Problems With GTW: game won't load. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Problems With GTW: game won't load. [SOLVED]

Post by alyssaisdumb on Sat 06 Jun 2015, 21:22

Hello!

I am extremely new and this is my first time posting.

Anyways, I recently downloaded the GTW expansion pack and followed the installation guide. Tried running the game, and it didn't work. Then, I tried to reapply the ultimate fix, in hopes that it would get rid of my problems (I looked at several threads in the forums before posting to see if more people were experiencing the same problem, they did, and normally this would fix it). However, I am still getting the same error message as I was before.

avatar
alyssaisdumb
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 19
Points : 783
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2015-06-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Problems With GTW: game won't load. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 06 Jun 2015, 23:29

@alyssaisdumb wrote:Hello!

I am extremely new and this is my first time posting.

Anyways, I recently downloaded the GTW expansion pack and followed the installation guide. Tried running the game, and it didn't work. Then, I tried to reapply the ultimate fix, in hopes that it would get rid of my problems (I looked at several threads in the forums before posting to see if more people were experiencing the same problem, they did, and normally this would fix it). However, I am still getting the same error message as I was before.



Hello and welcome to the forum,

Navigate to Documents/Electronic Arts and find a older named "The Sims 4": change the name of the folder into anything you like. Now re-start the game, start afresh with a new save (for now) and see if you can play on that way. Good luck !
avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Titanfall, Counter-Strike, Hitman: Absolution, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 13755
Points : 18229
Reputation : 1918
Join date : 2012-11-02
Age : 30
Location : The Situation Room

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Problems With GTW: game won't load. [SOLVED]

Post by alyssaisdumb on Sun 07 Jun 2015, 20:07

Carlos wrote:
@alyssaisdumb wrote:Hello!

I am extremely new and this is my first time posting.

Anyways, I recently downloaded the GTW expansion pack and followed the installation guide. Tried running the game, and it didn't work. Then, I tried to reapply the ultimate fix, in hopes that it would get rid of my problems (I looked at several threads in the forums before posting to see if more people were experiencing the same problem, they did, and normally this would fix it). However, I am still getting the same error message as I was before.



Hello and welcome to the forum,

Navigate to Documents/Electronic Arts and find a older named "The Sims 4": change the name of the folder into anything you like. Now re-start the game, start afresh with a new save (for now) and see if you can play on that way. Good luck !

I just ended up re-installing and now everything seems to be working fine!
avatar
alyssaisdumb
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 19
Points : 783
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2015-06-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Problems With GTW: game won't load. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Thu 11 Jun 2015, 22:42

@alyssaisdumb wrote:
Carlos wrote:
@alyssaisdumb wrote:Hello!

I am extremely new and this is my first time posting.

Anyways, I recently downloaded the GTW expansion pack and followed the installation guide. Tried running the game, and it didn't work. Then, I tried to reapply the ultimate fix, in hopes that it would get rid of my problems (I looked at several threads in the forums before posting to see if more people were experiencing the same problem, they did, and normally this would fix it). However, I am still getting the same error message as I was before.



Hello and welcome to the forum,

Navigate to Documents/Electronic Arts and find a older named "The Sims 4": change the name of the folder into anything you like. Now re-start the game, start afresh with a new save (for now) and see if you can play on that way. Good luck !

I just ended up re-installing and now everything seems to be working fine!


Alright, please continue in your other thread here:
http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t20300-gama-data-incomplete



Problem solved, topic closed. Smile  
avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Titanfall, Counter-Strike, Hitman: Absolution, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 13755
Points : 18229
Reputation : 1918
Join date : 2012-11-02
Age : 30
Location : The Situation Room

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum