Origin...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Origin...

Post by chill6300 on Sun 31 May 2015, 17:21

Dear Admin/moderator/Helper,

Whenever I tried to launcher the Sims 4 I always receive the error "Failed to Start: Please make sure Origin is running before attempting to play The Sims 4."

I'm stuck with what to do, I've tried all the steps found in the help guides, even turning off my anti-viruses and firewalls!
For reference, I'm running Windows 8.1 W/ BD Total Security 2015

chill6300
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Origin...

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Mon 01 Jun 2015, 20:39

@chill6300 wrote:Dear Admin/moderator/Helper,

Whenever I tried to launcher the Sims 4 I always receive the error "Failed to Start: Please make sure Origin is running before attempting to play The Sims 4."

I'm stuck with what to do, I've tried all the steps found in the help guides, even turning off my anti-viruses and firewalls!
For reference, I'm running Windows 8.1 W/ BD Total Security 2015

Hello and welcome to the forum,

You see, the thing is that you are NOT supposed to turn off the stuff. You must configure it properly; some anti-virus programs simply cannot be turned off. See this here:
http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t18501-unable-to-start-initialization-error-at-startup-updated-on-6-3-2015

If you really cannot do this kind of stuff, you might want to try un-installing your anti-virus, and then re-booting the computer. And after the re-boot, re-download the latest Ultimate fix again, and re-apply the files. See if the game works then ! 

G4TW Forum rules // G4TW Forum FAQ // G4TW Downloads // G4TW on ThePiratebay

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14830

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by chill6300 on Wed 03 Jun 2015, 18:47

Ok Thanks for that Advice, I'm going to download the ultimate fix/base game in a virtual machine as I already have all that virtual machine stuffs setup. Smile

If your interested, its going to be a clean install of Win 8.1 Very Happy

chill6300
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: