What exactly do I need to install and in what order?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What exactly do I need to install and in what order?

Post by Minaki on Fri 12 Jun 2015, 10:35

I have 4 things to install:

- The Sims 4
- The Sims 4 - Get to Work
- The_Sims_4_fix
- The_Sims_4_fix_update_only

I tried installing on the following order: The Sims 4 > The_Sims_4_fix > The Sims 4 - Get to Work > The_Sims_4_fix_update_only
Everything seemed to be working, except for the fact that the Granite Falls world couldn't be found anywhere. So now I'm wondering if I installed this in the right order (and if the fix_update_only is even necessary).

If that was the right order, any idea why Granite Falls is missing? Windows Defender is disabled and I already added the folders to the exceptions list of Kaspersky, Microsoft Security Essentials and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. Also, I am not running Origin in the background, I don't even have Origin installed.

Thanks in advance.

edit: I'd also like to know how this is gonna work as new updates get released (like patches and stuff), will we need to keep reinstalling the fix, the fix_update_only or both?

Last edited by Minaki on Fri 12 Jun 2015, 15:40; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : adding a new question)

Minaki
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What exactly do I need to install and in what order?

Post by D' Eradicated on Fri 12 Jun 2015, 17:13

Hello,

The order is: TS4 -> Get to Work -> The_Sims_4_fix. You don't need The_Sims_4_fix_update_only. Follow the instructions included correctly and it will work. Good job!

Programmer, Gamer, Anime Lover, Sims Player
Having problems with your The Sims installation, etc? Post a thread so that we can fix it together.
Have you requested a game here? Check here if I fulfilled your request. No promises, though.

D' Eradicated
Quartermaster Rookie
Making your wishes come true
Quartermaster Rookie Making your wishes come true

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims Series, Minecraft, Counter-Strike 1.6, The Escapists, I Am Bread, Besiege, SimCity 2000, DotA 1, Dota 2
Male Posts : 205

View user profile

Back to top Go down

I tried doesnt work

Post by kitsunechan on Fri 12 Jun 2015, 19:48

i tried this, it works to start the game. but the content is still missing from the game itself.  please can someone help me

kitsunechan
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

Favourite games : Sims, spore, rollercoaster tycoon
Female Posts : 2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Minaki on Fri 12 Jun 2015, 20:55

@D' Eradicated wrote:Hello,

The order is: TS4 -> Get to Work -> The_Sims_4_fix. You don't need The_Sims_4_fix_update_only. Follow the instructions included correctly and it will work. Good job!

I think the neighborhood is appearing now, but I noticed another issue. I noticed the detective career but I don't have the notebook icon on my phone, so I keep having to write all my sims deductions on a text document to keep track of her findings.

Minaki
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Fri 12 Jun 2015, 21:34

@Minaki wrote:
I think the neighborhood is appearing now, but I noticed another issue. I noticed the detective career but I don't have the notebook icon on my phone, so I keep having to write all my sims deductions on a text document to keep track of her findings.

Feel free to open a new thread in the TS4 in-game support section for that issue, though that may likely be an in-game glitch by EA, which needs to be fixed in a future patch.

And yes, whenever a new patch/Ultimate fix is out you will need to re-copy & re-paste the new files over the old ones, as there is no other way to get the update into the pirated game.

Can I consider this topic here closed, or do you have more questions about the technicals of that game ? Smile 
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 13922

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Minaki on Fri 12 Jun 2015, 22:27

Carlos wrote:And yes, whenever a new patch/Ultimate fix is out you will need to re-copy & re-paste the new files over the old ones, as there is no other way to get the update into the pirated game.

What about expansions, will I need expansion + fix, or will the ultimate fix already include the expansion files as well?

Minaki
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Fri 12 Jun 2015, 22:44

@Minaki wrote:
What about expansions, will I need expansion + fix, or will the ultimate fix already include the expansion files as well?

Good question actually; we will see how we will "pack" future stuff. Please keep in mind that I cannot possibly tell you what the situation is going to be like in 2-3 years or so. Smile  Of course, we will keep you all posted, and we will also include up-to-date instructions in your latest downloads.
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 13922

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum