FIFA Women's World Cup 2015.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

FIFA Women's World Cup 2015.

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Fri 12 Jun 2015, 22:42

Anybody on here following the tournament ? Very Happy  As an avid football (or soccer) fan, the off-season is always a bit boring. During the regular season, I mostly watch the Spanish "Liga BBVA" and the English Premier League, and during the off-seasons there is often some kind of tournament going on, like now the Women's World Cup.

Due to the timezone difference (the tournament is held in Canada, and I'm located in Europe), I need to stay up longer/get up earlier to watch a few of those matches, but so far, I actually didn't get disappointed. Of course, if you expect this to be something as the likes of FC Barcelona, Real Madrid or Juventus, then you're wrong here, as women's football is still in development, but they are coming. From a "technical" point of view (pass quality, overview, judgement, etc.), women's football may be lagging behind men's football, but still. 

I find it good that football associations & sponsors are now putting more money and effort into professional women's football, and it seems to me that the quality of the game has improved a lot in the past few years.

As for me and as a fan of that sport, it's something different, and also good enough to be watched on TV. I don't consider these matches a "waste of TV time", unlike most other contemporaries.

One highlight example is this here (you can find the rest on YouTube under the FIFATV-channel):

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14431

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FIFA Women's World Cup 2015.

Post by Adwomin on Sat 13 Jun 2015, 10:39

Good game, FIFA:

~ Nobody's gril. ~
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : GTA Series, Cities: Skylines, Prison Architect, Borderlands series
Female Posts : 19211

View user profile https://www.games4theworld.org

Back to top Go down

Re: FIFA Women's World Cup 2015.

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 13 Jun 2015, 10:47

Admin wrote:Good game, FIFA:

Damn...  Facepalm   Sorry, I didn't test if the embedded video was working on the forum too, but that's actually the first time I've ever seen this.

WhatDidUJustCallMe? 

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14431

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum