.)

Simstatic
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 3 - Sliders Not Working

Post by Adwomin on Mon 12 Sep 2011, 22:28

Hello,

Well, re-applying the Fix should do the trick.
The versions should be as following:

A wise Admin once wrote:28-07-2011: Fix is now working with The Sims 3 version 1.24.3/2.17.2/3.13.1/4.0.87/5.0.44/6.0.81/7.0.55/8.0.152/9.0.73 (Town Life Stuff added)

~ Nobody's gril. ~
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : GTA Series, Cities: Skylines, Prison Architect, Borderlands series
Female Posts : 19211

View user profile https://www.games4theworld.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Simstatic on Tue 13 Sep 2011, 10:05

Admin wrote:Hello,

Well, re-applying the Fix should do the trick.
The versions should be as following:

A wise Admin once wrote:28-07-2011: Fix is now working with The Sims 3 version 1.24.3/2.17.2/3.13.1/4.0.87/5.0.44/6.0.81/7.0.55/8.0.152/9.0.73 (Town Life Stuff added)

Hi, thanks for answering. I must admit I am a bit confused now. Embarassed I downloaded the latest fix (including Town Life Stuff) and applied everything as shown on your video and the game works well with no crashing etc (I can play the game with no problems in the neighbourhood) except for the sliders and I have noticed that all the sliders where the skins are (muscle definition etc were also missing and I also could not put blush on my sim in CAS). I then had a look at my patch levels and they are not up to date (and nor are yours according to your quote above). I have taken a pic of what my patches are and what they should be: 4shared.com/photo/WYIffP3f/Sims_3_Patches.html?

Please don't think I am trying to be rude, Smile I just don't understand about the patches. Surely each EP and SP should be updated to it's latest patch?

When reapplying the fix do I just put the crack in the Town Life Stuff & Generations folder into the basegame The Sims 3\Game\Bin folder.

Some extra information: I already had all the games installed (and they were already patched to the level that you will see on my attached picture) except Generations and Town Life Stuff which I downloaded from G4TW and I installed them, updated and then applied the fix.

I really hope that I am making sense here lol!

Thanks for all you do for us, it is much appreciated. Smile

Simstatic
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ on Tue 13 Sep 2011, 12:20

Hello,
I just checked my own launcher for individual pack versions and mine don't match yours, nor do they match all of the versions the fix is supposed to support. Weird.
I'm not sure you should install these updates until it can be verified that the crack still works, unless you want to be the first to test it Very Happy.

☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum
Forum Administratrix First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 15112

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Simstatic on Tue 13 Sep 2011, 13:26

Lady ElDi wrote:Hello,
unless you want to be the first to test it Very Happy.

lol! I don't mind. I think I will do that, however do I first replace all the original files back into folders, update, and then apply the fix (crack) to Basegame?

As soon as I know exactly how to do this, I will and then report back to you for future reference. Also if it doesn't work then what must I do?

Simstatic
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ on Tue 13 Sep 2011, 13:39

Hello,
Yes I think you should do exactly that. Not sure what you should do if it doesn't work, I would back up your save games for sure. I don't think you can un-patch the game. If it doesn't work, you'd have to find a crack that does, re install the game, or restore your windows to an earlier configurations, so it may be wise to create a reference point.

☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum
Forum Administratrix First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 15112

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adwomin on Tue 13 Sep 2011, 17:25

Hello,

Let me check the versions of my launcher and update the post. I don't know, the versions of the expansions keep changing without an update somehow. (Silent updates perhaps)

~ Nobody's gril. ~
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : GTA Series, Cities: Skylines, Prison Architect, Borderlands series
Female Posts : 19211

View user profile https://www.games4theworld.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Simstatic on Tue 13 Sep 2011, 18:02

Ok thanks. I will wait until I hear from you before updating anything. Smile

Simstatic
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top