Need help with installing

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Need help with installing

Post by kamilo998 on Tue 02 Jun 2015, 11:07

Okay so, I have downloaded The Sims 4 from the games4theworld.org website I tried to run it but i had an error while it was opening, I tried the firewall, antivirus etc. but still not working. So I have downloaded the Ultimate Fix and Im downloading Get to Work right now. Which one should I install first into my Sims 4? the fix or the Get to work? so my game works perfectly/normally

kamilo998
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Need help with installing

Post by kendrakitty on Tue 02 Jun 2015, 11:41

I advise you to install Get To Work first, otherwise you will have to apply the fix all over again!
kendrakitty
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims, Sims, Sims, Sims
Female Posts : 12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adwomin on Tue 02 Jun 2015, 11:52

Hi there!

Can you kindly post a screenshot of that error?
As for the installation order, if you want everything: The Sims 4 > Get to Work > Ultimate Fix (Which will update everything to the latest version, and add all DLCs)

~ Nobody's gril. ~
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : GTA Series, Cities: Skylines, Prison Architect, Borderlands series
Female Posts : 19211

View user profile https://www.games4theworld.org

Back to top Go down

Post by kamilo998 on Tue 02 Jun 2015, 12:40

Im not home atm but I found the error on Google its the intilization error to startup

//EDIT

I got home for lunch, i extracted the Get to work, and the ultimate fix.. it all looked nice and cool, but when i tried to run the game i had origin error saying i need it running before i can open the game.. i did look through the forum and found some people having the same problem and as one person said, i did do the antivirus adding of files, the firewall, the windows defender but no luck.. I hope there is a fix around this RATHER than re-downloading the sims the fix and the get to work... or wiping my WHOLE PC just to get it working... if there is a way please help me and thanks for any help that is given

PS: i cant uninstall and reinstall my antivirus as i got a 250days left of it (which i need a code to activate it) and i can only get a code once a year.

kamilo998
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adwomin on Tue 02 Jun 2015, 18:48

Hi there,

When did you download the Ultimate Fix? The latest version of the Ultimate Fix should do the trick...

P.S. You can use the same activation code to re-activate it after reinstalling it.

~ Nobody's gril. ~
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : GTA Series, Cities: Skylines, Prison Architect, Borderlands series

Back to top Go down

Post by kamilo998 on Tue 02 Jun 2015, 18:54

i downloaded it over the night (from 1st june to 2nd june)

kamilo998
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adwomin on Tue 02 Jun 2015, 18:59

@kamilo998 wrote:i downloaded it over the night (from 1st june to 2nd june)
Hi,

Can you kindly post a screenshot of C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Game\Bin ?
Preferably in "Details" view mode.

~ Nobody's gril. ~
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Back to top Go down

Post by kamilo998 on Tue 02 Jun 2015, 19:28

Btw it looks like im using mac but im not Very Happy its windows 7 but with mac theme

kamilo998
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Wed 03 Jun 2015, 09:14

@kamilo998 wrote:
PS: i cant uninstall and reinstall my antivirus as i got a 250days left of it (which i need a code to activate it) and i can only get a code once a year.

From now on, please stick to THIS topic only (you also started posting about this in another thread here). Smile  And yes, you might still want to consider getting rid of your anti-virus. Or you figure out how to configure the exclusions properly, because that's all what matters for this issue. 

In the meantime, I uploaded the crack only, here:
bit.ly 1dL2nT0

Copy & paste those files into C:\Program files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Game\Bin. When prompted, overwrite the existing files. But honestly...I doubt this will work for you, since your firewall and/or exclusions are not set up correctly. Tip: look if your anti-virus has a firewall, and if it overrides the default firewall in your Windows system. You can either configure exclusions for that anti-virus firewall "separately"...or you turn off that anti-virus firewall.

If you absolutely cannot get it working then please acknowledge that there isn't much else I can do about it, sorry. 
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14087

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kamilo998 on Wed 03 Jun 2015, 10:11

Carlos wrote:
@kamilo998 wrote:

From now on, please stick to THIS topic only (you also started posting about this in another thread here). Smile  And yes, you might still want to consider getting rid of your anti-virus. Or you figure out how to configure the exclusions properly, because that's all what matters for this issue. 

In the meantime, I uploaded the crack only, here:
------------

Copy & paste those files into C:\Program files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Game\Bin. When prompted, overwrite the existing files. But honestly...I doubt this will work for you, since your firewall and/or exclusions are not set up correctly. Tip: look if your anti-virus has a firewall, and if it overrides the default firewall in your Windows system. You can either configure exclusions for that anti-virus firewall "separately"...or you turn off that anti-virus firewall.

If you absolutely cannot get it working then please acknowledge that there isn't much else I can do about it, sorry. 

I will try the crack you have sent me, if that doesnt work i will try few more things. About the antivirus i added all the folders inside "the sims 4" folder which are Launcher, Game, etc... (the G...numbers...) which came from the expansions. And i have added the launcher which opens the game to my firewall maybe the problem is with my antivirus cuz my antivirus takes control over my firewall which means i need to turn off that option in my antivirus to add programs into my firewall... ill try turning that option off and see if that is the problem...

Also ups sorry Very Happy its just i saw someone with the same problem though maybe someone will give an answer on that threat rather than mine Very Happy just in case im sorry and thank you very much for all the help you @Carlos and @Admin gave me

//EDIT

Okay so as the title says im tryin to install the expansion packs i mean the Get to Work and later the ultimate fix.. but i find that the Get to Work has a Delta folder and EP01, FP01 and GP01 but i have no clue where these have to go... do they just go into my The Sims 4 folder? or do i have to manually put each file into its correct folder? cuz i really got confused

kamilo998
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Wed 03 Jun 2015, 23:56

@kamilo998 wrote://EDIT

Okay so as the title says im tryin to install the expansion packs i mean the Get to Work and later the ultimate fix.. but i find that the Get to Work has a Delta folder and EP01, FP01 and GP01 but i have no clue where these have to go... do they just go into my The Sims 4 folder? or do i have to manually put each file into its correct folder? cuz i really got confused

Again, please stick to ONE THREAD only. Smile  Instead of opening new topics. Especially since you still seem to have the same issue. Just keep all the discussion here, and that should do.

It might look confusing yes, because the GP01 folder is "new" for the Get to Work expansion, but still: everything that is inside the expansion download, goes inside your Program files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4-folder.
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14087

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kamilo998 on Thu 04 Jun 2015, 00:04

so your saying that the GP EP and delta folders should be inside The sims 4 folder with _Launcher, Game, Support folders? which means ill have more than i believe 4/5folders in my sims4 folder cuz of the expansions? (sorry if im confusing you.. i confused my self also) no idea how to word it to make it sound better

Seems like i wont be able to play sims 4... uninstalled antivirus, turned off firewall, turned off windows defender.. and i still get the origin error oh well Sad i hope other people dont get this problem and will be able to play it, @Carlos thank you for all your help you gave me for the past 2/3days

kamilo998
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adwomin on Thu 04 Jun 2015, 00:27

Hi there,

Yes, all those folders are supposed to be there.
This is my folder with The Sims 4 base game, Get to Work and the Ultimate Fix:

~ Nobody's gril. ~
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Back to top Go down

Post by kamilo998 on Thu 04 Jun 2015, 00:36

@Admin thanks, tho i cant get the game to work... i might wait for even newer Ultimate Fix and see if that will help in the future

kamilo998
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum