Game now wont launch...do I need to uninstall my original games to use downloaded expansions?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Game now wont launch...do I need to uninstall my original games to use downloaded expansions?

Post by lace5285 on Sun 31 May 2015, 21:48

Hi,

I already owned and had installed the sims 3 base game and several expansions. I've now downloaded and installed the rest of the expansions but now there is a game error during start up. 

I followed all the instructions regarding the installation of expansions and moving the TS3W and .dll files but I don't know if this error has occurred because I did not use the downloaded cracked base game.

Do I need to uninstall everything and use the cracked version or can I get round it? 

Thanks

Edit: I have also already tried the 'ultimate fix' to no avail
Edit 2: I have also already checked my registry (with ccleaner)

lace5285
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game now wont launch...do I need to uninstall my original games to use downloaded expansions?

Post by Sim Architect on Mon 01 Jun 2015, 16:12

Hi! Welcome to the Forum!

You can "mix & match" original with pirate, as long you crack everything properly and do all the updates necessary to have your game running properly.

Please, if you have some time (you can jump the repetitive stuff, since I install every expansion pack in it, one by one), take a look at the video below and/or the link after, so you can check which steps you missed or, if you prefer, just uninstall everything (remember to backup/rename your Sims folder inside your Documents BEFORE), restart the PC and install everything as instructed for a more "standard" install (origin will install files at different folders, for example, which makes it a bit more tricky to crack the game and apply some fixes).

Games4theWorld Install Sims 3

Tea 5 Tea 5

The Sim Architect

It was nice being here. I will be away for a while...

Sim Architect
Entertainer
I'll make you smile
Entertainer I'll make you smile

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male Posts : 1851

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top